quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fall is here, BUT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 2, 2004 11:56 PM    Post subject: Fall is here, BUT Reply with quote

I just love the fall of the year...the humidity starts to disappear, the horses start to run and play, the vendors start setting up their wares. Now, the down side to this is that I have to turn another year older, I have gotten wider, I have not gotten taller,I have to stop the patch soon and the stores want me to buy x'mas and I haven't even decorated for Halloween yet.
I want to play, I do not want to do all the usual stuff, I want to explore a mountain side and look for caves...oh my, I think I am regressing. Is it normal to want EVERYTHING when you quit smoking? I am shopping and will be broke Laughing Laughing and do not like the way anything fits..it all looks strange to me...I look in the mirror and say whoa who is this plump little woman???? Laughing Laughing

I had my hair highlighted and cut today. The stylist asked me what I would like her to do with my hair....I told her to make me look like one HOT MAMA...not that I am but just wanted to look like one. Laughing Laughing I thought she was going to faint...Bless her heart, I guess she was not expecting that out of someone my AGE...anyway, she gave me a discount as a birthday present and for making her day. Laughing Laughing My hair is blonde and a little jagged but I still look like that plump old lady to me. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 3, 2004 4:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, LOL! Our hearts are singing the same song! I love this time of year and I say go for it! Go romp with the horses. Spend some time exploring something or somewhere new. It is an absolute joy to be alive, fully alive and not living behind the smoke screen. Yes I am wider than when I was younger, but healthier, and wiser makes better. I was out shopping yesterday and bought two great long sleeve v-neck tees in the most awesome fall colors. If you see a long blue jean skirt, will you let me know? Can't find the one I want anywhere!

You know, when you described your haircut I got this instant vision of Sharon Stone in my head! If we see flames coming from Alabama, we know it's Hot Mama's smoking . . .well, that's your granddaughter's story. Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: October 3, 2004 9:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, yesterday, 10/2/04, was your birthday? Sorry this is late, but...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAY!

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 3, 2004 10:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,
There is just more of you to love!! I bet you are one hot mamma with that new hair color!! Was your birthday yesterday?

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 3, 2004 12:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys...I guess this should have been a ramble but what the heck?
No, my birthday is today 10-03-04 and yep, I am 54 years old. I am really not that upset about being 54 becausethe other day, I thought I was going to be 55 and could not for the life of me figure out how I missed the whole year. You see, I thought I was already 54 I guess Laughing Laughing

Tonya, I will look for a blue jean skirt, thanks Tom for the wishes and Barb I am certain there is more of me Laughing Laughing ...hey Tonya, Sharon Stone has legs, I guess I could be a shorter verson Laughing Laughing
Kay

ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 3, 2004 12:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooo-hooooo, Happy Birthday Kay!!!!!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: October 3, 2004 5:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi youngster! 54 souns great to me, I am 61, I did not ask my hair dresser to make me a hot mama, but I did ask her to please not give me the standard old lady hair cut. She did fairly well. I still look like a little old lady, but I have an up to date hair cut! Laughing

Happy Birthday!

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: October 3, 2004 11:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, Happy birthday! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 3, 2004 11:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 minus 4 is 1, right? (just have to know how to do the math...)

happy birthday, Kay!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 4, 2004 7:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy birthday to you...
happy birthday to you...
happy birthday dear Kay
happy birthday to you...

Kay, I am doing stuff and enjoying life more now that I am not smoking. What you are experiencing is JOY! It's wonderful! And I bet you are one hot mama. And I also think you probably don't look old!

I have my hair highlighted blonde. For years I was salt and pepper. I grayed very early in life. People loved my salt and pepper. SOmetimes ya just have to have a change.

You have a wonderful day, and thank you for sharing your beautiful personality with us! Wink

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: October 4, 2004 9:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belated Happy Birthday, Kay. Nice hair do Very Happy

Essie
4/14/04
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 4, 2004 9:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday!! I bet you hair looks fabulous!!

Smile

Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
terryg

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: October 4, 2004 11:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

Take that new you to the mall and have one of the women at the Clinique counter give you a make over. It is termendously fun, you can do something daring or different than the way you normally wear you makeup, and its all for free...... If you dont like it you can just wash it off when you get home. It's really quite fun.

Happy Birthday to you.
Jenny

Quit Date:
August 2, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 8:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - happy belated birthday to you!

Fall is my favorite time of year, too!

This is a great post - you are funny. Lots of us are experiencing our first 'fall' as a non-smoker - sounds like your 'SENSES' are perked up....you are noticing lots of things!!

I can't see you - but I can honestly tell by the way your write - THAT YOU LOOK GREAT LADY! Keep working hard at what's important to you! You'll be rewarded with positive results.

Get out there on that horse trail and enjoy the weather. It's a great 'non-smoking' birthday, isn't it!! Wink

Jenny
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 10:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the wishes! I had a great day! Now, I have a very, very sore throat....dang snotting nose little ones...oh yes...I love them but wish they would keep their snot to themselves. Oh well, YA'LL, at least now I know what was wrong and why I was so sleepy. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks Jenny for the vote of confidence, I sure hope your vibes are right! Very Happy Very Happy
Kay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: