quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Has anyone else had stomach pain?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2BFree

Quit Date:
October 3, 2005

PostPosted: October 31, 2004 4:44 PM    Post subject: Has anyone else had stomach pain? Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
Tomorrow is my new quit date and I am curious. In my past "stops" (4 months for one and weeks on the others) I have had bad stomach pains. I was wondering if anyone else had these symptoms. I had been to the doctor in the past and was told that it's not unusual and it will go away.

I would like to know if anyone has had this, what did you do to relieve it? I drink lots of water so that doesn't help.

Just getting prepared!

Colleen

One day at a time!!
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 31, 2004 4:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colleen, stomach pain perhaps related to gas? That is a very common and normal problem related to Quitting. I don't know why. If you have a dog, just blame the noxious fumes on him. Laughing It does go away. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 31, 2004 6:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are lucky, Colleen, they are more open about this now Laughing Laughing when I first quit, no one said a word about the gas and I thought I was going to float away likd a helium balloon or something...GAS-X and fibercon tablets help....but if you don't have a child or a dog you may want to check into one....or you could be like my daughter and she could care less...says it is a normal part of the daily routine Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 1, 2004 5:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

or maybe it's related to stress?
That can always do some funny things to you - and quitting is a stressful thing!
2BFree

Quit Date:
October 3, 2005

PostPosted: November 1, 2004 9:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive it is related to stress moreso than gas.

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions to relieve the discomfort?

Thanks
Colleen

One day at a time!!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: November 1, 2004 12:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stress can cause gas! Believe me. THe first month and a half I suffered with stomach pains caused by gas. I was almost tempted to go back to smoking. I DIDN'T! And I am pain free now. It is just your body detoxing. Don't forget your body is so use to you putting in all those toxic chemicals, it needs to learn on its own now. And you've already seen a doctor and he said it was usual. It's not comfortable, but it too shall pass!

Your doing good!

YOu keep up the good work!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: