quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: December 20, 2004 11:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy...as hard as it is this time of year for many of us. Please try not to hate the holidays.

Remember the reason for the season. It does help.

Smoking won't.

Sandyz
13+months breathing free

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 21, 2004 10:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy ,
What I despise about the Christmas season is how everything is so commercialized, etc. Plus, I miss my mom more than anything at this time of year. I don't hate this time of year.....it's just really hard. I am finally all finished up with my shopping as of yesterday, so I'm feeling a bit less stressed and all that.
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: December 21, 2004 10:41 AM    Post subject: Mindy...sorry Reply with quote

Mindy my heart and prayers do go out to you for missing your mom.

Last night I almost came back here and deleted the message I left for you. At times, I feel like the pot calling the kettle black.

Of course your reasons for disliking this time of year are the all the commercialized stuff we deal with from October on. It almost seems if we do not meet the expectations of what the media shows us every day we are not doing enough to celebrate the season. Of course, this is always the giving of expensive gifts not of ones self.

I cannot imagine what my children would have felt if I told them when they were expecting Santa, we were all going to give thanks, nothing under the tree.

This time of year, I do feel the stress of what I want to do and what I am capable. The pressure is at times unbelievable. I do understand where you are coming from.

The sadness of missing those we have lost is extremely difficult during the holidays. It was years before I could shake the dark cloud that stayed with me after the sudden loss of my grandson. Still it is a difficult time for our family missing those that no longer sit with us.

This year is extremely hard as my son will not be around, my girls nor I can make a connection this Christmas and because of hubby being dependent on me for all his needs, my work schedule, not much preparation has made this place look like Christmas is on the horizon.

When I read your post, I felt what I was feeling coming through your message. I know there is nothing I can do but look upwards to help me through this time, I was so hoping you could feel better about it yourself.

Just know Mindy, I do understand what you are talking about. I too find myself wanting to race through the season. Each year I try harder to count blessings and be thankful for another day of life. Now that is a wonderful gift.

I pray I didn't hurt you by not posting enough to let you know I really do understand where you are coming from.

(Hey...you are almost at the big table...hold dear to that awesome quit. I allowed my saddness one year to leave a back door open and I started smoking on Christmas day, after a 5 months quit. Not this year!! )

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: