quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm Divorced Today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: December 10, 2004 12:15 AM    Post subject: I'm Divorced Today Reply with quote

Most of those hanging out on these boards don't much remember me and that is as it should be like the break up of any relationship the one we have with smoking will eventually become less and less a part of our daily existance. No one here may be interested in the details but the fact is I saw the end of my marriage in the beginning of my quit and for all I went through I have pride in two things.

1) I never lied or misrepresented anything in court, to my lawyer or even to my ex. I was fair and reasonable.

2) I never allowed my emotional strain to become an excuse to return to my addiction.

In the beginning I had the people att FFS and then those of us who moved here to hold my hand through the worst of it. As my life and quality of life has improved I have not leaned as much on the people here. I have moved on but I will always return from time to time to say thank you to Kevin for his sponsorship of so many wonderful quitters. To all those who showed me it could be done, those who quit with me, and all those who follow in my footsteps I say thank you.

It is the reality of the human struggle played out on these boards that has allowed me to see beyond my tiny little world and appreciate that life will always be hard but there is someone who will always have your best interests at heart. You must stand up for yourself and take care of yourself because everyone else is just tying to get through their own life and they don't have time to take care of you.

As my dear friend Sandi likes to say "You are the only YOU you have so take care of You!

Today I took back my name and my life and it only cost me $20,000 but I'm worth it.

I have purchased my freedom (good thing I quit smoking cause I got bills to pay.) Wink Very Happy

I wish you peace.

alison
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 10, 2004 1:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is a lot of money for a divorce...I thought the guy was the one who saw those type of figures Embarassed Embarassed anyway I am sorry you marriage ended in divorce but I am so proud of you for coming out of it a better person....and of course, a much stronger one.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: December 10, 2004 5:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Alison. Another aspect of Freedom. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: December 10, 2004 8:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I figured you've been quit 1 1/2 yrs.......WOW........gOOD JOB.... You sound like you've been through alot in the last year, but it also sounds like you've got your head on straight........Keep us posted as time goes on.............We care.....Gail Very Happy
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 10, 2004 9:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alison -
I'm glad you posted. I've seen your replies to other posts a few times and am always encouraged by them. I'm happy that you are free and in a sense, beginning a new life - one you've chosen Smile

Kris
Four months, two days, 7 hours, 11 minutes and 16 seconds. 2485 cigarettes not smoked, saving $497.36. Life saved: 1 week, 1 day, 15 hours, 5 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 10, 2004 10:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison,
Congratulations on being free on so many fronts! As I have said to you before, you are one of the reasons I am here. You showed me it could be done. Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 10, 2004 12:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison,
You've overcome so much and from this point forward I think you can overcome anything thrown at you. You're a true inspiration to all.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 10, 2004 1:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Alison,

Yes, I do remember you. Your posts were always well thought-out and interesting.

You sound so very content now. If that's true, it's well worth any cost. Keep that awesome quit going.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 10, 2004 10:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see you, Alison! glad to hear that things are still going well, and that you've maintained your freedom through all your trials (no pun intended Wink ).

and congratulations on adding another dimension to your freedom!

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: December 12, 2004 11:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison, good to see you. Glad it is over for you. You are as always such an inspiration. Through everything you stayed strong. Be happy you deserve it Very Happy !

Tammy
Free and loving it!
lbuz

Quit Date:
May 29, 2007

PostPosted: December 15, 2004 10:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alison, I'm glad your getting through it all. If your in the falls during the holiday I'll buy you a cup of coffee to celebrate the beginning of your new life.

Lisa

Lisa
Marie126

Quit Date:
January 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 27, 2005 3:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Allison, Congrats on your new life being free and the new you. What a great Christmas gift and a start to the new year. Wishing you the best and keep that quit going strong. Cool

Marie
Each day that passes being a non-smoker
is a victory day for yourself.
Be the conquerer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: