quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Well shoot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 28, 2004 10:59 PM    Post subject: Well shoot! Reply with quote

Well shoot, I found a great little mare on the internet and let her get away!
I really need another decision maker around here Laughing Laughing hubby showed no interest at all Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This little mare 14.3 hands tall would have been alot easier for me to mount now that my legs are so heavy and full. She was trained in reining, western pleasure, cows, and trails. She was 10 years old and cheap! They said she worked off leg pressure or voice commands. You know, I bet she knew the word WHOA! She was kid broke Laughing Laughing , bombproof, and traffic safe! I do not want to get rid of my big guy but wanted this little mare to have fun on....barrels, pole bending etc... The big guy may do it but then we could end up in the next county Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Oh well, thanks for letting me be jabber jaws and kick myself in the rear at the same time. Crying or Very sad The bad part is I had the money myself to have bought her but never said " I SAID, I WANT THIS HORSE WHETHER I NEED IT OR NOT"
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 28, 2004 11:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you wouldn't've actually bought a horse off of the internet, would you? i mean, don't you have to look at their teeth, or kick the tires, or something?

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 29, 2004 12:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Oh no, I would have had to go to the farm and check her out....vet check, ride her.etc....I had a horse like they described for my first horse...rode her two years with my eyes shut when we went down steep grades Embarassed Embarassed
Kay

Jill-dec1

Quit Date:
December 1, 2003

PostPosted: November 29, 2004 2:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always disapointing when you miss out on a great deal. But I'm sure another horse will come along. It's nice to see someone interested in horses. I got my daughter a horse last April and I'm not sure it was the right decision. It seems lately she has lost interest. Its a battle to get her out to ride. I think she is frightened of him. He bucked her off a couple of months ago. Hopefully she will get her confidence back. He is such a sweety. We call him Laredo the potato.

Jill
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: November 29, 2004 7:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always Kay, I enjoy everything you post! Good Luck in finding the horse you want!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 29, 2004 9:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said:
"The bad part is I had the money myself to have bought her but never said "'I SAID, I WANT THIS HORSE WHETHER I NEED IT OR NOT' "

Because it is so daggone easy to see stuff in others....Kay, this is a recurring theme in your quit. You deserve a good, healthy and fun life. I have said it before, I am proud to "know" you. You are helping me see parts of myself that I have neglected as a smoker.

I know another great one will come along. Horses....they are making more of those everyday! Wink

Sending you good vibes! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 29, 2004 10:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,
My oldest daughter would adore you....she loves horses and unfortunately living in town, we cannot have one! (I finally got that through her head). She has a friend though who has a bunch of horses and she gets to go to her house and ride and she always has such stories to tell afterwards!!

Laughing
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 29, 2004 11:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hubby really knows me you see....I love HORSES and really want them all. Now, if I would ride them all like I love them, he would not have a problem Laughing Laughing ...that is why I keep searching for my perfect soul horsemate...looking at mares because maybe they have been a mother and have looked after their young Laughing Laughing

Laredo the Potato sounds like he is a sweety...but why did he buck her off...my daughter used to turn her toes into the flanks and make them buck! Me, I like all four on the floor thank you!
Kay

Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: December 1, 2004 2:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your so lucky to be around horses! I LOVE horses! I have to go to stables in NY to ride by the hour hehe. I always get an old grumpy horse named Black Dog hehe. At first I did not like him that much, and now i always request him! Laughing

Follow Your Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: