quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how to get started again?!?!?!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 8, 2005 11:44 AM    Post subject: how to get started again?!?!?!?!? Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Marcel, some of you may remember me from a couple months ago... I'm a 22 year old costarrican girl trying to quit! I was able to quit for almost 5 months! But I lost it... and although I have a cig every now and then I want to be a clean clean quitter for once and for all. There are some days I don't even remember cigs exist, but then there are other days when Laughing Demon kicks in and I have couple of them!

Before my first "quit" I used to smoke daily about 2 packs... and one day I decided it was getting out of hand! For sure. Now, after I started smoking again, I have the a couple per day. Some days none. Some other days I can have 5(if I go out). I never smoked in mornings again (I used to have the habbit to have a smoke for breakfast). Now, I don't crave a cig at 5 am... my first quit educated me somehow, so I haven't been smoking that much, but still I would love to be a non-smoker again! I was so great! Such a beautiful feeling!

I have to start preparing again. I don't want to stink. I don't want to be a smoker my whole life!!!!

Thank you for reading. I know coming here helps me incredibly!!! I look foward to quitting for good. Thank you.

Marcel Wink
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 8, 2005 12:48 PM    Post subject: welcome!!!!! Reply with quote

Cool i think its wonderful that someone so young can be soooooooooo smart Very Happy if you quit now you will not have the regrets that i do after smoking 30 years!!!! you can do this, you know you can, you just have to stop lying to yourself Very Happy its so peaceful without them, remember? peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: June 8, 2005 3:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel,

I recommend starting back at the beginning. If you have never been to the ALA website you may want to take a look at the program there http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.aspx?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=22542 if you have been through it then just take it one step at a time. Lots of folks find new and different ways of looking at the quit by retracing their steps. You missed something along the way and perhaps you will find the key to your permenent quit this time around.

What ever you do please know that we are all here for you. You can do this.

I wish you peace.

alison
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 8, 2005 7:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Marcel. How great to see you again and to learn that you still really want a quit that lasts. Honey, you can do this. I'm 68 and had smoked for over 45 years and now have been free for over a year. It's wonderful!

I know your life is much more hectic than mine right now but that's even a stronger reason to quit. You'll be surprised at how much less stress you'll feel as a non-smoker. I wouldn't have believed it had someone told me that but I was far more tense when smoking than I am now. Just stay as close to these boards as you can and kick Scowling Demon where it hurts. YOU CAN QUIT!!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: June 8, 2005 8:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jo, Marcel......I smoked 40 yrs. and there was so many habits to break.....You've quit for 5 months, so you know you can do it....Its staying quit that you have to learn.......Check out ffs and whyquit.com again........You just NEVER CAN HAVE ANOTHER CIG........Never......i know you can do this Marcel....Were here for you....gail Very Happy
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 8, 2005 10:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see you again, marcel! Smile

looks like blossom is ready to kick some Scowling Demon butt!

i agree with margaret: go through the freedom from smoking online program. it's open to anyone, and it works. i smoked for 35 years, and quit so many times i can't even count them all; i went through the ffs program in november of 2001 and haven't had a cigarette since.

you can do this, too, marcel. you know you can; you got through palmares, didn't you?

(btw: to margaret and all concerned: lungusa has a shorter address to get to the ffs online program site: it's http://www.ffsonline.org/ - you might want to make note of it.)

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit

Last edited by kevin on November 1, 2009 12:04 AM; edited 1 time in total
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 9, 2005 6:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Marcel!!!
Its great to see you here ready to kick Laughing Demon to the curb again. If you kept a quit diary you might want to see what you wrote about those first days and weeks. Or just go back and read some of your first posts here. You've been down this road before - and now you know what happens when you let smoking sneak back into your life - I'm glad you aren't back to your old level of smoking! Remember to come here and post when you can - and remember - you CAN quit. Take it one day at a time.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: June 9, 2005 7:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Back Marcel.

Glad to see you back, I know you can kick this addiction. We are all here to give you the support. So get to kicking ole Laughing Demon 's butt!!!
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: June 9, 2005 10:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel, welcome home. You are so young and have an advantage in that you have a whole lifetime of quit awaiting you.

First, the fact that you have quit for 5 months is strong evidence that you have the resolve to quit again, for good.

Second, the fact that you have not gone back to a pack a day is again strong evidence in the firmness of your resolve to quit.

Read, read and read some more about nicotine addiction and tales of the quit. You will see the light and it will be at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully, it will not be a freight train Smile

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
hereIgoAgain

Quit Date:
May 27, 2005

PostPosted: June 10, 2005 11:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,
if I can do it (about a zillion times) I know you can. They are right, start at the very beginning and treat this as an addiction. If you really want to be smoke-free, you can't have one every now and then.

good luck to us all.

K.I.T.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 11, 2005 1:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Marcel. Good to meet you. Actually, I think Kevin meant to say Alison (you did, didn't you Kevin?) because I am the real Margaret! Laughing

Now I have been there and done that, exactly what you are doing with getting down to a couple a day. I have bad news about that, you must stop completely or there will come a time when you build it back up. AT least it worked that way for me. Also, even 2 cigs a day will damage your lungs.

I really commend you for not putting that off, and for getting right back on the Quit. I felt like that, too. How could I get started again? Alison (whose secret other name is Margaret--just kidding Laughing ) is right, and Kevin, too. The best place to start for most of us was FFS. Use the link above and just start. When you do, post here, and keep posting a lot. THe key to my success was posting as well as doing the Modules!

I know you can do it!! I am 14 months now, and it is soooo great. Most of the time I don't even remember ever smoking! See you soon!

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: