quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bad Bad, girl
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: September 26, 2004 11:17 AM    Post subject: Bad Bad, girl Reply with quote

Ok I don't know what has come over me. I went to my Dads yesterday, picked up one of his cigarettes and smoked it. I have no excuse, I made the conciouse choice to smoke the peice of crap, I am not going to beat myself up, I am going to start all over again. Yes I am mad at my self, but I will learn from this . I have to change my quit date to Sep 26, I know I can do this I did it for almost 2 months, and I did it for 9 months when I was pregnent. Here I go again. Jeri Rolling Eyes
Katy

Quit Date:
January 4, 2002

PostPosted: September 26, 2004 12:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw Jeri....that is the pits! but learn from it and don't punish yourself with it. Get a plan in mind as to how you could avoid smoking in this circumstance? If you are early to quitting, have family and friends keep cigarettes out of your reach. if you go somewhere and see them lying there, quicly tell the owner to remove them from your sight.
and then tell yourself this was just a 'slip' not a relapse Be angry about it, but be angry at the junky in you.....not at the quitter. make a new commitment to keep him from taking the control away from you!
Katy

Smoking is NOT an option.
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 26, 2004 2:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, I am so sorry you lost your Quit. I am glad you are hopping back in the saddle though. Let's make this one stick! Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
terryg

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: September 26, 2004 2:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri,

Oh man, I feel for you........ Sad

It's so great that you didn't just keep smoking though. You stopped and got right back to quiting. Don't focus too much on your screw up, keep focusing on your quit. This time is for keeps !!!!!!! Go girl, you can do it.
Terry
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 26, 2004 4:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it was only one and you are not back to smoking full time. Good for you for jumping back in the ring!!

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: September 26, 2004 4:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey be nice to yourself!

I am proud of you for being honest and starting again. Learn from this, and turn into something positive!

We all make mistakes sometimes, but i really see you are determined to quit, you can do it!

hugs
Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 26, 2004 5:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Jeri, I am so sorry about your quit but I am glad you are not beating yourself up over it. What is done is done...I am so proud that you are mounting that old horse and getting right back on the track. So you get thrown a few times, now you know when and how to hold on. I am ready to ride the trail if you are???
Kay
Wink

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 26, 2004 10:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big bummer!!!

Well, like others have said...at least you didn't smoke more, just the one. Glad you went straight back to your quit! That's what matters in the end. The quit and staying quit.

Keep your chin up and keep going! You will totally overcome this.

Love,
Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: September 27, 2004 2:06 AM    Post subject: HI Reply with quote

Hi Jeri, I know how hard it is being around a smoker, it's caused me to screw up so many times I lost count. My kids dont smoke around me and have actually cut way back on their own smoking, but my husband wont go outside, or back in his computer room to smoke. Its so tempting, but its true, about 1 puff. I have suckers all over the house, and when we finish eating and he lites up, I grab a sucker. That seems to be working the best for me. In 1 hour I will hit my 3 weeks smoke free! Hang in there, it is possible Wink sinc, Laney

Life isn't about how to survive the storm........ But how to dance in the rain. author unknown
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: September 27, 2004 7:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri your a great inspiration for all of us. You have proven that just because you fall off the wagon dosn't mean you can't get back on.

I am so proud of you for not giving into smoking. You had one, yes, but you went right back to your quit! That is something to be proud of.

Very Happy

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 27, 2004 9:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn!!

Well good luck - and well done for getting right back to quitting again - many tend to have to wait for the "right" time again (me included a couple of quits ago! ..)
Londa and everyone are right - thats something to be proud of!

Hope
never give up giving up
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 27, 2004 9:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeri

I'm sorry you lost your quit. do you know what the trigger or backdoor was? I'm just curious (a nicer way of saying - I'm being nosey Smile )

I'm proud of you for jumping right back into a new quit plan though! That takes a lot of strength to keep from sinking too deep.

Kris
One month, two weeks, five days, 7 hours, 51 minutes and 5 seconds. 1006 cigarettes not smoked, saving $201.31. Life saved: 3 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: September 27, 2004 4:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi every one, thank you so much for your support. kris you asked me the trigger. Well I was at my dads we were outside grilling out, he gave me a beer. His cigarettes were laying on the picnic table, and i thought a cigarette and a beer sound so good on a day like to day in the presence of a smoker. Well needless to say, I will not drink another beer when I go back to my Dads. I haven't smoked again. i am back on the track on a different train. Jeri Laughing
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 27, 2004 4:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same train Jeri just remember not to get off this time as the ride isn't over yet. Laughing Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
skiermom

Quit Date:
July 25, 2003

PostPosted: September 28, 2004 8:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww Jeri - ouch! Just get up and start again. Don't feel bad about it - just accept it and MOVE ON. You know what you have to do..........and that you can do it.! Hang in there, ok?

Today is a gift........enjoy it!

Eileen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: