quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Going Solo for now
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 4:46 PM    Post subject: Going Solo for now Reply with quote

Hi

I really was not sure which forum to post this under...I have been fighting the blues, blahs, meanies, tears etc all day. I don't have a clue as to what brought this on so fast... I was doing the shopping and decorating and the whamo....I could care less and have said so. I am not decorating the outside or do I want a tree.

This I am sure is temporary, but since my sense of humor has flown out the window, I will fly solo until this passes...you have never met a bigger B**** than me right now.....

I feel more depressed all of a sudden than having craves unless it is masking itself as the blues...all was going good so do not understand... unless there is some more smokescreen that is trying to clear ..maybe I am blocking what is on the other side??who knows...Maybe I am just tired of doing X'mas for 35 years by myself having to listen to Mr Scrooge about every little thing...nah, should be used to that by now Confused

I will catch up with all of you later...not in a smoking crisis don't worry.
Kay'

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 5:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ms Kay. I think you are probably dealing with the Grinch Who Stole Christmas right now. I run into this from time to time because there is always so much to do for the holidays and it seems like I am always the only one doing it. Now might be the time to give yourself a special treat. Practice some extreme self care. Get a pedicure, go shopping, take a long bubble bath, or buy that diamond and emerald ring you always wanted! Go ahead girlfriend, you so deserve it! Laughing I hope you are feeling better soon.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
ben

Quit Date:
August 8, 2004

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 5:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kay, I think a lot of us get depressed now and then, maybe from quitting. Christmas time probably makes it worse. Anyway, consider yourself hugged and smooched from me. Sometimes I think if you can just keep up the pretense of being fine that everything gets better soon. Good luck. Ben
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 5:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry kay you are going through the blues, it happens to manny of us, hand in there. Jeri Cool
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 6:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang tough, Kay!

I'm pulling for ya!

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 6:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told you a month ago to get cracking I've got it all wrapped. Kay when hubby asked what you spent on such and such put it on sale in your mind so the sale price comes out of your mouth. That way you aren't lying to the little dear. Laughing Laughing Laughing Christmas is my total favorite and I have a whole room called the Christmas room just for gifts and wrapping. My grandson and brother's kids call it the treasure room as they sneak in on occasions. I have an open house on Christmas Eve and I can count on anywhere from 55-75 dropping in. Can't wait. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 6:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, allow yourself some down time, Lord knows you deserve it. You are moving on to the six-month mark…the six curses remember.

I understand all about the Grinch. I spent the morning writing notes on the Christmas cards and going through photos to add them too. Chain smoking hubby slept. He has never been into the whole Christmas thing so it is always up to me or it ends up like last year. I took off and spent Christmas in Indy with my mom, sister and brother. This year I'll stay here as hubby just had surgery.

Cry if you need to, and move on. Do only what you feel like doing and let the rest go. I try so hard to remember the reason for the season. It helps during the down times. Plus I feel less alone.

You are one dynamic person...never forget that. Very Happy

Now…Cowgirl-up. Very Happy Shocked Confused Very Happy Wink

Sandyz

been free for 407 days!

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 10:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know we'll leave the light on...

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: December 2, 2004 11:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugs Kay!!!!!
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: December 3, 2004 12:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Grinch everyday of the year..........So I make the Mery....

Kay, give youself a hug and a smile, then take a long bubble bath,
My toughts are with you, Hang tough.

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 3, 2004 4:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to each and everyone of you for being there for me and I am sorry to put a damper on anyone's day. I do not feel as homicidal as I did Smile I guess I really need to work on that. Rolling Eyes ..but get so tired of the negativity that I have worked so hard to rid myself of. I have tried very hard to keep a better attitude about everything. It has really taken alot lately to bring me down...the smokescreen is allowing myself to be made to feel this way, inadequate and not appreciated...made to feel I should keep striving to be able to do it all and a failure if I should falter.

Melody, I started when you did and was down to the tree, outside (small stuff) and wrapping...Daughter is having X'mas at her house to make it easier on me...so I have been a crackin Laughing

Pam, Debbie, Alleghany, Ben and Jeri thanks so much for your kind words, hugs and smooches I really needed them.

Tonya, the ring sounds like something I may have to look into and Sandy thanks for the cowgirl up...the cry must have helped although I really HATE to do that.

Kevin, thanks for leaving the light on and for letting me know that the good lord did make a man that gets it (as Dr Phil would say).
Kay

bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 3, 2004 12:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugs to you Kay, I hope you are feeling better.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: December 3, 2004 12:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, Sounds like you are feeling better, but I would like to remind MOST of us that this Christmas and New Years will be VERY different for us and yes I have felt a bit depressed as you did... This is our very first Holiday season doing things without a cigarette in hand every minute of it, DAH no wonder we are depressed, we're missing "part" of our hand this year Exclamation It was the first thing I missed when I started to address the first card, no ashtray, no smoke circling around, etc. Just have to keep telling myself, "Ain't it GRAND!" And it truly is Very Happy

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

Essie
4/14/04
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 3, 2004 12:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barb and Essie it is better today..but then I woke up with the house quite...hubby went to work! I don't know why he says some of the things he does..but have to admit he is alot better than in his younger it is all about me days. The only person who puts herself number one on a list like his is his mother...just not my style guess opposites do attract!
Kay

Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: December 3, 2004 12:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

essie662 wrote:
This is our very first Holiday season doing things without a cigarette in hand every minute of it, DAH no wonder we are depressed, we're missing "part" of our hand this year Exclamation It was the first thing I missed when I started to address the first card, no ashtray, no smoke circling around, etc. Just have to keep telling myself, "Ain't it GRAND!" And it truly is Very Happy

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

Well I for one am not missing the ashes all over as I wrap my gifts nor the smell of smoke wrapped with care into each little gift nor the black streak of ash on my xmas cards nor anything about my old life for that matter. The new and improved me is quite capable of enjoying xmas and as for what to do with my free hand you just won't believe some of the options that popped to mind. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: