quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am thankful are you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 1:24 AM    Post subject: I am thankful are you? Reply with quote

I go to see my pulmonary doctor tomorrow. It will be my first visit as a non smoker.....he will be so proud since he had to give me the bad news on both my parents. He will tell me how great I look and I will tell him he must like fat women...it will be a fun visit!

I am thankful I am here...thankful I am alive ...thankful for good friends...thankful for woofmang..thankful for food and shelter...thankful to be smokefree and thankful for jogging pants that stretch! Laughing

This is a new year and I want to be aware of all the blessings that have been staring me in the face...I want to experience the sunrise and sunset, the cool mist on my face, the gentle breeze in the afternoon, the laughter of my grandchildren, the health and happiness of my children, the steadiness of my husband, the warmth of the fire, the kisses from the dogs and the nudges from the horses....I want to experience life for the first time!!!! Really experience it without having to stop and smoke, look for the damn lighter, cough and choke until I was so red faced someone wanted to call 911....I want to live so therefore I will not smoke....I also want to get out of this old woman's body...I am too young to be trapped in here!!!!
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 6:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Ms. Kay, I am thankful. Sometimes life gets us down and we forget to count our blessings. Thank you for reminding me to be thankful. May I add some of my own? How about the scent of coffee brewing in the morning, antique petunias blooming on the front porch, homemade bread baking in the oven and that sweet scent of my grandson when he lays his head on my shoulder. I am thankful for the ability to jog, which I found after my Quit and the absolute stunning beauty of the place I run where I am finding my way to other blessings as well. I am also very thankful for Quit buddies and kindred spirits who have kept me Quit, kept me sane, made me laugh, shown me love and helped guide me, or push me (as needed) along the way. The blessings of the New Year to you and yours!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 1:19 PM    Post subject: Blessed... Reply with quote

I will add the one I feel at this moment.

I am so blessed to have so many prayers and encouraging words when life felt unbearable.

I was able to pick myself up, get rid of the baggage I have no control over, and keep going. (I still need a vacation)

Wink

Sandyz
Lord knows this is amazing that I have been nicotine free for One year, two months, one week, four days, 3 hours, 18 minutes and 15 seconds. 19716 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,691.52. Life saved: 9 weeks, 5 days, 11 hours, 0 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 8:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, you're so right. We do have a lot to be thankful for even during the most stressful times of life. We should always take the time to look for the good and one good is NOT SMOKING!

Like you, I'm VERY thankful for stretch jeans. How miserable we'd be without them.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 9:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thankful for my mother and my sister. I don't "talk" about them much here, but they truly are wonderful women.

As for a "thing" I am grateful for....this morning I wish I could hug whoever invented the modern coffee maker. Mmmmmm.....

Have a great day everyone and thanks for starting this thread, Cowgirl Up!

Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
ggarrison19

Quit Date:
October 12, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 9:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're here. How can you not be thankful?
I could not have made it this far without web sites like this one. There is no way so many needing people could find and support each other without them.
I am thankful for the ALA FFS site.
I am thankful for this site because it is easier to find what I am looking for.
I am thankful for instant messaging which saved a very good friend of mine from stepping off the path this past weekend.
I am thankful for my wife, my children, my dog, my cat. Without them I am worthless.

OK... Onto a very great 2005.
Gary

SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 5, 2005 10:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Kay Smile

I'm thankful that I can experience all of these things now that I no longer am hiding behing a smokescreen Smile

Kris
Four months, four weeks, 8 hours, 13 minutes and 51 seconds. 3006 cigarettes not smoked, saving $601.54. Life saved: 1 week, 3 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: