quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Here goes....For real this time
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 14, 2004 2:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great to check in every Monday! That way we can all give and get support as well as share hints and ideas. I'm seriously contemplating joining WW.....
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 14, 2004 2:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it!!! We can do this!!! I was at a party last night and I felt like I was growing as I was sitting in the chair!!!! Kerry
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 14, 2004 10:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,
This is such a bad time of year to even try to diet, but I so want to shed pounds and inches that I'll do anything........I want to start this weekend. I told my husband I'll just have to splurge on Christmas I guess........grrrrrrrrr........this is frustrating Rolling Eyes
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 15, 2004 6:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get my confession in before Monday. Today was a friend's birthday. I made a white chocolate cheesecake for her and a chocolate kahlua bundt cake. I drank damn near a bottle of wine last night when I was cooking. I should be Embarassed but I enjoyed it too much!

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 15, 2004 7:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta splurge every now and again Carla! I'd love a glass of wine about nows Very Happy
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 15, 2004 9:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not doing so well either right now but I figure that the holidays are over in a couple of weeks and at least we can keep eachother in check. I sure do wish I still could enjoy wine. I drink it from time to time but it just makes me think about smoking. Beer is actually my drink of choice and I've just about given that up for good. Oh well, this isn't about smoking. It's about weight loss and we can all do this. I'd like to meet everyone in the spring at half the size Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Kerry
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 15, 2004 9:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Kerry!!! I want to lose about 40 lbs by the spring gathering!
I am starting to do my workouts on Monday....although I'm sure I'll splurge as far as eating goes on a few occassions due to the holidays. Everyone does.......it's said that on average people gain 10 lbs over the holidays......I sure don't need those 10 though! Rolling Eyes
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 15, 2004 9:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need those 10 pounds either!!!! The thing that bugs me the most is that since I was a closet smoker, people obviously don't know that I quit. So last year, everyone was so proud of the weight that I lost and now I feel like so many people (family not friends) are wondering what the heck that diet was all about if I was just going to turn around and gain it all back. I really am embarrassed. I wish I could avoid everyone this season. Or at least not care like my husband. He's gained a bunch since his quit too. Oh well... Sad Kerry
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 15, 2004 9:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean Kerry.....None of my family knew I smoked besides my husband and one of my sisters......it's hard, but we can deal with it. Just like we quit smoking, we can lose weight. I think having a good support system will be very helpful just like it was for us when we were quitting smoking.
After Christmas, let's all give it all we got and we'll DO THIS!!!!
Hugs,
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 15, 2004 9:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Mindy. Can't think of a better support group. The problem with other weight loss web sites is that most of them just have food issues and I've found it hard to find people who have gained weight due to smoking. Believe me, unlike most of those people I'd choose tobacco over food anyday! Laughing Laughing Laughing That is why I think that this is the best starting point. We all know that we're struggling with our weight but not because of a food addiction. Talk soon.....
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 15, 2004 10:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one thing........Once I am ONE YEAR ( Laughing ) quit.........I don't have any more excuses any more!!! I need to start my new goal, which is to remain smoke free and start to feel better about myself, and that means shedding some inches and pounds!

Good luck to us all!

Hugs,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: