quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WHY ME? 2nd time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: September 23, 2004 3:49 AM    Post subject: WHY ME? 2nd time Reply with quote

Well, I wrote out a message,I took my time, trying to get my feelings across and at the same time trying to settle myself down and hoping there is a way to solve this. ( subject titled, WHY ME?) When I sent it, it disappeared. I finally feel like I can fall asleep so this is the short(2nd) version. I cant handle this diabetes crap any longer. ive had to cancel 4 appointments in a little over a 2 weeks, i dont want to drive, the meds im on make me tired and my eyesite gets blurry when my sugar goes to high. To me it is like getting behind the wheel drunk, and i wont do it. I lost it today and threw my blood sugar monitor at the wall and trashed my room. I dont know if i broke it, i havent found it yet. I had a important appointment early next week, and i had to cancel it because i dont have a way to get there.I have done so much for everybody but when I need a favor, they're too busy. I'm secure in my quit and IM not going to screw that up, but this other crap, I give up, I cant fight everything at once. I'll take it as it comes and worry about it then.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm........ But how to dance in the rain. author unknown
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: September 23, 2004 6:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney, the diabetes will not go away. You need to take care of yourself. Is there a program around where you live that provides transportation for people who can't drive? I have epilepsy and 30 years ago I couldn't drive. So the United Way provided me with transportation so I could go to my doctors appointments.

How about someone from your church? There is probably someone out there that would love to do this for you. My brother has diabetes and he has to give himself insulin everyday. All of a sudden he has done the same thing as you. He has quit giving himself insulin. WIll not monitor his sugar. As his sister, I am scared to death.

There are probably alot of relatives and friends who care so much about you, sweetie. I live in New York. If I lived closer to you, I would take you. Diabetes runs in my family.

I don't have it, so I don't know how you feel. It would be wrong of me to say I do. BUt I can say I care!

I'm going to share this with you:

Just think, you're here not by chance, but by God's choosing.
His hand FORMED you and MADE you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else- you are ONE OF A KIND.
You lack nothing that HIS GRACE can't give you.
HE has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfil
HIS SPECIAL PURPOSE for this generation.

Roy Lessin

See Laney, your needed. GOd needs you to go on and take care of yourself so you can do His work.

You can do this, honey. Just hang in there.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 23, 2004 8:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa has already said it all! Laney, don't despair. I just know there is someone nearby that could help you. My only other suggestion would be to ask the doctor himself how you can possibly get transporation. I see a medical shuttle bus in our area quite often. I know every area is different, but I just wanted to throw another idea out there for you.

Laney, diabetes is serious business. I know it seems impossible right now, but like Londa told you, it's not something you can ignore and take care of later. There may not be a later if you do.

You're worth this, and I"m so proud of you for keeping quit my dear. Now, take some time to try to calm the emotions, and let your fingers do the walking through the phone book to figure out what help is out there.

Know you're in my prayers

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 23, 2004 9:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn is right ask your doctor they have all sorts of volunteer's that do just that sort of thing. Once you are all regulated most of these feeling will go away. As I'd say to the kids when they trashed their rooms "Now what did that accomplish?" Half my hubby's family is diabetic(not him as of yet) and they all function 100% normal. Other than the fact when I first met them all and they would be comparing spots where they put the needles some not pretty might I add I got used to it all too. Laughing Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: September 23, 2004 9:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I lost it today and threw my blood sugar monitor at the wall and trashed my room. I dont know if i broke it, i havent found it yet."

Laney:

You silly shit! I would PAY to see a video of that! Smile

Now come on, pretend you were someone else standing there watching your little fit. You would bust a gut laughing at Laney, wouldn't you?

Have you calmed down? You're a very special Buddy of mine, Miss Laney. Guess I will have to call you Zaney Laney from now on, though.

Let us know how things are going now, OK?

Luv ya, Gal.

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: September 23, 2004 10:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ZANEY LANEY!! Hey Ms Laney!! I can understand how you feel! People are dumb sometimes. Too bad the little grandson doesn't have a liscense hehe, i bet he would take you!!

The fit was good, its good to get it all out sometimes, even if it means breaking something. Its better than breaking someones nose!! hehe

Just take it as it comes like you said. Its hard to deal with everything at once, but your doing an awesome job!

Mariko

PS We are 17 days!! YaY

Follow Your Bliss
Marvel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 23, 2004 11:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a deep breath Laney. Read what these people say, sit down, calm down and figure out what you need to do. Ask your 3D people for help like you do here and I know you can find someone to help. This problem will smooth out in time--remember how it was when you first quit? It's better now, yes? It will be that way with your diabetes situation when you get a handle on it. Take care of yourself.

Marvel
QD 10/21/2003

Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: September 23, 2004 3:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel better and the others are right, a ride is out there.

Tom OMG you are a riot! Laughing

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 23, 2004 7:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney,

At least from starting this thread, you got a gut busting laugh from Tom's post!!!!

Laney, you'll get there. One step at a time! I know it's frustrating all the stuff you have deal with having sugar. But it's your life we're talking here. You could go into a coma, become blind, lose limbs, and a host of other stuff that diabetics face if it's not managed. Easy, no. Pain in the ass, yes!!! But, it's worth all the hassle! Just like quitting. Worth all the effort! One step at a time. Make a list, figure out obstacles. You can do this. Take a deep breath, and think about your options. Girl, you are too special not to take care of yourself!!!!! Very Happy

Let us know how it goes for you.

Love Ya,
Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 23, 2004 11:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom if Laney comes to the get together, don't forget to duck!!
You silly nilly, you have to take care of yourself first!!! Please let us know that you have made arrangements to get to the doctor's appt. If you don't find your monitor, you may want to look inside that big hole in the wall. Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: September 24, 2004 7:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney, i come from a family with a long history of diabetes. My father has it, my aunt, uncle, a whole line of them. It is a very seriouse disease that you have to take care of. My uncle died from at at the age of 50, because he didn't take care of himself. Please talk to your Dr about it, maybe they can change your meds around, it is worth a try. I feel for you. I hope I don't end up with it. Good job on staying quit through it all, I am proud of you. Razz Jeri
auntieM

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 12, 2004 7:40 PM    Post subject: Diabetes Reply with quote

Laney,

Your reaction may be related to blood sugar levels. My dad flips out when his sugar is off.

I eat like a diabetic too. It sucks!

Em

There are days when you have to be Wonder Woman. Then there are days when you fake it until you make it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: