quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[color=red]New to site! Came from FFS![/color]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanessa

Quit Date:
March 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 9:29 AM    Post subject: [color=red]New to site! Came from FFS![/color] Reply with quote

Hi there everyone. I thought I would venture on over here since I have heard alot of "buzz" over these message boards. I was feeling a little left out...but here I am. Very cool. I am enjoying the readin and catching up on the news!

Surprised

Don't accept your current situation as a permanent station in life. You have the power to change. Strive for more.
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 9:53 AM    Post subject: How-do!!! Reply with quote

Hello Vanessa, and Welcome!!!

Glad to see you here. I'm an FFS defector myself. Always glad to have more of us around. Check it out, it's a great place to hang. "The Tales" that Kevin has posted in regards to his own quit and experiences is a really wonderful thing to read. Inspirational and informational.

Be well, and welcome!!

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Paula

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 10:09 AM    Post subject: Welcome Vanessa Reply with quote

I'm a new kid on the block here too. I was having some big problems with FFS message boards before they made whatever changes they made... but I find this much easier, and much more friendly.

Look forward to getting to know you more
Glad you are here.

God Bless
-Paula
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paul

Quit Date:
February 6, 2004

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 10:45 AM    Post subject: hi vanessa Reply with quote

Hi Vanessa~~~

It's Ri paul. Glad to "see" you. I hope all is well with you.

Are you still a quitter? Of course you are!! And your parents? Are they still quitters too?

Glad to see you. I keep checking in over at FFS but continue to have posting problems.

Ri Paul
75 days
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 10:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Vanessa,

Happy to see you holding on strong. Take a look around (read the tales) and make yourself at home. It's nice here.

I wish you peace.

alison
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 11:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome Vanessa
Wow it sure is nice to see your post. I sure hope you stick around. I always love your feedback. Sorry to hear about your mom relapsing... Is she back on the quit road again....how's Dad doing. And obviously you are continuing to DO GREAT.
Awesome
Looking forward to your posts

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 11:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vanessa,

I don't remember if I saw you on FFS or not but I am also a FFS defector I found the posting to the message boards just to frustrating. All that signing in it drove me

Anyway welcome to Woofmang take a look around and hopefully post on here more often so we can get to know you.

One week, three days, 26 minutes and 14 seconds. 400 cigarettes not smoked, saving $69.12. Life saved: 1 day, 9 hours, 20 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 11:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Vanessa,
Kick your shoes off and stay awhile...It's a really nice place!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 12:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well, well look who has finally made it over here, my FL bud. Very Happy It is so nice to see you here. You are going to love this site. Kevin issuch a great host too. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 12:36 PM    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Vanessa - it's me, PamO with a more formal name. Not posting much here lately, but should be back soon.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 1:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vanessa and WELCOME!

Rach
Three Years and counting
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 1:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Vanessa! Welcome!

-Zuzu
Vanessa

Quit Date:
March 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 3:10 PM    Post subject: Thanks Everyone for the Warm Welcome! Reply with quote

A few of you asked for an update about my parent's success/defeat. Well Dad is doing really well still. He is empowered by his quit. I, as you all know, have moved onto other issues like weight control/exercise, etc. Smoking, or the lack of, doesn't even really enter my mind all that much anymore. I know that it could creep up and really hit me square in the knees but for now I am doing good. Mom unfortunately relapsed several days ago and was really really having a horrible time. My only consolation is that she does realize that she needs to see a DR for her severe depression (she blamed this on her quit but that if she smoked she would be better). Well she did smoke and she wasn't better. She's recognized this and will commit to trying again after seeing a DR and/or counselor. Thanks for asking. Everyone is looking REAL good....Keep it up!!

Don't accept your current situation as a permanent station in life. You have the power to change. Strive for more.
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 4:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vanessa hon, I'm so glad you joined us! I'm still posting at FFS as often as I am patient enough to deal with it to help newbies, but I come here to take care of me! Kevin's writings are very insightful and I love the feel of the boards here. I hope it is good for you, too, hon.

Cool

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 21, 2004 5:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vanessa,
I'm so glad you found us! I come over here as well as FFS...Welcome aboard!
Mindy
Three months, one week, two days, 16 hours, 52 minutes and 39 seconds. 4028 cigarettes not smoked, saving $704.63. Life saved: 1 week, 6 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: