quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reporting In
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 7:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just got back from working out. I am soooo determined to look decent this summer. Can't wait to meet some of you. Mindy if you ever have WW questions please feel free to email. I'm weighing in this Friday. YIKES!!!!!! Laughing Kerry
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 10:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,
I second that about wanting to look good this summer! Wink
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 10:43 PM    Post subject: need to motivate Reply with quote

ok I did portion control today and no sugar. I told myself I would exercise, but I didn't do it. Have to figure out how to get moving. I am tired of clothes not fitting.
Lisa

Lisa
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 11:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see today i did well with no snacks between meals. I thought I was going to cave this afternoon. At work we still have boxes of chocolate (grrrrrrr) but I walked past them and didn't cheat.

I did my Gazelle for a 1/2 hour this evening, and played table tennis with my son . ( yikes i think I lack hand eye coordination)

I don't know if this will help anyone . But it does me. Its a free website where you can keep track of what you eat in a day. www.fitday.com
It helps me when I write down what I all eat in a day. So the next day I can see some of my weaknesses, or I can just cringe and go Ohh my god I ate all that!!! Sometimes it just opens my eyes.

Thanks for starting this tread

Deb
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 12:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was the first day of my diet. Went and bought myself a new elliptical machine like the one I used at the gym. I just can't find time with studying, school, kids, husband, housework, etc to make it to the gym on a regular basis. So I just invested in a home model of my favorite machine. I ate healthy foods all day and stayed completely on plan. I drank all the water I was supposed too and spent quite a bit of time in the ladies room! Confused If I can just keep away from chocolate I will be fine. Wink

I am not going to weigh for at least a week or more. In the past I have weighed myself far too much and get so discouraged when I don't see major results. So this time I am just going to eat right and exerice and see if I can't fit into something I own that does not have an elastic waistband. Rolling Eyes

My dear grandmother who is well into her 80's mentioned today that I was getting fat. I would have cried had anyone else said that to me. Funny what grandma's can get away with. Very Happy Until next time......

Tonya
1 year tomorrow!!!!!!
(I'm a little happy about that!)

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 1:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, just wanted to give a little encouragement and all, I hope it helps. Although the weight-loss has been important to me, quitting smoking remained my top priority, and still is. To answer your question Kerry, I do think of smoking but not often, it is like a fleeting thought easily handled. But having said that and even after all this time I will always be aware that Nic (otine) can rear it's ugly head any time and I must be prepared. I am an addict pure and simple, but it's gotten so much easier, if it didn't I wouldn't have made it.

Hang in there it really does get better.

Pam Very Happy
chooverg

Quit Date:
June 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 10:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Debbie for the link I will try it. I keep trying to lose weight but by the end of the day...I say...the heck with it and eat until I sleep. I have gained 30 pounds since I quit smoking and now I am the proud owner of a double chin....YUCK!
I don't know what to do. I am a member of a gym but I go for a couple of days then think...how totally boring and I can't even make myself go for the rest of the week.
I think that I use food like cigarettes and it is beginning to make me nervous. I don't think that my body can take any more weight. I was heavy in the first place now I am just WAY fat. I am not insulting myself just stating the facts.
I think that I will just start writing down what I eat and see if that helps.
Christina

I have seen flowers grow in stoney places
Kindness done by men with ugly faces
The worst horse won at the races
So, I trust too

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 5, 2005 1:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christina and everyone,

When I started my weight-loss program, as far as exercise I started with stuff I liked and enjoyed doing. I know for some any sort of exercise is boring and not enjoyable, but I think that just getting moving doing anything getting more and more activity in each day helps, parking far from the door is something I do and it's become a habit. Walking to the store for bread and milk instead of driving. Walking on your break at work. Pick up some exercise tapes, or a pilates ball. If you like sports, swim, play tennis. Do stuff you enjoy. Go bowling! I love to hike and play tennis so that was good for me. I didn't start doing the gym thing until the weather started getting colder, but now I do, it's also a racket club, so I can always find someone to play racketball, I joined a tennis league. And it all started with walking around the block, it grew from there, I am jogging now. I hadn't picked up a tennis racket in 25years and I weighed over 200 pounds and I'm 55yrs old. I did it I know you can! Hang in there with it, little steps at first.

Pam
Jill-dec1

Quit Date:
December 1, 2003

PostPosted: January 9, 2005 5:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carla and Everyone,

I would like to join in with all you on this life style improvement I don't like calling it a diet. Tomorrow will be my first day. I have my meal and exercise planned.

Before Thanksgiving I was working out at the gym three times a week. I felt so much better. Wasn't losing weight but it sure made a difference in attitude. Now I'll work on both.

Thanks for getting this post going.

Jill

Serenity isn't freedom from the storm;

it is peace within the storm...
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: January 10, 2005 8:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I did pretty well on my goals last week. I eliminated sugar four out of seven days and tried to eat really healthy. No fried foods this week at all (oops, except that bacon on Friday Laughing .) I ran/walked an hour on Monday, and an hour and fifteen minutes on Friday and Saturday. I walked stairs for fifteen minutes on Wednesday & Thursday. I'm down three pounds this week from the five I gained during the holidays. Goal for this next week, more of the same. Keep working on that sugar thing, eat healthy (as much as possible Laughing ) try to sustain the same amount of exercise and lose that last two pounds.

Okay, I confessed all. Who's next?

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 10, 2005 10:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm next. Tonya, sounds like you had a great week. I did great on the cardio. I got in at least an hour, sometimes a little more, Monday through Saturday. Sunday was my rest day. I've eliminated the sugar that had crept back into my diet. One of my goals was only one glass of wine a day. I blew that on Friday. I sat at a bar and played video games and had three glasses. I need to learn how to play the games and drink a diet coke - the same way I had to learn how to be in a bar and not smoke. My goals this week are the same.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 10, 2005 9:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, gang, my week stunk!!! Embarassed I thought I was doing pretty well but obviously not. The scale doesn't lie, or does it?

OK, I'm getting down to serious business now. Treadmill every day this week -- now doesn't that sound like great fun? No between meal snacking except for grapes or other fruits. I defy this newly healthy body of mine not to shed a few pounds on that regimine.

Good luck, all. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: January 10, 2005 10:14 PM    Post subject: Must get moving Reply with quote

Okay- My week was not good either. Did better on my eating, but didn't exercise once. Will try again this week. What does it take to get moving?

Lisa
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: January 10, 2005 10:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa

You put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking out the door. Laughing Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 10, 2005 10:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first week went great. I worked out everyday, ate all kinds of rabbit food and lost 6 pounds. Oh yeah, I drank enough water to float myself too! Shocked

I know that I won't loose like this every week and should level off to about 2 pounds a week herafter, but I always love that first week when you loose all the water weight! Laughing

I haven't worked out today, but have had 2 sick kids and a house that needs some serious work since my classes start up again next Tuesday. Fun fun fun!

Hugs!
Tonya

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: