quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SO STUPID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: September 21, 2004 7:42 PM    Post subject: SO STUPID Reply with quote

Today I was hit in the parking lot of a sporting goods store. I needed to get more workout clothes. When I was hit, did I think, 'Thank God no one was hurt? Glad my kids are ok?' No, I thought, BOY DO I WANT TO SMOKE RIGHT NOW!!! HOW STUPID IS THAT? WHY WHEN THINGS GO WRONG IS THAT THE FIRST THING WE THINK OF? Too pathetic. Kerry
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: September 21, 2004 7:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, don't be so hard on yourself. Had a child been hurt you would have acted properly. We are only human. I know I would have done the exact same thing. I'm doing it now just reading your post! Laughing Lighten up, be grateful everyone's ok and be proud that you didn't smoke.
Keep up the good work,
John

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: September 21, 2004 8:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't stupid. That was just your old self reacting like it use to. We would always grad that cigarette during the tough times, or stressful moments.

It will get better. God knows you were grateful know one got hurt. He knows your heart.

Have a wonderful evening, and good for you for not smoking!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 21, 2004 8:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, I can see myself reacting in the same way. It's that old addiction rearing it's ugly head. You may not be able to control when the addiction comes calling, but you sure did a fine job of telling him to take a hike! Great job Kerry. Very Happy

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 21, 2004 8:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,
I am happy nobody was hurt and that you chose not to smoke! You go girl! Laughing
How is your car??
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 21, 2004 9:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad everyone is okay. Don't worry about the thoughts, I guess that is how it will be with us ex-smokers. Today our generator quit for a while and I almost made hubby go get smokes, we both almost agreed to give up the quits, but thought better of it, my kids would kill me!! But still the first thought in a crisis.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: September 21, 2004 10:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry

Glad you didn't smoke.. but i know exactly where you are coming from. I'm hoping some time in the future, we lose that urge to light up in any crisis.
Sorry bout your car

Deb
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 21, 2004 11:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

I am glad no one got hurt but please do not be hard on yourself for having that thought...I had it tonight when I got that screaming grandson back to his home and out of my car.... Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: September 22, 2004 9:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, thanks so much for your words of encouragment. My car will be ok. I was actually hit by the owner of a Chevy dealership so he's going to take care of it. My car (mini van really) is only a year old and that is why I was so bummed. I waited so long for that van - yes I'm happy to drive a van, I admit it!!!! Anyway, I'm feeling better today. I was just so frazzled yesterday.

Mindy, by the way, at the end of November some friends and I are going to The Irish Cottage Hotel. Do you know anything about it? Kerry

THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: