quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

stinking with the 2nd quit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 12:33 AM    Post subject: stinking with the 2nd quit Reply with quote

We always here about those who have quit for months or years, but what about those who have quit smoked and quit again. We are here and ready to make a life of it. I am here to tell everyone who is like me, who quit then smoked again that it can be done, and will be done. It may be a day a week a month or a year but we are here to stay. and want to be heard. Jeri
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 12:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri,
You are heard and you are doing it, yep you have quit...now that is shouting material....alot of us have had to quit more than once to get the job done...this is my first real quit...the others I always cheated which means I did not quit!
Rolling Eyes Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 5:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, this is my fourth or fifth Quit. I Quit each time I was pregnant and there was another time I Quit for eight or nine months and then relapsed. I have never conducted a poll, but from what I can tell, most here have had numerous attempts at Quitting before sticking one. I admire the ones who can stick with it their first Quit, I'm just not one of them. Once again, Jeri, it is not the quantity, it is the quality. Very Happy

The early days of a Quit are an emotional roller coaster ride. There were days I was incredibly happy followed closely by incredible sadness. I am sorry you are feeling unloved and unappreciated. I can assure you that is not the case. I am going to share my secret weapon with you. May I suggest chocolate cake? Really. I am serious. On the very worst days of my early Quit when everything that could possibly go wrong was going wrong and I was totally sad I would go to Bennigan's and have their chocolate black out cake. Sometimes I would split it with a friend and sometimes not. It is chocolate cake with warm chocolate frosting, vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup drizzled over the whole thing. I know, it makes you feel good just to read it's description. Can you imagine how much better you feel after eating it? Laughing

Practice some extreme self care Jeri. Take a walk, treat yourself to a Quit gift, take a long hot bubble bath, or forget the housework for the afternoon and curl up with a good book or magazine, and remember, eat cake. Hang in there. It will get better.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 9:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri wrote:
I am here to tell everyone who is like me, who quit then smoked again that it can be done, and will be done. It may be a day a week a month or a year but we are here to stay.

this is so true, Jeri! if we could only have one try at a quit, i'd still be smoking and hacking my lungs up every morning and finding it harder to breathe every day. my first attempt at quitting was probably 30 years ago, and i can't even count the number of times i've quit since then.

but i always went back. until this time.

there are no doubt lots of factors that have gone into my quitting/smoking history, but i know one thing for certain: you only lose this battle when you give up.

keep it going, Jeri; every successful quit started with the first day, and every successful quitter has to get through the first week, and the first month, and so on... and that's how you become one of those long-term quitters i like to talk about: by choosing life, just for today, one day at a time.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 9:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeri:
I quit counting how many times I quit and started again. It was too many and it depressed me thinking about it. Now I just look at those times as practice for the "real deal" Smile

One time I when I was much younger, I quit for 3 months and it was great - but let a break up with BF send me back to the cigs; then one year I did a quit smoking study at the University hospital here and was quit for about 6 weeks - until the end of the study and they took me off the Wellbutrin; then there were at least 2 times that I got a prescription for Wellbutrin and only stayed on it about 6 weeks because it was too expensive - and relapsed of course. And I would need at least two more hands and feet to count the number of times I tried Nicorette & Nicotine patches - lasting anywhere from one hour to 3 days. I can look back on it now and smile at how badly I must have wanted to quit! Smile

Jeri - I'm thankful that you are here because you inspire me with your commitment to exercise and being able to keep the weight off. Perhaps you can be my exercise mentor! Smile

Kris
Two months, four weeks, 7 hours, 59 minutes and 50 seconds. 1786 cigarettes not smoked, saving $357.33. Life saved: 6 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 11:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I read my posts this morning, I sound like such a brat! I feel good today, got out my frustrations. thanks to everyone. Love Jeri
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2004 12:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what Jeri, THANK GOODNESS for these message boards! Smile Gives us a safe place to vent and be in that icky place. Smile Sometimes we are feeling down and need someone to just listen, then to not judge us for that moment. I think that's how I see this place Smile I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Kris
Two months, four weeks, 10 hours, 31 minutes and 43 seconds. 1788 cigarettes not smoked, saving $357.75. Life saved: 6 days, 5 hours, 0 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 9, 2004 1:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Jeri,

I can totally relate to this post.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: November 9, 2004 9:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerii, Good for you! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 9, 2004 11:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you thought no one was listening,,,, Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes see, just post your feelings and we are here.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: November 9, 2004 5:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeri,

Yep, we're all here to "boost you up." You're doing great. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: