quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sore Throat
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: September 27, 2004 10:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Londa! Finally over the whole sore throat thing, but i do have to clear my throat from time to time. So much better than when i first posted it!

Well thanks everyone for all your info! Smile

it has helped a lot

hugs
mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 3:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, this was a timely post - i'm 2 months into my quit and i've started having lots of headaches (the dull ongoing sort that linger all day) and my throat is getting more and more sore each morning.. It clears up during the day but is horrid in the mornings - like i've had a really heavy smoking session in my sleep. All lumpy and tight and yukky.

Do you think it could be quitting smoking - or is this too late for the throat to be chucking out all it's gunk? I dont have any other ailments that would go witha cold / sore throat (apart from tiredness but i'm in the middle of moving house so i'll reassess that one later!!)

I actually hope it is my quit making my throat sore - i like to think that i'm having a big clean out!!

Do you think it could be?..
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 3:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hope, it disturbs me a little that it didn't start until recently. You mention you are in the middle of moving and my first thought is dust. Even in the cleanest of houses there will be dust with a major move. If it doesn't clear up after the move, I would definitely have it checked with a doctor. Even sooner if it intensifies.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 3:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Ms_tapestry - will do! thanks! Dust - hmmm..could well be, good thinking!! Smile
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 11:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it can be dust. But also everyones bodies is different and yours maybe just be healing in different ways. DO get it checked out by the doctor if it gets worse. I am also having headaches everyday I don't know why. If I didn't have those 2 ciggs since July 30ths, i would be around 2 months now, but I think mybody healing is just about 2 months along although my quit is almost a month. Don't know what the headaches can be?? But i know I have more headaches since quitting!

hugs
Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: