quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reasons for quitting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 12:31 PM    Post subject: Reasons for quitting Reply with quote

Won't list them all and bore you.
I WANT TO QUIT SMOKING BECAUSE.......

1. My dad and brother died from lung cancer due to smoking.
2. My husband hates it that I smoke, so does my daughter and grandkids.
3. I have recently developed high blood pressure and take 2 meds. Also, starting to have other numerous health issues.
4. I become winded upon physical activity.
5. I will have money to own a horse.
6. It wastes so much time.
7. It turns my teeth brown.
8. You have to always find a place to do it when you're in a non-smoking environment.
9. You ruin to many things from burn holes.
10. FOR ME !!!!!!
LISA

Lisa
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 12:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure and keep a hard copy of this on a small card with you at all times. Reading this list is a good way to get through a craving.

Keep on keeping.

I wish you peace.

alison
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 12:38 PM    Post subject: Good ones! Reply with quote

Hey Lisa...did I just see you over at FFS? Those are some really great reasons for quitting...but remember, the last one should be the FIRST priority for you! You are the main reason for doing this, and you won't be sorry. As I was reading your list, i see that a lot of the things there will be affected almost as soon as you stop smoking! Keep that list close to hand, and when your quit date comes......have it ready to look at when you have a bad moment.

You keep going, lady....you can do this!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 1:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very good and valid reason's for a quit. You could add also. You will smell better no smoke smell , Fresher breath, no more ball and chain. Save lots of money. People will respect you more for your accomplishment. Those are just a few you could add to your list. And keep it close at hand

One week, four days, 2 hours, 10 minutes and 12 seconds. 443 cigarettes not smoked, saving $76.52. Life saved: 1 day, 12 hours, 55 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 1:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa:

Those are some great reasons for not smoking. As time passes, you'll realize so many more reasons and be surprised that you never noticed them before. Quitting, though difficult, really is FREEDOM. It's really easy to get hung up on how tough it is...sometimes we all need to remember that quitting smoking is the best thing we could do for ourselves. Most importantly, however, is that not smoking is a behavior you can be proud of and sets a great example for your family. And, you'll NEVER bore us with reasons NOT to smoke. So, by a means, list them all Wink

Rach
Three Years and counting
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 1:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Alison said, Lisa.. print it out and keep it with you! And imagine the lesson you're teaching your daughter by example... "life is a precious gift were fighting for."

You're gonna do AWESOME!

-Zuzu
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 10:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good list of reasons
As you think of new ones add them to your list. And as everyone has told you....keep that list close. I made 3x5 of my 5 most important reasons and have them all over the house and in my purse. I read them often. Even if I am not having a craving. I think I have them memorized. Any way all the lessons are good and necessary, but if you are like me you will use this one the most.
Keep working at that quit. YOu are doing a great job.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Vanessa

Quit Date:
March 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 9:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Finally, with courage in your heart and with God by your side, you take a stand, you take a deep breath, and you begin to design the life you want to live as best as you can. "

You CAN do this! You're ready!

Vanessa

Don't accept your current situation as a permanent station in life. You have the power to change. Strive for more.
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 12:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi calliemae,

I agree with Pamela on this one. Put number 10 in the number 1 slot. YOU are number one. YOU should be the number one reason for doing anything that improves you and your lifestyle. YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU!!! This is for YOU!!!

You go, girl!!!

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 12:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reasons and I agree with the others YOU should be #1 reason to quit. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Paul

Quit Date:
February 6, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 1:38 PM    Post subject: good 4 U Reply with quote

Great reasons Callie!

Keep working it.

You will be a quitter before you know it.

ri paul
77 nicotine free days
Suzanne

Quit Date:
March 28, 2003

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 7:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reasons to stop smoking...

1. I want to stop smoking and get well again. I'm tired of my lungs filled with mucus, my voice gone, my strength constantly sapped. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and trapped.

It has been months since my lungs felt full of anything but AIR! This was the first winter I did not lose my voice. I can sing in church again, teach my classes songs again (I teach Spanish and French), sing in the shower again... I have energy again and can work out at the Y whenever I want.

2. I want to stop smoking and smell good again. I want to kiss my children whenever I want, not just after brushing. I want to be comfortable in my car and home.

I can SMELL! I'm no longer ashamed of my home and car and clothes, no longer afraid of how I stink. I no longer pour on Chanel to try and mask the odor.

3. I want to stop smoking and save $1973.75 a year. I don't make enough money really to support this increasingly costly habit.

I took that money and put it into remodeling my kitchen. Sah-WEET!

4. I want to stop smoking and set a good example for my children and students. I just cancelled my trip with the 6th grade to the Treasures of the Czars because I was afraid I couldn't make it 8 hours without smoking. Unreal.

In a couple weeks I'm co-sponsoring a band trip to Worlds of Fun. My husband, also a quitter, will join me. Neither of us will worry about having cravings along the way. We may be tempted to strangle some highschoolers, but we won't be tempted to smoke. *grin*

5. I want to stop smoking and stop the progression of my smoker-face. The dry skin, deepening lines, yellowing teeth, blackening bags under the eyes... YUCK!

Ok, so I still have dark circles under my eyes, but I've had those all my life. LOL Laughing However, the dry patches on my elbows and knees are gone. My gums are pink and soft and have grown back up over the roots of my teeth where they belong. My dentist doesn't have to do root planing every year. The deep lines in my face have gone. I no longer worry about those smoker lines around my mouth. YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Suzanne H.
over 1 year breathin' easy

The urge will pass whether you smoke or not!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 11:19 AM    Post subject: quitting Reply with quote

Thanks Suzanne. it shows me what I have to look forward to when I quit. Quit date 1 week away and I'm getting more nevous beginning to think of reasons i don't need to quit,but I can quit for myself.
Lisa

Lisa
Lisaah

Quit Date:
May 2, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 6:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa,

This is Lisa. I am so glad I was able to get here. Today didn't go as well as I had planned but I am not giving up!

My reasons for quitting are:
1. For me. I am tired of feeling tired, stinking from the cigarettes, stinky house, clothes, car.
2. For my health. I want to be able to run with the grandsons (and future little ones) without feeling tired, short of breath, etc. My need to because I have Grave's Disease. I want to be able to breath deeply and run, have a good workout without having to stop to catch my breath.
3. Longer life: I want to be able to see them grow up and participate in their sporting events and all the life events.
4. I hate smoking! It's stupid, senseless, expensive and dangerous.

I'm here to support you and know that no matter how tough it gets, WE CAN DO IT!

I will check in here tomorrow to hopefully catch up with you.

Have a good day Lisa and to everyone in here!

Lisa

Lisa, Recovering Nicotine Addict
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 8:38 PM    Post subject: So Glad you made it ! Reply with quote

Lisa,
THis is Lisa. Just missed you ! So glad you made it here. YOu have great reasons for quitting. TOday was your quit day wasn't it? Were you able to make it ? I hope so. Yoy want to run with those grandkid. I know when mine are here they are 5 & 6 I get so so tired and winded from just trying to keep up with them. Mondays the day for me getting scared, but very determined. Still debating on whether to use patch or not. Tired of everything that smoking does to me. I'm learning to groom a horse as I want to own one. I can't even pick his 4 feet without stopping to catch my breath. Tired of all the time I am wasting as I can't smoke in the house so I either go in basement or outside. I smoke a pack a day and 5 minutes per cig that's almost 2hoursper day I'm smoking. That's disgusting.
We can quit ! for ouseelves

Lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: