quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 12:49 PM    Post subject: Children Reply with quote

I got up this morning chipper and happy. I was going to take the kids to lunch and spend some time with them and buy Halloween costumes. But everytime I plan something nice like this they turn into little shits. My Daughter got a listening problem and got grounded from friends for a few days and my sons got hyper and messed up everything I cleaned this morning while I was in the shower. So we got that cleaned up and was going to give them a 2nd chance(cause I really want to go) and I was having them clean the front yard for 2nd chance and they are fighting now over who is doing more work. Ahhhhhhh!! For them being the reasons I quit smoking they sure want to drive me back to it. Anyway feel better just having ranted, thank you!

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Mar

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 1:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things never change. As parents, we visualize a magical time with our children and get warm and fuzzy feelings over the anticipation of participating in a fun thing with our little angels. However, they have their own agenda and do not always go along with our thinking. It happened with my children, and happens with my grandchildren. We are feeling like a member of the Brady Bunch and they are acting, as you say, like little shits! It is very disappointing to us, but a reality of life.

Don't think of smoking because of their behavior. They will grow up and leave home and you may well still be smoking. I'm certain you won't succumb, but just want to give you something to think about while you are fuming about their antics.

I hope the rest of the day goes better.

Marlene
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 4:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brings back memories. When my son was little (he is now 25) he would want two cookies. I told him only one or he would go without. He chose to go without.

I know the following will sound mean, but I had to make a point. Can't remember the whole details, but I remember the kids (daughter and son) and I were on a little day trip and I told them if they behaved they could have a treat when we were done. Well they sure didn't behave, but I DID so I had my treat right in front of them. People think I was mean, but I was trying to prove a point to them. It worked, by the way.

I also remember a day when my son called me at work and said his sister was telling him what to do. And there you are trying to solve all this on the phone while at work. I think that is one of the reasons I quit and waited to go back to work when they were older. I was one of those mothers that needed to be home. I do admire those that can do both.

They put me through the wringer, but I love them dearly. And they love me also. I thank God everyday for them.

I hope you have a better day. THose little angels can be devils at times Wink

Thanks for sharing this. My children are all grown, and yes, they give me other headaches sometimes. But I miss them when they were little.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 5:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Is this the dumping site???/I have some to dump if it is Laughing Laughing My daughter showed up at 2:00 with Willa saying she was saving me a trip out this afternoon. Now, I did not feel well and was moving like a turtle so I guess it is just part of life. Dance lessons don't start until 5:45 and she knows I was trying to get things together for the trip Afghhhhhhh it does not change is what I am trying to say. I am a firm believer that kids are all about themselves no matter how old they get!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Jenny

Quit Date:
August 2, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 8:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those little snots are testing you...I always go look at them when they are sleeping - it helps ease the pain of how bad they were that day!

Mine were too far apart in age to fight...but coming from a family of 6 (and I'm a twin) and we were all less than 2 years apart in age - well - needless to say - there was a lot of FIGHTING, TEASING, TATTLING, GETTING THE OTHER ONE IN TROUBLE.....you name it.

All this makes for good memories down the road!!

Jenny
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 10:46 PM    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Things to Think About Children!

1. You spend the first two years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

I made a post about children in the humor forum and the one above is of the entries. While it was meant to humor people, it seems so sadly true sometimes.

I hope you have a better day with them tomorrow.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 10:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at them in their sleep is good...it keeps you from strangling them. Laughing Laughing

Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 6, 2004 9:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you guys, you helped take the edge off. I do love them dearly and love the extra time I have with them since the storm. But as Marlene said I have Brady Bunch visions and they are not on the same page as me. Things will be better today as i will send them all outside to play, except for the grounded one.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 7:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the irony of quitting for our kids and being driven back to smoking. That is so hilarious, so true, and so .........sad. Laughing
John

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 8, 2004 12:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm never having kids Laughing

Follow Your Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: