quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Greetings !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 11:51 PM    Post subject: Greetings ! Reply with quote

Greetings to All!
I'm Lisa and have recently discoverd FFS, this site and others to assist me with this evil addiction. Have smoked 30 years and never quit for more than 2 days,but this is the first time I want to quit for me! My dad and my brother died from lung cancer. Brother had not smoked for 12years. Still didn't get me to quit. Know I will need all the support I can get to be successful. Planning and educating myself until quit date May3.

Congratulations to all who are smoke-free.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 12:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Welcome to woofmang. Are you working the modules at FFS? Have you set your quit date? Prepare and learn all that you can about nicotine addiction. The support you find here will be your life line. You can quit smoking. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 1:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lisa-

Welcome!! Get educated and prepare yourself. The first three days are the worst.. but think of all the lost long weekends we've had where we wake up on Monday, the alarm ringing, and we wonder where the last few days went. THAT's the worst of it, physically.. it might feel like it goes no a long time, but after the physical withdrawal it gets easier and easier.

The messed up thing about having never made it past two days is you don't have a sense of how it gets better/easier (easier but not "easy" per se!)

You can do this.. believe in yourself, shore up your resolve. We'll be here to help and cheer you on.. we all been there!

-Zuzu
Paul

Quit Date:
February 6, 2004

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 8:09 AM    Post subject: Hi Lisa Reply with quote

Hi Lisa~

You are off to a good start. The education and support components are the keys to a sucessful quit in my opinion. After that all you need is some of your own determination and I can sense that you have that too.

We will be pulling for you!!

Ri paul
75 days nicotine free
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 11:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Lisa
Sorry I am late welcoming you, but I just found your post. You seem to have a good start on preparing for May 3. As everyone has said do the modules on FFS. If you want to post your lessons here...that is fine too. Most of us have gone through or are going through the FFS program, so you can get support and feedback on the FFS lessons here as well as the boards there.
Post often so that people will get to know you before your actual quit date.
And you will get to know us.
You can do this Lisa. And you don't have to do it alone, we are right there with you.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 11:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lisa and Welcome

I can't add to much more to what everyone else has said other then read at why quit .com and educate yourself even further I recommend nicodemon's lies and nicotine 101 also read kevin's tales from the quit here at woofmang.

Post here often and we will get to know you better and you us. There are a great bunch of people here. They are loving caring supportive and just darn great .

One week, three days, 15 minutes and 53 seconds. 400 cigarettes not smoked, saving $69.07. Life saved: 1 day, 9 hours, 20 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 12:34 PM    Post subject: Hi Lisa Reply with quote

Sounds like you're really getting prepared for this quit. That's good, it takes preparation and will. You will find lots of positive reinforcement and support here. Please take advantage of it. I know that it has strengthened my quit TREMENDOUSLY! Looking forward to chatting with ya.

Rach
Three Years and counting
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 4:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome!

am reading the FFS modules and have just completed Mod 2. I have 1 more day of pack tracking left. I'm finding that in so many of my daily activites I will smoke while I perform them without even thinking. My urges to smoke seem to be getting stronger at times. I am really excited and scared about quitting. Then there are times I think I should just forget about my quit and go for it,but don't feel I have prepared myself enough yet.

Be proud of yourselves for being a non-smoker. It takes strength!
Lisa
Paul

Quit Date:
February 6, 2004

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 4:44 PM    Post subject: hi callie Reply with quote

Calliemae~

There is also a lot of educational reading both here in Kevin's "Tales of the Quit" and at whyquit.com. I encourage you to check these sources out as well.

Keep on going!!

Ri paul
lbuz

Quit Date:
May 29, 2007

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 6:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa

Glad to see you here, it's a nice place to be!!!!

One month, three weeks, four days, 5 hours, 30 minutes and 24 seconds. 813 cigarettes not smoked, saving $203.36. Life saved: 2 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes.

Lisa
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 6:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa
I think you are wise to wait until you feel prepared. The excitement you are feeling is postive and normal. but you don't want to start before you are ready. Get your modules done up to 4....4 is the quit module I am confused about your quit date. In your first post you mentioned that your quit date was May 3, but under your name it is April 26....?????
As far as your urges to smoke getting stronger....I have heard that from many quitters as well as myself. It don't know the reason for it...it has to be psychological. I know I would be jonesing for a cigarette and before I would put one out. It really was an odd sensation. Don't worry about it.
Isn't it amazing how many cigarettes we smoked without even thinking about it or even wanting one. The pack tracking taught me alot about my smoking habit.
When I figured out where i smoked the most of my cigarettes I made "no smoking" zones in my house. My recliner where I watch TV was a no smoke zone and my computer was a no smoke zone. That made me have to delibrately go have a smoke and it actually did automatically cut down on the amount I smoked. It also made it easier to be at the computer and watch tv without smoking, as I had already changed that behavior.
You keep doing what you are doing...You are getting very prepared. Get yourself as ready as possible. And keep posting to us.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 7:11 PM    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Welcome to the site. I was smoking for 34 years, and am now over 9 weeks smoke free....so take it from me....you can do it!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 9:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa! We're so glad you're here! Pat yourself on the back...the first step is planning your quit. Stick it out with all the modules at FFS...they help so much!

Remember we're here to support each other (and by what I see...you couldn't find a better group of people!)

Welcome!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: