quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can not get off the floor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 1:14 AM    Post subject: Can not get off the floor Reply with quote

I am focusing on not getting bored, ( Trigger) Scowling Demon Thought I would kill two birds with one stone. Be busy and learn Yoga. Learning a new life style Wink
My daughter gave me a DVD, THE NEW METHOD, PRE & POST NATAL YOGA. (NO, I am not a new mother, just an old gmother) She thought it would be a good slow start for me....... The trouble is that once I am on the floor, I cannot get up, everything locks into place....... Embarassed
Anybody have any suggestions on what excersies this lady can do sitting in a chair Very Happy Very Happy

Pam
17 days, 1 hr., 13 min.,free of nicotine and that translates into 767 cigarettes not smoked, feeling free and healing
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 5:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pam, I came across a book recently entitled Stretching by Bob Anderson. It has a series of stretches, very similar to yoga, that can be done sitting in a chair. Also, if you had a set of lightweight dumbbells, (I started with 1lb and worked my way up to 5lbs) these could be utilized sitting in a chair. You would still need to add cardio and lower body, perhaps in the form of walking? I hope this helps.

btw: Congrats on your now 18 day Quit. You are doing a great job! Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 10:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tonya, I am going out today so I will look for the book Stretching. And hand weights, good idea Idea

My brain is a little slow, Wink but yes, walking is a good cardio workout.

Thank you , Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ,

Pam
17 days, 10 hr., 11 min, free of nicotine, and feeling GREAT!
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 14, 2004 10:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for something to do at home (this one you can't do in a chair though), I highly recommend 'Walk Away the Pounds' by Leslie Sansone. YOu can buy the dvd's at Walmart or any store like that. You can kind of set your own pace and it's fun too. I've never tried Yoga, but have wanted to....I am also interested in learning more about Pilates but I don't think my body can be that limber Rolling Eyes
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 15, 2004 10:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pam:
I have discovered that I need to take the exercise and physical stuff a bit more slowly than I used to - Surprised ! I was active in my younger years (almost 20 years younger!) -- it's amazing how that 20 year gap kind of slipped past me as I was attempting to do cardio at home, since it's too cold to ride my bike now - and I found muscles in my ankles, feet, legs, arms, back, thighs, etc... that I didn't know were even there!! Shocked Embarassed

Had to take a couple weeks off! So I've learned the hard way that I need to take it much more slowly and not expect too much too soon. (Something I've always had trouble with anyway - patience isn't my strong point)

But a little bit of stretching every day will help you get to where you can get off the floor. Even if you are just doing it from a chair. Smile You'll get there Pam Smile

Kris
Four months, one week, 8 hours, 9 minutes and 49 seconds. 2586 cigarettes not smoked, saving $517.53. Life saved: 1 week, 1 day, 23 hours, 30 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: December 16, 2004 12:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the good ideas.. ... Mindy, I have put the DVD on Santa's List ( good for Hubbie too). ..............Thanks Kris, you are right taking this slowly will accomplish more. I got some hand weights and the Book on stretching (santa list) Very Happy Very Happy
Now the excersies will begin day after Christmas as well as the new outlook on what food I put in my mouth.....This is so exciting Smile Smile ...focusing on a new life style helps to keep the quit. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 16, 2004 12:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam,

Think back to the ole school days and do some of the stretching we did in gym class.....hey if you are over 50 just getting out of bed is excerise right?
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: