quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Where do we cash in our passes????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 30, 2004 7:01 PM    Post subject: Where do we cash in our passes???? Reply with quote

One month, one week, four days, 17 hours, 31 minutes and 48 seconds. 1068 cigarettes not smoked, saving $299.11. Life saved: 3 days, 17 hours, 0 minutes.

Apparently after 5 weeks I've gained 3 days 17 hours of LIFE

That's all well and good but think about it where do I cash it in????
This should never in my opinion be added to the quit meter it's actually discouraging to me.
Money saved looks awesome as well as days QUIT.

Here is me at the Pearly Gates:Come on let me see the Head Honcho I have a 3 day pass here and no way you reneging on that.
Here is me but DID NOT MAKE the Pearly Gates: Look Bozo you think you are collecting today your mad (once again) I have a 3 day pass.
For the Monopoly Fan: Not a chance. Here is my get out of jail free card (once again) I have a 3 day pass.

Are you noticing a pattern??? Where is the guy that actually takes the 3 day pass????

This was all in fun and I hope none take offense Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here

Last edited by Melody on September 30, 2004 9:00 PM; edited 1 time in total
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 30, 2004 7:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Melody, I have to agree with you. I don't know what it is based off of either. Take a look:

I have been quit for 3 Months, 1 Week, 3 Days, 18 hours, 35 minutes and 1 second (102 days). I have saved $399.57 by not smoking 1,849 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days, 10 hours and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/20/2004

I haven't even made it to a week yet. As soon as you figure out who takes the passes, clue me in will you? Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: September 30, 2004 8:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My quit keeper says Life Saved: 2 weeks, 1 day, 18 hours, 5 minutes.
So I have to say that I am happy to see that. Never know what ya might miss out on if you were not here, if that time was not saved. However when it is my time to stand at the pearly gates and I will be going IN no question about that one...... I will be ready for that too. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 12:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with Tammy on this one.

The quit meter measures 5 mins of life saved with each cigarette NOT smoked. OK...when a person smokes it TAKES AWAY time from your total LIFE SPAN. When a person stops smoking...a person SAVES time and it's added back into that total LIFE SPAN, that was originally shorten by smoking. AND YES, I'M HAPPY THAT I AM SAVING LIFE NOW!!!! My quit has lengthened my time here on earth to enjoy this life. So this measurement is a real comfort to me. Very Happy And since we don't know our original life span here on earth, but the Lord does, I'm sure glad to know that after this time on earth....I will be forever living in HIS kingdom...with eternal LIFE. Life keeps on going. There's no end to it. The only thing that changes is the location. Very Happy

Deb

I have been quit for 1 Week, 6 Days, 24 minutes and 39 seconds (13 days). I have saved $71.15 by not smoking 455 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 13 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 09/17/2004

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 2:44 AM    Post subject: I earned a weeks vacation Reply with quote

Hey, I've saved: 7 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes. I am going to take a vacation and use mine now. I'll get more as time goes on by not smoking.

I think this is great.

Sandyz
Eleven months, one week, 17 hours, 43 minutes and 16 seconds. 15468 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,111.41.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 8:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way it was explained to me was that was the amount of TIME we spent smoking (on average) and I look at it as however much of the life I do have I haven't spent smoking cigarettes.

It's actually what I celebrate the most from my quit meter these days...the money never seems to materialize when you have as many kids as I do!! Wink

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 9:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lead to believe it's the time that each cigarette takes off your life. Like if you've saved 2 days then you'll have died 2 days earlier if you'd have continued to smoke all the cigarettes you've not-smoked.

The doctors estimate that each cigarette can take off between 5 and 20 minutes of life!!

The silkquit version is going by the fact that each cigarette takes 5 minutes off your life expectancy - so in fact if you use this quit metere then the ammount of extra life you're going to live could be under estimated!! (Great!!!)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/583722.stm
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 3:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have saved 9days, 5hrs, 12min. Melody, if you can figure out where we cash in these things, maybe we could all pitch in 5 minutes and give it as a gift card to Kevin at Christmas to show our appreciation. Very Happy

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 4:01 PM    Post subject: Barb Reply with quote

Now that's going cheap. Can you imagine giving all family members(leave the kids out of it) for a huge joke so many minutes each for xmas. I'd just love to see the thank you's then leave the room but tape the conversation while I was gone. Laughing Laughing Laughing
I have 7 siblings as well as Mom and Dad. I just might take your idea and see what happens. Of course I'll have their gifts hidden. This is way to much fun thanks for the inspiration. Wink

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 2, 2004 4:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a trip, we could even call them roll over minutes that don't expire!! Laughing

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: