quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MONDAY - Weight Loss Check-In
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 24, 2005 9:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey did you download the fitday PC program or not? I know I have got to get moving more...picked up the dog today and carried her to the truck and thought I was not going to catch my breath...all tests came back good but the pulmonary doctor said to stay on the inhaler since I had this shortness of breath going on....maybe more exercise would help?
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 24, 2005 9:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, I didn't purchase the program; just using what's free online. It's enough for what I'm doing. I think you'll find it helpful too. Good luck.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: January 24, 2005 11:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did well last week til the week-end and the just ate to much. I haven't weighed myself yet and will wait for a few weeks. I usually tell how I'm doing by my pants. They are still tight. Next week is bloated week.

Those who are losing. Congratulations keep it up. We all know it is a slow process and takes time if we want the weight to stayoff.

Lisa
dancing_lucinda

Quit Date:
January 14, 2005

PostPosted: January 25, 2005 12:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! This was only my first week, so the significant drop in calories and hard work on the elliptical paid off. I lost 4.5 pounds but doubt this next week will be the same. I still have 26 pounds to lose, but I'm in no rush. It sure was a nice boost to keep me motivated, though. I hadn't measured myself, so I'll do that tomorrow morning. It sounds like that'll be more of a guide than the scale down the road! I'm 10 days in to my quit, also, and I'm feeling stronger everyday..... physically, mentally, and emotionally! Thanks for keeping tabs!

Amy

Dance like no one is watching.
EvilKim

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 25, 2005 12:08 PM    Post subject: ack Reply with quote

well I was supposed to run today.. but I got sick last night.. sinus infection.. ick... I don't even own a scale!! Guess we have to start somewhere, huh? Ok, so this week's goal.. buy a scale.. HA HA!
Kim

Of course I'm crazy.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 25, 2005 12:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim, if you don't have a scale, just use a tape measure. It won't give you your weight, but you can track the inches lost.

Sorry about the sinus infection. Hope you feel better real soon.

Jo
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 25, 2005 3:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to check in yesterday. I finally broke my plateau. I lost 4 pounds. I've been exercising like crazy. I'm gonna keep plugging!!! Kerry
Jill-dec1

Quit Date:
December 1, 2003

PostPosted: January 26, 2005 1:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first check in and I’m happy to say I’m down 5 lbs. I kept myself moving all week also had the flu so that probably helped. Went to the gym and did the treadmill 3 times this week and mowed my lawn for 1 ½ hours non stop. (big yard)

Jill

Serenity isn't freedom from the storm;

it is peace within the storm...
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 8:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran Friday and Saturday and did my upper body exercises yesterday and I'm sad to report that's about it. It was the cookies. I made a batch of toll house bar cookies for a fund raiser Friday. My son complained because I didn't leave enough at home. So I made a new batch Saturday morning. Well, my son did his usual not home much over the weekend thing and so guess who has been eating the cookies? Yes, that's right. Me! Rolling Eyes I saw the little darling in the hallway this morning and told him if he wanted to live a full and happy life, the cookies needed to be gone by the time I get home from work today! Okay, I've confessed all and I feel much better now. I've gained a pound and feel very fortunate that's all I've gained. These cookie hips will be walking the stairs today! Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 10:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you Tonya! Very Happy I was doing really great and was looking forward to posting that I've lost one more pound this past week....unfortunately I went to a hockey game on Sat....and well...dinner before the game, beer at the game, licorice, popcorn Shocked ...

BUT on the good side, I didn't gain any more...just that pound I thought I got rid of! Smile

As for my workouts...been doing good on those, and been recording my meals on fitday.com...I've been able to keep my calories in under my calories out...so I think that's helping (except for the blip on Sat!).

Kris
Five months, three weeks, two days, 7 hours, 38 minutes and 30 seconds. 3526 cigarettes not smoked, saving $705.44. Life saved: 1 week, 5 days, 5 hours, 50 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 10:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am down another 2 pounds this week, so I am consistently loosing. I talked with my cousin who lost 31 pounds on Weight Watchers and she said the only way she was able to handle it was to have one day a week where she blew it. She said she really blew it too. She said it was so much easier to be good the other six days because she knew that she had that one day to look forward to. Maybe something to think about Wink on this dieting journey. Sunday is always my be bad day because we always end up with family and friends on those days and I tend to splurge a little bit. I need to pick another day because Monday is my weigh in day! Very Happy

Well gotta go school. Hugs all and hope you all are big loosers this week!! Very Happy

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
dancing_lucinda

Quit Date:
January 14, 2005

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 12:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was a huge loser this week, but not in the way I wanted to be. My husband had a 3 day weekend, so we were bad a whole extra day, too! And I only worked out 3 days total. Wow.... writing this all down makes me feel even more guilty! I need a personal trainer!! Maybe weight watchers would be a good thing for me; I feel like I need to be accountable to someone. Okay.... I'll "start" again this week. (The story of my life.)

Amy

Dance like no one is watching.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 2:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, Losing Quitters. Sorry to say I'm still at the 138 I've been at for a few weeks. Seems I've hit that proverbial plateau. Rolling Eyes

However, I've been behaving myself; logging all food on fitday.com (kept calorie intake below 1300/day) and walking 1.5 miles/day on the treadmill with the exception of Saturday and Sunday.

Even though the pounds are still somewhere on me, my clothes are fitting much, much better than they did several weeks ago so that's plus. Maybe the pounds will leave soon too.

Good luck to all of you. At least we're keeping our quits healthy. Very Happy

Jo
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 7:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bumped up my work out last week and when I weighed in on Friday I had lost 6.2 pounds!!!!! ROCK OUT!!!! I am ready now to be as motivated in losing as I've been in quitting. Kerry
Dana Rae

Quit Date:
January 22, 2005

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 7:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I gained 6 pounds my first week of THE QUIT guess I will worry about pounds when I get over the craves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: