quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Still quit!!! Made it thru first week at PALMARES!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2005 1:32 PM    Post subject: Still quit!!! Made it thru first week at PALMARES!!! Reply with quote

Hey!!!

I'm feeling sooo good!!! Made it completely thru the first week in PALMARES without a cig!! Not one puff!!!

I haven't been here for a while cause my boss gave me off on saturday and sunday! And I have no internet connection from my house! Not at the moment...

So, had from thursday thru sunday!!!

It all started on thursday. It was great!!!

Crying or Very sad My friend that quit also on jan the 1st... started smoking again that day! Crying or Very sad

So sorry for her! I left her alone for a moment and when I came back... she hid her hand... she probably felt so embarrassed she couldn't make it thru!!! But I told her, she didn't have to hide it from me! She had to do it (quit) for herself... not because of me...

Anyway, everyone around me was smoking!!! There was a moment were this girl was taking something out of her bag and asked me if I could please hold her cigarrete for her!??!?!

Guess what... I thought to myself... an oportunity for the nicodemon to scream, yell, kick... do whatever to try to pull me down...

So, I decided to prove him that I could turn him down!!! I stood there with the cig in my hand for a couple of seconds and then the girl said... hey thanks... then suddenly she remembered I had quit and she apologized... but... the best part of all this is that... there wasn't a moment that my mind even thought about the possibility of taking a puff... Wink

You have no idea of what I felt at the moment!!! I was so proud!!!

Then again on saturday, I proved that I am strong and can live happily without smoking... I took a risk... I had more beers than I should've had...

So... it was easier for me to fall... but I didn't!!! I remember thinking... I don't smoke anymore... Not one single puff will take me down!!!

My best friend from work, Karla, gave me a present... (she had quit smoking long time ago... but it wasn't even hard for her, she just stopped liking it... and never smoked again....) She has been soooo supportive!!!!

She gave me a present on wednesday that I was leaving to come back till today... she bought me 2 packs of chocolate cigs... (so much for the dieting!!! Embarassed ) So, she asked me to please eat one each time I wanted or felt like smoking! It worked so well... althought I didn't feel like dying over a cig at any moment but it was a good idea!!!

So... there it is, a short story of what's been going on...

Thank you so much for reading and also the support!!!

I'm doing great... Nothing can defy my quit now!!!

If I could go thru the first week at PALMARES without a cig, I can go thru anything and still defeat Laughing Demon

Thanks!!!

Marcel Wink
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2005 1:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news! Your post really brightened my day and I am so glad for you!!!! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2005 1:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel,

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! You did wonderfully and with awesome resolve and determination. Way to go Girl!!!!

I know you are feeling super good right now. But, I just want to caution you on one point, don't EVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!!!!!!!!!

I can't stress that enough. I say this because I'm feeling pretty good with my quit also, but over the weekend something happened. Laughing Demon tried to take advantage of my "assurance" that I would never smoke again. I forgot to put on my patch one day. Went for about 6-7 hours. I felt fine. When I realized that I hadn't replaced it, the thought came....."Well, I feel great, no craves, maybe just do without it." Well, after I thought about it for awhile, I realized that it was a very, very sneaky tactic from Laughing Demon . I began to think about my quit. How much I want to keep this quit. Then I realized that I would be putting it in jeopardy if I went without the patch. I remembered why and how I've failed before on prior quits. I wasn't going to take that chance on this quit. So, I put on the patch. Just please be on guard.

Big Hug To You!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2005 2:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Your post was so enthusiastic......it made me want to get old Laughing Demon in a dark alley! You are doing so great! Pass me a choc, please!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2005 4:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course you made it through, Marce - 'old nic' is no match for you! keep up the good work!

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: January 17, 2005 5:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel, that is so great.... yes, you be proud of yourself, good job. Very Happy Very Happy

Keep your positive notions, healing and freedom from nicotine are wonderful, and this journey can be awesome, but never forget we are addicted to nicotine and so for today, for one min, one hour, one day we will not smoke......

Pam

3 weeks, 6 days, 7 hr., 2 min free of nicotine and feeling GREAT

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2005 5:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

~*~*~*~*~*~YEAH MARCEL !!! Smile Smile Smile *~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm SO proud of you! You are DOING it!! Smile

Kris
Five months, one week, two days, 15 hours, 19 minutes and 51 seconds. 2439 cigarettes not smoked, saving $488.04. Life saved: 1 week, 1 day, 11 hours, 15 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 17, 2005 6:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcel,

Yes, having fun without cigarettes is very possible. You've proven that and your enthusiasm comes through in your post. By the way, give your friend, Karla, a great big hug. That's fantastic support. Continue enjoying Palmares without that ugly cigarette in your hand. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: January 18, 2005 12:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel, Way to go girl!

Tammy
Free and loving it!
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: January 22, 2005 12:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Your doing awesome Marcel Very Happy Very Happy Gail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: