quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2 month ramble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbuz

Quit Date:
May 29, 2007

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 7:11 PM    Post subject: 2 month ramble Reply with quote

Well tomorrow I will be 2 months. Yay!!!
I wish I could write something inspirational, but that's not me, I'm a numbers person and don't really use the creative side of my brain. I don't tend to chime in all that much and that's because I'm generally a smart-a@@ by nature and although my intention would never to be to hurt anyone I have a rather off sense of humor. I've learned that life is pretty short and it's all what you make it I lost my first husband two months after we were married when I was only 27 in an accident and I lost my sister at only 33 to lung cancer. My aunt just found out she has kidney cancer and my grandmother is 90. It just leaves me and my mom for the most part. I do have my wonderful husband and kids, dont get me wrong I'm not complaining. I generally laugh things off, thanks to some great therapy and as I was trying to figure out where I was in my quit I've noticed that I have been a bit more irritable lately, angry and I'm not sure why. I have seemed to focus on this for a few days when my kids, 4 & 5 ran in my room naked and laughing (because gas, nakedness and poop is extremely funny these days) and I realized that I wasn't laughing enough. It was as simple as that, I feel much better now, something so silly could change my attitude around. I hope someone out there "gets" me, I am a serious quitter who tends to look at the lighter side of things cause life it just too short. Thanks for listening to my ramble.

On a more serious note for those who haven't read it Kevins second month "an empty rowboat" also hit home. Zuzu you might enjoy this, I thought of you and your posts about bitterness, which I have related to recently. Thanks again for all those who have supported me in my quit. Very Happy

Lisa
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 7:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa,

Congragulations on your 2 months. That is quiet an accomplishment. Do what is best for your quit and just because you tend to be a smarty pants doesn't mean that you can't impart some valuable advice. I have a family of smarty pants and they do hurt people. I highly doubt your off color remarks would be taken wrong if added with a bit of explanation until everyone gets to know the off color remarks are your bit of humor.

Happy M & M

Two weeks, one day, 8 hours, 21 minutes and 36 seconds. 613 cigarettes not smoked, saving $105.90. Life saved: 2 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 7:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on 2 Months tomorrow! You are doing awesome. I bet you're feeling the health benefits of quitting smoking now too. Keep up the precious quit...You owe it to yourself and those who love you to stay smoke free.

Hugs,
Mindy
Nicotine Free
Three months, two weeks, 18 hours, 28 minutes and 26 seconds. 4230 cigarettes not smoked, saving $740.09. Life saved: 2 weeks, 16 hours, 30 minutes.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 7:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What beautiful boys you have also...I saw the photo posted on Rachael's webshots page!
Mindy
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 7:40 PM    Post subject: Wonderful quit Reply with quote

Congradulations on your two month quit. You are going wonderful.

I have been reading about the anger issues on some of the posts. I am thinking it is part of the quitting process. If the anger becomes an issue it might be best to seek perfessional help.

I will agree 100% life is too short. None of us know when someone we love will be taken from us in the blink of an eye. All we can do is never forget to say I love you, and remember when we tend to put things off... tomorrow may be to late.

I still must move through this life with as much laughter as possible. It's the way to true love.

Keep the quit you are doing wonderful.

Sandyz
Six months, three days, 1 hour, 38 minutes and 2 seconds. 8373 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,255.96. Life saved: 4 weeks, 1 day, 1 hour, 45 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 8:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa, Congratulations on 2 months free. and I have to say I think you have a graet sense of humor. I get you. Don't stop doing what you do because I for one love to laugh and you missy crack me up. Laughing

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 27, 2004 7:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa, aren't poop, nakedness and gas funny Laughing Question

You've got an awesome quit going and should be proud that you'll live longer to be around for those little boys!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: