quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My wavier quit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chooverg

Quit Date:
June 10, 2004

PostPosted: November 11, 2004 9:28 PM    Post subject: My wavier quit Reply with quote

Someday I hope to feel great about quiting. Do you know what I wanted to do for my 5th month aniversary? I wanted to smoke. I wanted to smoke a cigarette and cry.
I just read Leen's post and she was just one day behind me with my quit. She stopped quitting? I think...why should I try. Somedays I am just so tired of the struggle. I want to run out and buy some cigarettes. I won't. I will not smoke not because I am sooo damn happy about not smoking. I won't because I remember my father with COPD and I don't want to do that.
I won't smoke because it will make my kids cry. I won't smoke because I don't want to be at my 5th month luna ever again. I pray that this feeling goes away. Because it makes me cry and it makes me feel so bad.
I didn't realize until this evening that what I am experiencing is a full fledged crave.
So, for now. I will not smoke. One day at a time.
Pray for me as I am praying for all of you.
Christina

I have seen flowers grow in stoney places
Kindness done by men with ugly faces
The worst horse won at the races
So, I trust too
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: November 11, 2004 9:50 PM    Post subject: chooverg Reply with quote

Confused

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here

Last edited by Melody on November 12, 2004 9:31 AM; edited 1 time in total
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: November 11, 2004 10:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you are not going to smoke. your feelings are real , and it can be emotional. I will pray for you. As far as leen goes, everyone is human , and lets not beat her up because she caved. We are here to support those who make mistakes, Not everyone has the same strngth in there quits. I caved in a month ago and am starting over. that doesn't make us bad , or not willing to start over. I am here for you and everyone else here regardless of what happens during ther quit. Jeri
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 11, 2004 10:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina,
I am sorry you feel so badly and I want you to know I feel your pain... in fact, I bet we all do. One day at a time, this is all we can ask for out of any of us.....just make it through today and worry about tomorrow when you wake up.

I try not to ever think about smoking as a pleasant thing, therefore, I do not grieve over the loss of it....For me, smoking was a choice I made and to not smoke was also MY CHOICE! I do not feel anyone made me do this, I did it all on my own, well the decision to quit was all on my own.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: November 12, 2004 5:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina, My heart goes out to you. You are having a really rough day. You have listed some wonderful reasons for never smoking again. What really struck me about your post was this statement:

Quote:
I didn't realize until this evening that what I am experiencing is a full fledged crave.

You have gotten to the point in your Quit where you have to stop and remind yourself that you are experiencing a crave. That is some pretty exciting news. Take some deep breaths. Try to get outside for a short walk. Take a bubble bath, and you know what's coming now. . . Laughing eat chocolate cake. My thoughts are with you today. You are doing an awesome job on this Quit! Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
chooverg

Quit Date:
June 10, 2004

PostPosted: November 12, 2004 8:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I ate the cake. I ate a candy bar and then one more. When I was done with that I found some great chocolate pretzels. I ate a couple of them. Well, had to go to the store and I found these great pecan swirls so I tried a couple of them.
I thought...oh my I better slow down so I had a cappicinno. It was great and then the crave went away. THANK GOD or I think I would of exposed and what a mess that would of been.
Christina

So, I trust too
chooverg

Quit Date:
June 10, 2004

PostPosted: November 12, 2004 8:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and one more thing. My never smoked husband told me my problem was I must be getting my period and it wasn't a crave....I had to laugh and told him that in his best interest....it would be best NOT to talk to me.
Christina

So, I trust too
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 12, 2004 9:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina~

So very, very glad you are ok!!!! Keep your quit and just keep rolling your eyes at your husband!

Thinking of you! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 12, 2004 10:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina, I am so proud of you for fighting off that crave, and resisting the urge to murder your otherwise (I'm sure!) sweet husband! Wink

As someone who has probably let you down recently, I can tell you that leen, myself, anyone who has slipped/relapsed wishes they had been as strong as you. You ROCK!

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: November 12, 2004 2:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina,

Sounds like you've mastered that darned crave. Just keep it going. You're doing a fantastic job.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: November 12, 2004 4:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina, your doing a great job!

One day at a time!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: November 14, 2004 1:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina, I am sorry that you are having a rough time and that you are not enjoying your freedom. Maybe try looking at all of the good that comes with quitting. Saved money (to buy more chocolate). Improved smell (to smell more chocolate). Improved taste (you guessed it...... to taste more chocolate). Last but not least greater lung capacity to run and work off the extra chocolate.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: November 18, 2004 10:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am too glad you are feeling better. A five month reward should not be smoking. Shocked

Hey if you really get the urge to kill a smoking husband...I have one you can bury...I mean borrow. Wink Other wise he can be sweet. (Yeah)

Hang in there...everyday it does get better.

Sandyz
been free for 393 days!

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
merry

Quit Date:
August 15, 2003

PostPosted: November 19, 2004 6:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina,
You are doing a great job of hanging in there.....one day at a time. I promise it will get better. You've come too far to give up now. You can do this. I never thought I would make it either and look at me at one year and three months! Just think about how far you've come.....those cravings are fewer and farther apart, right? And that will keep increasing so hang in there and you'll be fine.

Mary
Q/D: August 15, 2003
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: