quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Here I go AGAIN!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
16Ocean

Quit Date:
April 16, 2004

PostPosted: October 17, 2004 6:21 AM    Post subject: Here I go AGAIN!! Reply with quote

Okay, where to begin, hmmmmm. So much talk, and lots of desire, just lacking the get up and go do it! Yes, I am talking about going back to the gymn. The last time these people saw me, well, I was in pretty good shape, muscles and all, and weighing in a few pounds lighter, so, yes, it is hard to go face ones, when I have gone to pot! Let alone trying to remember how to even work the machines for all different muscles! And if I had the money I would hire a trainer in a second, just to get me going again, and on track, held accountable, is that it? Thats what I wanted to ask, like when we quit smoking, we were the ones who made up our minds to do so. Yet, we do not do it alone, at least not all the time, there are all you here, for support, we can come to Woofmang, and write how we are feeling, ways we are struggling to quit, or stay quit, and then, whats one thing that is so cool, someone on here, responds to our posts, which is so incredibly helpful. So, I am wondering, what about an exercise program, if we begin, would it be okay to come here for encouragement for that??? Like setting a date to quit smoking, how about me setting a date for me to begin getting my body stronger physically, which helps one mentally as well. Well, here goes, my starting date is: Monday the 18th! My gymn is about 3 minutes away from my house, and open 24 hours during the week, and since I am a night person, well, here goes..........Last time I did the gymn, I would smoke on the way there, then spray perfume on to cover the smoke smell, good gosh, those were the good ole days, not!!! Well, anyone else ready to begin an exercise, get fit program??? Thanks for listening, Heidi
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 17, 2004 10:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for it, Heidi! that's at least part of what this forum is for; to support each other as we move towards wellness in other areas of our lives.

let us know how you're doing!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: October 17, 2004 11:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get up and go Heidi. You will feel so much better and what freedom no more going in there worrying about the stink and did you cover it up well. Just think how much better you will be able to breathe while working out too. Just do it! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 17, 2004 8:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Heidi.......I've been thinking of going on a diet and some form of exercise since March......(when I quit) REMEMBER IN ONE OF OUR LESSONS AT FFS IT SAYS, DON'T USE FOOD AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR SMOKING, WELL OF COURSE I DID.......and 20-25lbs later i am wobbling around eating ring dings, lays potato chip, and chocolate....(thats only for breakfast ha ha) i am thinking about going on a 1200 calorie diet and maybe walking........I will think about it more while I have a ring ding Embarassed Embarassed WOW GAIL GET YOUR BUTT MOVING.........fatty fatty 2x4 Embarassed
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 17, 2004 9:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heidi,

I think it is great that you are starting an exercise program...I am waiting on a new gym to open in Nov that will be very close to the farm. I have weight equipment in the basement but there always seems to be something else I need to do. I know once I get started I will continue to exercise here also. I used to be quite strong in my younger years and look forward to having that stamina again.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 18, 2004 6:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heidi, moving toward the exercise phase of my Quit has been a gradual process for me. I have to say I still have not worked module 7 at FFS! Embarassed I admire those who go to gyms, but I just don't have what it takes to do that. At home, I do upper body exercises with weights, sit ups and stretches 2 or 3 times a week, I walk stairs at work 3 or 4 times a week and lately, my weekend walks have turned into runs. I now run a mile (yeah!) 2 or 3 times a week. I started with one pound weights, went to three pound weights and now, after about 8 months use five pound weights. About a month or so ago I started with 5 sit ups and now have worked up to 20 sit ups. The weight is slowly, and I mean slowly, coming off, but mostly I feel so much healthier and stronger.

So, Heidi, I'm totally with you on this! Start where ever you are, but mainly, just get started! Very Happy

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 18, 2004 9:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it! Exercising along with quitting go hand in hand. Its really both a rewarding experience. I used to take ballet and stopped a long time ago. I always thought about going back etc. I never made the intiative till I quit smoking to actually go back. Now I am taking ballet again and it is a WORKOUT! GO work out, and tell us how it is!! Smile

hugs
mariko

Follow Your Bliss
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 18, 2004 2:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Heidi! Thanks for the motivation and it really sounds like you are doing great! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
terryg

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: October 19, 2004 12:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Heidi,

This is what it's all about. We are free of the nicotine. Now on to other life improvements. Just as we committed ourselves completely to quiting, we can now commit to improving ourselves further, whether it be a change in our eating habbits, or our exercise routines, or whatever improves us. You can do it, you go girl.
Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: