quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

This is how I feel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 12:05 AM    Post subject: This is how I feel Reply with quote

I feel like just because I screwed up and smoked after my quit and quit agian, I post here and hardly anyone responds especially Kevin. I havent got any resposes from him on my post , maybe once sense I have returned, I feel like i am being punished. Is everyone mad at me? and not responding becaouse I messed up. When I first joined woofmang in my first quit, I got allot of resposes, now that I am here for the 2nd time I feel like everyone is abondening me. I will not smoke because of it, but I am ready to quit this site and move on . I am sorry if I am being over sensitive, and offending anyone, that is not my intention. I just feel like no one gives a hoot. Jeri
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 12:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sorry you feel that way, Jeri. speaking for myself, it's very difficult to keep up with over 300 members; i try to be as encouraging as i can to as many people as i can, but i'm only one person, and there are only so many hours in the day.

it seems as though other members are responding to your posts; i just looked and the last few threads you started had 8 to 10 responses, so i'm not sure why you feel like you're being ignored. i really don't believe anybody's abandoning you.

you say you feel like you need to leave, but i'd ask you to reconsider; your posts to other people are very encouraging, and i think you've been a positive asset to the group. why don't you think it over and see how you feel in a day or two?

the site will still be here, and you'll still be welcome.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 12:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri,
I can promise you that I do not know anyone on this site that holds a grudge and I should know! People pop on and interact when and where they can at the moment...no one intends to be rude or self rightous at all. I hope you will reconsider and stay with the site...I think it will benefit you as well as the rest of us. We are all sensitive in our early quits, lord knows I was but it is ok to state that you feel slighted.. did everyone hear that??? now people let's help Jeri feel at home....this is home you know... just post as often as you need and if you do not get the response you need then post it again in bigger letters Laughing Laughing ....your quit is just as important as the next person and don't ever think it is not...you are doing great, just relax and know we care.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 1:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you , I sent you both an email. Jeri
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 1:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeri, Don't feel that way. No one has singled you out for anything. Most everyone here has lost a quit at some point and no one finds fault with that. If they do I think they keep it to themselves. Know that so much about these boards are hit and miss as far as who is on to respond when. If you keep an eye on the front page of the boards you can tell who is on at any given time. Most aren't on for long and check what they can. Please don't get discouraged you are an integral woofmanglet at this point and we sure don't want to lose you!
John

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 4:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, I'm sorry your feelings are hurt. And it is true we are especially sensitive in the early days of our Quits. What always amazes me about posting on woofmang is even if only one or two people respond they always have something to say that helps. Usually exactly what I need to hear at that exact moment. It's not the quantity that counts, it's the quality. And another thought, sometimes what helped me the most was not even something that was posted to me, but to someone else.

There is an amazing group of people on this website that have helped me get Quit and stay Quit. I am glad you are a part of us.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 7:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, I am sorry if I haven't responded. I can never remember who I respond to. Senior moments I quess! Laughing I am usually getting on the computer real early in the morining at my office. I get real busy, I try to respond to people.
And to tell you the truth, NO ONE judges another here. We know we need each other. I have quit soooo many times and have gone back. I would never hold it against you or anyone else.

There are lots of posts that I read and enjoy so much. But I don't respond. That dosn't mean I don't care for that person or what they have said.

We love you dearly here. Here is a hug.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Everyone needs to feel loved and wanted.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 9:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Jeri - I'm sorry you feel that way. I enjoy your posts immensely as I responded to one of your other posts today - you inspire me to keep exercising and working at it. I look to you as my example for where I want to get to.

I hope you stick around.
Kris
Two months, four weeks, 8 hours, 12 minutes and 36 seconds. 1786 cigarettes not smoked, saving $357.37. Life saved: 6 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 11:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to every one, I am just a little sensitive lately and taking it out on my post, I feel better now, and know this is a great site with so many supporters. I just needed to get some frustrations out. Jeri
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 11:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri,
I am glad you feel better and hope this means you are staying with the rest of us nuts....hey we all have to vent sometime....you have a great day and holler if you need us. I guess I will have to run again sometime to day to get that lizard out!
Laughing
Kay

ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 12:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, I'm glad you are feeling better today. Please do not abandon us. We need all of our Quitters, new and old. Kay, can you please keep the lizard on a leash? Laughing Thanks. Really. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 1:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and that lizard kay, I laugh and laugh at you all the time Laughing Laughing Jeri
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 3:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the lizard definitely came out again today! I was walking the dogs and thought I wonder what that veiny looking stuff was above my knees...so I decided to run again! Yep, there it was looking like the lizard was trying to escape but could not find a way out. I have decided it is really not a run but a slow jog but hey at least I am moving. Anyways, I ran further today...alot further and almost got carried away. It wind was blowing and I felt like yelling I am free and running naked....but then I saw the golfers ooooooooooooh Embarassed so I just stayed quite...man what a bummer! Laughing

My son says it is loss of muscle mass but who knows...this old body has been through the mill Laughing Laughing
Kay

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 7:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri,

I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you when you felt bad. You didn't even mention to me when you are so nice in helping me. I am glad to know though that you feel better. I hope you have a nice weekend and I also hope to email you later. I'm glad you'll be sticking around now.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 7:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri,
It's hard for me to read alot of the posts also.....Some days I get on here and answer lots of posts and some days I only have time to read. We're all here for you!! You can PM me any time you want or need to. Nobody is here to punish anyone for messing up. We're all here for the same reason. I hope you feel differently now..... Wink

Hugs,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: