quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Now I understand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 26, 2004 4:17 AM    Post subject: Now I understand Reply with quote

Hi All,

I just got through reading up on spousal abuse. It said when the spouse can no longer control their partner through mental abuse they will resort to physical abuse. That was why my husband threatened to hit me Saturday night when I stood up to him.

Oh, he's still doing the controlling thing too. Last night he told me not to worry about paying my bill at the clinic if they won't get after me. I told him my credit would be ruined and he shut up then. I told him I could not pay my bills because I had to pay for food to eat and that's what started the preceding conversation. I found proof tonight that he's been hiding income from me or lying about spending it. That made me madder as the devil but after reading on that website about spousal abuse, I think I will wait until I go to the clinic this Thursday to see my therapist. I think I will also call Legal Aid when I can. But whatever I do, I am not going to rattle his cage unless I have a better plan in hand.

Thank you everyone for all your support.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 26, 2004 5:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, it sounds like you are working on your plan and a woman with a plan is a wonderous thing to behold. Very Happy
Quote:
It said when the spouse can no longer control their partner through mental abuse they will resort to physical abuse. That was why my husband threatened to hit me Saturday night when I stood up to him.
Yes, and knowledge is power. Use this knowledge to keep yourself safe as you work towards your freedom. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 26, 2004 9:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,
Thanks for reading the material Londa sent to you and for listening. I can now quit taking the Pepto Bismol knowing that you are not going to end up in some hospital! Laughing Laughing It takes us time to get ourselves into these situations and it will take TIME to get yourself out. Just maybe, you have gotten one who can and will make the change...that will be up to those who know alot more than me. You take care of you and stay safe! Please know we are all just a click away if you need to vent...all we can do is send demon faces Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 26, 2004 10:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Barbara,

You've taken the first step to resolving huge problem. Please use all the help that is available. No one should be abused for any reason. When you need a shoulder (or shoulders) remember, we're all just a click away.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: October 26, 2004 11:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, I am so relieved that you have made this decision. I was very worried that pushing him could lead to horrible outcomes. One step at a time and keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel.
God Bless,
John

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: October 26, 2004 7:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, Just a note to say I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers. (((((( HUGS ))))))

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: