quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Whats with the weight thing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 25, 2004 9:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mishka

I have gained back 7 pounds that I lost prior to my quit Sad Which was only a fraction of what I wanted/needed to lose. However, I think the exercise has helped me not gain any more than that. I am 38 and have discovered that I used to be able to drop the pounds in no time as well, when I was younger! Now - age and no nicotine, is making a bit more challenging for me.

However, I realize that I need to crank up the intensity and seriousness of my workouts(5 days/week instead of maybe a sporadic 3 days/week), watch my PORTION sizes, and watch WHAT I am eating....I was living off salt water taffy for awhile there! Embarassed

Since I hit my 3 month smokefree mark - and discovered that I need an inhaler for exercise induced asthma (which btw has made working out MUCH more fun! Amazing what breathing can do for your resolve!), I have been trying to work on the portions and watching what I eat.

The other day at work we had these HUGE, AWESOME, Cinnamon rolls (Drooling, just thinking about them! Shocked )! I looked at those things and said to myself "How many squats or how long would i have to keep up the aerobics to burn that baby off?" Boy was that a deterrant!! Laughing
Just don't let the weight thing be a backdoor for going back to smoking.

Kris
Three months, two weeks, three days, 7 hours, 16 minutes and 51 seconds. 1639 cigarettes not smoked, saving $328.03. Life saved: 5 days, 16 hours, 35 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: