quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HEY THERE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: November 15, 2004 9:32 PM    Post subject: HEY THERE! Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm back to some serious dieting. The mourning period for my smokes is over and it's time to get back on that horse. Has anyone been having any luck with this? I'd love to hear your diet and fitness stories. Thanks, Kerry
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 15, 2004 10:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry,
It's nice to see you! I hear you!!!!!! I need to really start a work out program full force also. I've been walking a little here and there and I have my Slim in 6 dvd series that I try to do, but then eventually I just stop doing it!!!! I get so frustrated with myself. I wanted so badly to be in shape by Christmas, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
Drinking lots of water has helped curb my appetite pretty well. I also take a multivitamin once daily.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 16, 2004 12:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kerry,
I do not have a diet...I love to eat and everything tastes so much better. I am trying to walk daily and exercise as often as I can. I think you should find a healthy nutritious diet and not a fad. I found in the past that leaving off the sweets, late night meals, sodas, and fried foods would start me off losing and from there it would slowly begin to drop.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 16, 2004 8:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey kerry,

i joined weight watchers its quite a battle, i think i'm winning, but its slow. my back door has always been my weight so at 8 months quit here i am not smoking and not gaining. get serious about weight control, but don't forget your not done fighting the most important battle yet.

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 16, 2004 9:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my formula: Calories in ~ Calories Out. That is completely age, height, desired weight, and amount of daily exercise dependent. I find "healthy juice" calories to be the most sneaky for me! Embarassed

I battled the weight issue before, so I knew roughly what to expect from my body when I quit smoking.

The one key factor I have found is portion control. I have to watch this all the time.

Hope you reach your personal goals! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: November 16, 2004 11:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

I, too, am having the weight battle. My cardiologist suggested watching fat intake. That's what I've been doing along with using a treadmill and it seems to be working a little. It's just soooooooooooo slow. If you find a better way, please share it with all of us.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: November 16, 2004 11:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do an hour a day of callenetics as well as about 1/2 hour of kicks on the heavy bag. By the way exercise is usually a routine with me. As for food it is simple if it taste to good to be true it is put it down. If it's ho hum you can have some of that. If it's totally disgusting you can eat all of that you want. Number 1 rule if it leaves a sheen to your lips and you hear yourself going ummmmm toss it in the trash as it will end up sticking to you like glue. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: November 17, 2004 12:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work out 3 days a week at a gym I do the bike for 30 minutes then the weights, I have a high metabolism, but afte I quit I gained a few pounds, i eat allot of fruits and veggys, and for snacks I eat soy crips, they are good, and only have 100 calories per 25 chips. I eat allot, but the working out keeps my weight in check. jeri
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 17, 2004 10:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html

I got this from someone else here. not sure if it works - but it certainly helps keep an eye on things and to keep an eye on your vitamins etc.

i'm just embarking on the healthy living and diet too..urgh Confused

Melody - an hour and a half of excercise every day?Like - EVERY DAY? I'm just about planning 2 hours a week....wow......
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: November 17, 2004 10:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I taught women's self defense classes for years although I gave that up a few years ago as I never have time with all the kids going hither and thither. I get up at 5:30 in the morning to do my callenetics and my kicks I take out on a tree while we wait for the school bus which is around 15 minutes in the morning and 15 in the afternoon. It's easy to find the time if the dedication is there. I always do everything in life at a full gallop hence why my youngest sister says my life in her opinion is TOTAL chaos and she couldn't live it. Laughing I figure I must love chaos as I seem to go out and look for it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hope::: The callenetics I do 7 days a week but the kicks are only 5 as on the weekends we are usually doing some form of yard work or once again running ragged with the kids. Laughing

Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 19, 2004 6:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this right Melody - you're waiting with your kids for the school bus, other mums standing quietly in their nice cardigans with handbags tucked under their arms, quiet as Mums should be.....and all the while you're kicking a tree??....is this normal?? hee hee!!!!!! Crazy woman! Wink
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: November 19, 2004 7:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: