quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need some tough love I think
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 12:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh Lynn,

Keep Hugging your kids. Don't open another pack of cigs. Hug the kids some more!!! You know the routine hon, drink the water, deep breaths, keep busy!! Then hug the kids again!!! You will succeed I know you can do it, YOU know you can do it!!!

Hugs Deb

P.S. Don't forget to hug the kids!!! Smile
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 12:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn, I am late as usual. I read all of this thread and as I was reading your last post I said to myself ahhhhhh now thats my girl. You can do this. You have done this. Sounds to me like you are back on track. I will add that I love you a lot and I am going to be praying for you and your family.
(((((HUGS)))))

Tammy
Free and loving it!
JamesP

Quit Date:
November 3, 2003

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 2:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lynn,

Just do it.
Laughing Demon

PS - how's that?

James

Enjoy your quit -- it's the last one you'll ever have!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 8:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Just for today, SAY NO!!!!

You got lots of support from everyone. They have given you great advice and love!

May God Bless You today as you start your new quit and your new life.

YOu've made a great choice.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 11:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I thought I wrote to you...I am so sorry to be this late....You are a strong woman and a mother....you have already been to hell and back several times....some you smoked and some you did not....which trip was better?

You can do this Lynn, you have thought it through already....you understand that you cannot change this man but you do not have to let him bring you down either....talk with those at AA but I would think a talk to hubby when he is sober that tells him what you will and will not stand for in your marriage and with your children....then stand by it! I do know from a guy who used to work for us that ENABLING is the worst thing the wife can do......

You are a young attractive woman who deserves to be happy....help him all you can but please live your own life with your children...if you have to leave him out of things then so be it until he seeks help.
Written with your best interest at heart and with love,
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 1:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I'm doing it! Wink

Exercise this morning? Check!
Good breakfast? Check!
48 oz water already? Check!
Hair cut? Check!
Shopping? Nope. Wink But only because I'm exhausted (how much I dread this sleepiness again, however temporary) and I'll save it for another day.

Tons of things to keep me busy today (when I'm awake) and plans to check in here later. I have a ton of PMs to catch up on, so please don't think I've missed them, I just haven't had time to answer them.

Thanks so much for your continuing support. I don't want to ever have to go through this AGAIN so this quit has got to be for keeps. Now, off for a light snack and some lounging around like a bum Wink

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 4:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW THAT IS OUR GIRL...GOOD ATTITUDE AND KNOWS SHE CAN DO THIS
KAY

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 5:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn, sorry I didn't see this sooner. We're all here if you need us. Just keep posting and pm me anytime. Kerry
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 5:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn, I'm sorry for the late reply but I just had to tell you that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will say a prayer to the Sto. Nino on your behalf. It is the winter Sinulog on Jan 16th as our Filipino parish celebrates the winter feast of the christ child. May peace be with you!

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
marcel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 5:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lynn, I read your message directed to me, before I read this post.... thank you for the support you gave me... now, I hope I can help you out too... be there when you need someone to listen at least!

Sounds like you are a very strong person.... very loved too!!!!

Hope you can make it thru your problems... Think a lot about what you are doing to yourself...

I'll pray for you... Smile

Remember us woofies... we're here for you...

Marcel

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: January 5, 2005 2:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Lynn.

Good for you for throwing those few cigarettes away...!!! Have you ever thought about listening to music with headphones on when you are angry and feel like being in your own little world? Maybe some relaxing music or any other kind that fits the mood. You are a strong person for losing weight while maintaining a quit last year.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 5, 2005 10:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too missed your post Lynn Embarassed However, it looks like you got some great and insightful posts in response. You know what you have to do for yourself...you know that smoking isn't going to change his drinking...you know Alanon helps...You know it's your choice, your decision and you will quit in your timeframe.
Blessings on you Lynn Smile

Kris
Four months, four weeks, 8 hours, 23 minutes and 58 seconds. 3006 cigarettes not smoked, saving $601.56. Life saved: 1 week, 3 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: January 5, 2005 10:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Lynn, I am so sorry I missed your post......I have been on vacation, and then home sick in bed....I am so glad that you have chosen to give you a gift of life, and this gift will automatically extend to your children.

You are starting with a good attitude, stay strong, and treat each day as day 1 of freedom from the addiction of nicotine. Very Happy Very Happy

Pam
2 weeks, 1 day, 12 hrs. 50 min free of nicotine

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: