quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Class, smoker friend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: September 13, 2004 4:02 PM    Post subject: New Class, smoker friend Reply with quote

The past week I have been lucky to make friends with a bunch of non-smokers in all of my classes. Today I had a new class(advanced drawing), and well, who comes and sits right next to me but a STINKY smoker. I could smell it on her soo much, it was gross. I had to fake a smile and say HI, Nice to meet you, while i wanted to gag. Anyway I know I shouldnt be mean, because I used to smoke...But it really smells bad! I guess she felt comfortable talking with me, because during the whole class i learned a little too much about her. She asked me to go outside with her when we had a break, i said No thanks, had to use restroom. I got stuck leaving class with her, and i wanted to get away before she lit one of those deadly sticks, but i didn't make the escape quick enough. I said goodbye about 3x and she kept going and going and going.... Finally, when she stuck a cigg in her mouth to light it up...I took it as my oppurtunity to say, OK NICE TO MEET YOU, SEE YOU NEXT CLASS, BYE!!

Before she could get the cigg lit, or even start talking, i was GONE, smiling and waving BUH BYE!!! LOL

So thats what ciggs are for, to shut people up!! LOL

SHe is a nice woman, but I just didn;'t need to be put in any funky situations... So i bounced hehe

Dont know if this is a "rant" but...I am throughly becoming one of those hard core ex smokers, that is dancing on the line of drill sgt. I can't stand it!! Hopefully this period will pass... lol Laughing

Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 13, 2004 6:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so funny....might need to work on exiting skills.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: September 14, 2004 8:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the early months of my quit, I felt the same way. I did everything in my power to stay away from smokers. My mom smokes and so do most of my family members, so I knew I couldn't avoid it forever. I found that when people smoked around me, I didn't really notice they smoked. It was like my brain completely cut out that part of the event. Now I can be around smokers and not care at all. If I am locked up with them for any period of time, say at a club, I have to have a bath as soon as I get home because the smell is nauseating. I was one of those ex-smokers in the beginning too. I still think people stink and find the smell to be unbelievably gross when they come into class after just smoking, but I can deal with it now. I have moved to a stage where I am not offended by their addiction any longer and I actually feel sorry for them. I also know that even when I smoked, I had non-smoking friends who still hung out with me, so I try to remember I used to stink too. Rolling Eyes But you do whatever you have to do to keep your quit because you are doing a fabulous job. Pretty soon it won't be such a job, but more a way of life.

Hugs to you!
Tonya
8M+

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: