quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Still learning each day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2004 4:40 PM    Post subject: Still learning each day Reply with quote

Hi,
Now that I know where I am,(see Bonnie's post) I don't feel like this is so much a rant as a fact of life but here goes anyway.

I worked all morning cleaning and vaccuming the house in case we go on vacation. I hurried around and took my bath getting ready to change my patch. I went downstairs to fold a load of clothes when I heard the piterpater of little feet....my first reaction was OH NO WHY IS SHE HERE NOW...I came upstairs to two beautiful grandbabies reaching for me to take them. My daughter said we just stopped by a few minutes...now she knows that is not true and plus the youngest I call demolition derby for a reason can demolish the place in 5 minutes.

I felt the uneasy feeling building inside and could not even look at her. She knows how I am before leaving on a trip, what was this I am miserable with these two so I am going to ruin your day also??? I took them outside and told her to ride them around on our RTV which they love ...she did.
This was to give me time to regroup and figure out what was wrong with me...the house could be picked up again so why was I so jittery? I finished the clothes and then WHAM! I knew what was wrong...I was having a crave but did not recognise it. I know now that is what it was because I had forgot to put the patch on and it had been several hours without it. I had the jitters and was sweating...my poor daughter is worn out from the two little ones and I knew she just stopped by thinking I would be out in the yard...did not mean any harm. I put the patch on and by the time they came back to the house I was fine and played with the babies. She asked if she should leave so I told her what had happened... a light bulb moment went off in her head...she had forgot about me not smoking because I was not bitchy all the time. Laughing Laughing Laughing

The best news is I went to put some things she left here in her car and there on the seat sat my brand of cigs....I thought I could get one of those and no one would ever know...then laughed to myself and said but what would you do with it...you don't smoke.

So, thanks for letting me get this out of my system and having the patience to let me learn a little more one day at a time. I am slow but I am getting there!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kay Wink

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 10, 2004 5:19 PM    Post subject: Re: Still learning each day Reply with quote

Kay wrote:
...then laughed to myself and said but what would you do with it...you don't smoke.

you gotta love moments like this one... Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 10, 2004 6:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, it isn't the speed that matters, just the fact you get there. Very Happy Great ramble. I love it. Very Happy

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2004 8:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are learning every day. Very Happy You are doing good. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2004 8:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call and by the way save this story for the two little angels as when they grow up you will make them feel like they were there with you and in some way they will decide they had helped you quit. More than likely they are one of your Quit triggers so indirectly maybe they do deserve some credit. Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2004 9:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them hell Kay! I love it when the real realizations come. It is almost cathartic. Keep it up! Hope you get your vacation.
John

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2004 10:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Thanks everyone...I hope I get a vacation too!! This bunch is stuck on the beach if there is one left. I could go anywhere...and would prefer Italy or Greece. LOL As I watch my body fill out like a bicycle tire being pumped with air, the beach and bathing suits do not turn me on! Oh well, I can always run up and down the beach and make people think I am working real hard to get it off. Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: September 11, 2004 8:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, good job is resisting the evil one! Keep on course, you doing great.

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: September 12, 2004 12:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow so great!! You don't smoke!! hehe

Its amazing how everyday we actually notice ourselves learning all the time. Its a trip, usually we aren;t so attentive with ourselves and learning, in a way, being able to see our progress and go through the learning process and quitting...it is truly a gift!!

Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 12, 2004 3:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

I loved your rant!! I have so been in that crave spot and the stress of getting stuff done and getting ready to go somewhere, and the kids start in! Oh boy, thanks, this will be a story I'll remember during the crave times. Good for you in putting down that temptation!!!! I like the way you said it, and what would I do with it...I don't smoke. Good one!!! Cool

Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: