quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 4, 2004 8:16 PM    Post subject: Question??? Reply with quote

I am not having a problem with not smoking right now...the problem is I want to sleep very late in the mornings...like this morning I did not wake up until 10:40 and I went to bed a little after 11:00. I did have a coughing spell until around 2a.m. which definitely reaffirmed my quit...but this is not the first day that I have felt sleepy all day. No depression just lazy Laughing Laughing ...anyone else been through this??? I may be wearing myself out with all the things I want to do Laughing Laughing
Kay
Wink

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 4, 2004 11:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed when I first quit, I was waking up very early. I was waking up more refreshed I think because no nicotine was in my system. THen i got used to it and want to sleep later. Due to work and school I cannot stay in my bed as long as i like but...girll...on the weekends...fugghetit i'm in my bed till 11am!! hehe

OH, yeah and im big time lazy lately lol Laughing

Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 1:48 AM    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi!

I too seem to want to sleep late. And I cannot seem to get to sleep easy at night. It's crazy for me. I have noticed though since starting a class and being occupied with homework from that, the sleep thing is getting better.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 6:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay ~

My sleep symptoms are not as bad as yours are now. I did have a great deal of trouble re-regulating my sleep. One of the things nicotine did ~ for me ~ was really act as a stimulant. Everyone is different and nicotine does effect everyone differently ~ but, if this is how it effected you, I can tell you what I did. I am really committed to an exercise program. And, I never gave up caffiene. After drinking only green tea for the first three months, I had an intense craving for a latte about 3 weeks ago. I am drinking coffee again and am surprised I have absolutely no craving for a cigarette with it! Yeah!

Have you watched what you are eating? Are you getting enough balanced protein, carbs and sugar? I know I started craving the sugar and caffiene in chocolate and am still working out a good balance on that one! Wink

OK ~ so all that rambling was meant to say....I don't think you are lazy. You just need to listen to your body and "tweak" a little to help it heal and get that Cowgirl "Umph" back! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 6:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, great answers here. Mind, body, spirit. . . are you listening Kay? Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 9:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks girls. and yes I am listening...but I woke up this morning and my throat hurts very bad...guess I was getting something and it was slowing me down...sure hope it is just allergies we are suppose to go to Fl this weekend with the kids....and to night is dance lessons for Willa!

Geezzzzz and I was on such a roll Laughing but still wonder if I may just be having a brain freeze from all the activitiy going through it lately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Ok I am up and will get moving ...once I am up I am good to go! Laughing Laughing
Kay

londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 10:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself getting sleepier earlier now. Use to go to bed at 9:00pm. Now I am in bed at 8:00. Reading or watching tv but still in bed.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Katy

Quit Date:
January 4, 2002

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 10:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still recall clearly a period of time when all I wanted to do was curl up with my "blankie" and take naps. I finally just gave in and let myself rest/nap whenever the opportunity presented itself.....and a few times when I really shouldn't have! LOL It's all part of quitting. Just be good to yourself. Pamper and reward yourself......if sleeping in, naps, early to bed feels good to you.....the do it! This "tiredness" will finally pass and things will return to normal.
Katy

Smoking is NOT an option.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 10:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Katy I was getting worried...I am usually so hyper and this sudden slow motion feeling really felt weird...I took my granddaughter home this evening and came in fell on the sofa and took a short nap...just could not resist...my throat hurts but no fever...just wanted to nap...hubby thinks it is funny but then he can nap standing up. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 6, 2004 4:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Kay, did you just compare your hubby to a horse??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tonya

~ Eleanor Roosevelt
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 6, 2004 6:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Vanessa

Quit Date:
March 7, 2004

PostPosted: October 6, 2004 2:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too was tired alot as my body healed!! But changing some things, i.e., exercising, taking some vitamins, and relaxing when my body needed to helped me through. It's important that you don't fight the issue....if your sleepy....tell yourself it's ok....that it's part of the process, etc. If you feel like a cold or flu is coming on....then take care of yourself and allow yourself to not feel well. Embrace the process and the symptoms will move through quickly....

Good luck and feel better.

Don't accept your current situation as a permanent station in life. You have the power to change. Strive for more.
terryg

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: October 6, 2004 4:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmm, just reading this string makes me tired. I'm always tired these days also. I think a lot of it has to do with my diet. Since I quit smoking I have let my good eating habbits kinda go by the wayside. Oh, you know what I mean, I'm munching on junk food constantly. Hmmmmmmmmm, I need to do something about that..... Wink Rolling Eyes Terry
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2004 11:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Tonya, I was just reading this thread again and found your post about me comparing my hubby to a horse....which end are you referring to???
Laughing Laughing Kay

ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 16, 2004 5:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing You pick! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tonya

~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: