quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

member photos - courtesy of Rach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 24, 2004 12:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.. I hear you, Sandy. Ed smokes too. At least he doesn't smoke in the house anymore.. this is good.

I've merely been suggesting that he reads the early modules on FFS or take a look at some materials. He's not even ready to do that. I tell him, "I'm not suggesting that you quit, I'm just suggesting that you read..." He wonders what the point is of that if he's not going to quit....

So.. I figure bringing it up a good deal isn't going to accomplish much - it's not what I needed to motivate me to stop smoking.

-Zuzu
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: June 24, 2004 1:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The young man I am seeing smokes and I almost didn't go out with him because of it. I don't like the smell but he is courtious. Still I just want to cry when I hear him coughing in the morning. He is 26, what's he going to do when he is older? He is asking about quitting and suggested I nag but I told him I would not be anyones conscience. People have to want this and when they do they will quit, until then I keep my mouth shut unless he brings it up.

I will pray for you both though, can't hurt.

I wish you peace.

alison
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 24, 2004 1:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! Ouch! Alison stop.. you're hurting me! (grin)
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: June 24, 2004 8:13 PM    Post subject: Smoking partners Reply with quote

Maybe with us setting an example that it is possible to quit smoking our smoking partners will join the freedom fighters.

I hate it too Alison my smoking husband coughs bad in the morning. He forgot I am a quitter I think...he smokes in the house. I don't even care any more. I decided this is my quit, him smoking is a pain but I can live with it.

Can he?

Yeah...we need to keep all smokers in our prayers. It bothers me if I think about the hold the smoking demon has on us. We can't ever forget we're addicts and choose not to smoke.

You still want my smoking man Zuzu? Shocked

Eight months, one day, 3 hours, 12 minutes and 22 seconds. 11031 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,505.73. Life saved: 5 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, 15 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 24, 2004 9:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife smokes and is not close to even looking at quitting. The best that I can do at this point is to not appear like a sanctimonious ex-smoker. I try to not let it bother me, and once I got past the first couple of weeks it really doesn't even phase me anymore. Now it is just concern for her health.

Joshua

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 25, 2004 12:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can hold all smokers in my prayers.. there's just not enough room.

And.. to whom it may concern:

I NEVER said I wanted to take or steal Sandy's man. This simply is NOT in my character. Who'd ever suggest such a thing, why it's just plain mean spiritedness at work.

What I meant, or perhaps meant to infer, is that he is a hottie and that perhaps I'd borrow him, have my way with him and then cruelly toss him aside.

There's a difference you know.

-Zuzu
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: June 26, 2004 2:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Zuzu, Thank you so much for clearing that up. I was thinking we may never get to visit your home town after all.

Phew...I'll put it back on the list of places we plan to visit some day.

As long as there is no fear of losing him for good, I am in great relief. besides, "stealing?" not a good word. Very Happy

This photo album is awesome. Thank you all for letting us have a visual to place beside the name. I feel more personalble when writing now. (Alison) great new photo.

Have a wonderful smoke free life.

fightn4life

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 26, 2004 2:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

((ROFL!!)) Yes, yes.. borrow, never steal! Stealing is bad.
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: July 2, 2004 8:58 AM    Post subject: mindy Reply with quote

Hi Guys...

Just wanted to let you know that Carolbeth and a new pic of Mindy (a non blurry one Smile ) are up at webshots!

Rach
Three Years and counting
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: July 4, 2004 2:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I figured out how to post my family picture right here. I'll also email it so it can be posted with the others in one place.

That's me in the back surrounded by my 2 sons (18 & 26) and my wife. My mother-in-law is in front center, and that's my sister-in-law and my 2 nephews to the right.

I'm Italian and my wife and her family are Filipino. I consider myself 1/2 Filipino since I spent 9 years living there while in the USAF. I am 20 days quit, today, cold turkey and still going strong!

It was a great idea to post pictures to have a face to go with the names Smile
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 4, 2004 10:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Frankiet, what a great looking family! I bet you get great loompia too!! That is by far my favorite food.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: July 4, 2004 12:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iused to get good Loompia at the snack shop right by the hangar my squadron was in when I was in the Navy out in San Diego. It is much harder to find out here in South Dakota! When in the PI I had a great dish Balut (?sp?) that probably wouldn't go over here in the U.S.

Joshua

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 4, 2004 12:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful family Frankiet!!
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: July 4, 2004 12:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe.. My wife makes the best Lumpia hands down that I have ever tasted and I have tasted alot of different ones.

One of our favorite Filipino meals is Pancit Canton(angel hair rice noodles, stir fry with meat and veggies), Lumpia( like a spring roll, but uses a rice flour wrapper, very crispy fried), siopao (steamed dough rolls filled with meat, sweet sauce) and marinated pork barbecued on the bamboo skewers, just like in the PI.

Yummm.. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!!

The only thing missing would be some ice cold San Miguel beer and some balut! (fermented duck eggs) yuck! and pandesol (hot bread rolls) yumm!!

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 4, 2004 1:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankiet, do you do mail order?

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: