quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dare I get my hopes up????
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 23, 2004 6:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

OH YEAH, WE GOT SNOW!!!! I live in east central Indiana towards the Ohio line. Northeast of Indianapolis. In my area, we got the most snow. Muncie, the city west of us got 10.5". But we received a bit more. I'd say at least 12". Southern Indiana there are reports of 2 feet of snow, and I heard a unconfirmed report of 3 feet just north of Louisville, KY. Yesterday, we were busting our butts to get to town, finish the Christmas shopping and lay in food and groceries before the snow hit. I live in the country, so it's always harder to get around in the snow than in town. I let our schnauzer out this morning from the backdoor. The front door, where his leash is, was drifted shut by about a 3 foot drift on the front porch. Once out the backdoor, he sunk to his nose when he hit the snow. Shocked That was a hilarious sight. Laughing Then bounced like a deer through the snow and drifts. When he finally returned home, he was totally covered with snow caked on his fur head to toe. Daughter had to give him a bath to thaw him out. The kids took to the chore of snow shoveling. There are mountains of snow everywhere Very Happy At least the drive is plowed and shoveled out and a snowplow did come down our road earlier. The road still isn't the greatest, but we'll be able to get about. Tonight and the next couple of days we are going to have subzero temps. It's forecasted -10 for Christmas morning. BRRRR... I've been enjoying the day. Getting ready for Christmas Eve at mom's and Christmas Day here. Tom, 8" isn't too bad. You can still go out and play!!!! We can really ask the question....."GOT SNOW" (You know the GOT MILK commericals)

So, Tom go have a blast in the snow....wheee....!!!!

Snowbound,
Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: December 23, 2004 6:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs:

Forgot to mention that this county and many others around here are in "states of emergency," and no one is supposed to be on the roads without good reason. Only people in essential services are supposed to be out and about.

Wish we had gotten the two feet that they got a little north of us, but I guess I shouldn't be greedy.

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 23, 2004 7:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, Ross Allen looks about as happy with the snow as I am! Laughing It is still snowing here in the Texas Panhandle with no signs of stopping anytime soon. I have been stuck in the house for the past 2 days with a sick toddler and let me tell ya...I am ready to go throw some snowballs! Mad I wouldn't be so upset about all the snow, except Santa is bringing my baby a new Barbie Tune's Jeep and I don't think she will be able to ride it if the snow doesn't let up and melt really fast. My house is beyond small and there is no chance of her riding it in here. Confused Love the pics! Thanks for sharing!

Tonya
11M+

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 23, 2004 8:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the neat pictures. Looks like you had fun.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 23, 2004 10:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics sure were nice to see, Tom thanks for helping with the white Christmas...no flakes at all in Ala...just very cold it is 25 here now.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2004 10:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Yep, we're under snow emergency here too. We travel the backroads to mom's. So, later on we'll sneak our way over there. The wind has been blowing, so there are bound to be drifts across the roads. We haven't seen a plow since early yesterday. But that's ok. We'll just bundle up and headout. It's fun barrelling through the drifts. Very Happy Wheee.... Shocked Ops..got to back up and try again...ok, more rev....wheee, RRRrRRR...whee.. Very Happy Can you tell I like to play in the snow too.

Have a VERY MERRY AND FUN FILLED CHRISTMAS!!!!
Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: December 24, 2004 10:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pic that gives a better idea of how deep the snow is, but the picture turned out dark. The snow "fooled" the light meter. I know how to compensate for snow with a regular 35 MM camera, but not on my digi.

Oh well, here it is...

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2004 10:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Enjoy the pics!! Wish I had a digital camera to share the snow with you. Very Happy

What's going to be real fun is when we try to get our rig out of the drive. Not just the tractor, but trailer too. This should be interesting.

Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: December 24, 2004 10:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, cool! Look what you can do with photo editing software! I was able to brighten that pic real nicely!

tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: December 24, 2004 11:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs:

Rig? Tractor? Trailer?

Are you and hubby a truck driving team? That would be SO awesome! Are ya?

Tom

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2004 1:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're owner/operators. I own, he operates. hehehe Very Happy We both own, but he's the only one that operates the rig. I can drive her, but not legally. I don't hold a CDL. I take care of the paperwork end of it. I go with him occasionally. Like to Florida to see Tammy!!! OH yeah... Very Happy So the rig is buried in snow. It'll take everyone of us (all 6 of us) out there shoveling to dig her out. Hubby has been singing...."I'm dreaming of a palm tree Christmas." He's a Florida boy married to a Indiana girl. He likes to play in the snow, but hates the cold.

Well, going to Mom's in a couple of hours. So, we'll see first hand what the roads are like.

Sleigh bell ring are you listening?....
Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 24, 2004 8:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics are really neat Tom, wish I had a camera to share pics with ya.

Deb, you be careful in all that snow.....don't want to be missing you until spring.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: