quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dare I get my hopes up????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: December 21, 2004 8:53 AM    Post subject: Dare I get my hopes up???? Reply with quote

This will be the fourth winter that I have owned my Jeep. I picked her up at the dealership on December 8, 2000. In the three previous winters, we have had unusually few snows, even for this part of the country, where it never snows much.

Around here, the typical snow is only an inch or two, and even those are usually limited to two or three for the whole winter. Sometimes, we get a four or five inch snow, but it can be two or three years or more between snows like that. And, ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, we can get a real nice BIG snow, like 8" or more. Now, it can be seven or eight years between snows like that.

They are predicting five to nine inch snow accumulation starting after midnight tonight and ending tomorrow night. I have seen them predict a real nice snow many times, but then it turned out to be nothing at all or just a tiny amount.

So, I'm afraid to get too excited. But, it would sure be nice to have a HUGE snow to play in with my Jeep!

Yeeeeeeeeehawwwwwww!!!!!!!

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: December 21, 2004 8:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, I'm rootin for you too! I love a good ole snow storm just as long as everyone is safe. I remember in 1993. WOW what a storm!

Of course I may work for a school, and alot of people think I wouldn't have to show up if school was closed. BUt I do. But it can be fun. I wear jeans, and just take my time coming to work. And of course I drive my reliable Jeep Wrangler, Homer.

Hope you get your snow! And HAVE FUN!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: December 21, 2004 10:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom, if it misses you come on over to the mountains in Ark...we are under a winter storm warning. You can even drive your jeep all over our property.

Just watch out for the B LU F SS...

I hope you get your snow. Very Happy (and ours)

Sandyz
One year, one month, four weeks, 52 minutes and 59 seconds. 19126 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,611.04. Life saved: 9 weeks, 3 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 21, 2004 11:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, snow is my favourite, favourite thing so I hope you get TONS of it. I've been feeling jipped over the last few years 'cause Chicago hasn't been getting what it used to. Keep dreaming of that White Christmas! Kerry
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 21, 2004 1:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, I also love snow. However, I love it most when all my loved ones are safely home. Just watching those beautiful flakes fall to the ground is awe inspiring.

I'm hoping you get that 8 to 10 inches so you can go out and play. Please, please be careful, though. We wouldn't want you in the hospital with broken bones. And, just think about the damage you could do to your beloved Jeep. Rolling Eyes

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: December 21, 2004 6:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 70 degrees here today, but they are predicting snow for tomorrow. That means four flakes, not inches. Really! Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 21, 2004 11:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Enjoy the snow....I just checked our weather report. We are to receive up to 10" from late tonight through Thursday morning! Wow.....it'll be fun shopping tomorrow. I'll leave early to get it done. Then I'll be home watching the wonderful white flakes fall. Have a blast with Thelma Jane. Stay warm and dry! Get your coffee and hot chocolate ready! Very Happy

Smiles,
Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 22, 2004 12:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tom since you want the white stuff, I hope you get it...I would not mind the kind that is more dry....these people here can't drive if the pavement is wet much less with snow on the roads....everything shuts down......no one is used to it...so the roads get closed.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: December 22, 2004 8:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRAP!

The best snow is going to go north of us, over on the other side of the Ohio river! People in southern IN and southern IL will get LOTS of snow. Sad

That's the way it goes around here. We often have good snows to the south of us when we get very little accumulation, and we often see those to the north of us by only 50 miles get much more snow than we do.

Gonna have to move, I guess.

We still have a chance, they say, of getting a few inches, but they are saying there may be as much as 12" of snow not all that far north of us.

Some people have all the luck.

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 22, 2004 11:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly trade places with anyone who lives where it NEVER snows. Although we don't usually get an abundance, we got enough this morning to make the roads slick and basically ruin my day. Waaaaa! LOL Unlike you Tom, I have no desire to "play" in the snow. I would much rather mud bog! LOL

Hugs!
Tonya
11M +

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 22, 2004 4:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ya Tom. I'm so jealous of all of those people from Indiania. Maybe I need to move up north too. Kerry
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 22, 2004 9:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Tom. Take a few days off and take Thelma Jane up north. Have a ball.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: December 22, 2004 9:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEDNESDAY OVERNIGHT THURSDAY MORNING THURSDAY AFTERNOON THURSDAY EVENING

TEMPERATURE -5°C -3°C -2°C -7°C
CONDITION Snow Snow Light snow A few flurries
P.O.P. 100% 100% 90% 40%
FEELS LIKE - -11°C -10°C -17°C
WIND NE 10 km/h NE 35 km/h N 45 km/h NW 45 km/h
HUMIDITY 84% 92% 100% 82%
SNOW 5-10 cm 15-25 cm

This is my life and by the way Tom I have miles of lake in front of me not that I'd send you on it yet as it was steaming just the other day as the water was warmer than the air. It looks froze but then thats what kills a scad of people each year. Another week or 2 and I'll be on it with my 4 wheeler a favorite pass time around here.

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 23, 2004 1:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody you are lucky. It's always cold here but just not enough snow over the last few years. We've gone from many blizzards a year to just a few. I'll need to hit Canada someday. Kerry
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: December 23, 2004 3:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we got a decent snow, but the folks north of us REALLY got a good one! We probably had about 8" here, but it has drifted, so there are places that the ground is barely covered and others almost up to my knees.

Here's an idea of how deep it was. This is a picture of the tracks I made getting Thelma Jane out of the garage and pulling her back in there later.

Here's a pic of old Ross Allen out in the snow. He is supported by a layer of ice under the snow as he lies there, but when he was up walking around, about every other step, his back legs would break through that layer of ice. He really didn't like that much.

Debs, I think you have told me before, but I have forgotten. Whereabouts in Indiana are you? I think I told you that I grew up in Hammond. How much snow did you get where you live?

Tom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: