quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"*($^(#&!!!" and stuff like that...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 28, 2005 8:26 PM    Post subject: "*($^(#&!!!" and stuff like that... Reply with quote

Well,
I just found that I will not be able to keep this temp job. 1 person is getting in my way, and I knew from the get-go that he would be the one that would make me lose or get this job. I'm not surprised, and kind of relieved, but I'm not too excited about having to be replaced.

AND...I was accosted by a very angry person about a form that needed to be signed, but this dude is out of town!! yadda yadda, I bent over backwards to get things right for her, and was successful, but ugh...I tell ya. I'm SOOOOOOoooo ready to go home...for the first time in a long while I actually said "now, I'd really want a smoke". Too smart for that, but damn!! ugh. Just have to gush...Thanks,
J

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Gentle Breeze

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 28, 2005 9:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy Juanita that you are learning the ways of Native Americans and their language that all good people can identify with. The word you used means that you, Juanita, have tried your best. Maybe others have, and maybe they have not. No Matter.

You have done what is best for you and your body. You have chosen not to smoke and have walked proudly away from a job that you are probably better off not having. Jobs, Juanita, are nothing. You Juanita with your freedom and healing are everything that counts.

Now you know the meaning and the ways of the word:

Ugh

Gentle Breeze

Many years and some days healing and happy - by choice
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: January 29, 2005 2:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nita,

I remember days like that when I use to work. Sometimes I think the same thing lately about smoking when things go array. But then like someone said to me, smoking will only make things even more worse off. Next time you have a thought about smoking during those trying times, be reminded of that. (just a pre-caution) It sounds like you have no intention of smoking anyway. KTQ and many blessings.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: January 29, 2005 9:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juanita, it really really is good to see you back. Glad that you are to smart to fall for Laughing Demon lies, trying to trick you into thinking a smoke would change one little thing or make you feel better. Lies, lies lies. Kick his butt Laughing .

Tammy
Free and loving it!
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 29, 2005 10:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job keeping your quit Juanita ~ just love the way Gentle Breeze puts things into words Smile I have a feeling that the reason you're not keeping that temp job is because there is a much better opportunity for you somewhere else Smile

Keep up the good work! Smile
Kris
Five months, three weeks, 7 hours, 40 minutes and 5 seconds. 2614 cigarettes not smoked, saving $523.08. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 1 hour, 50 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 29, 2005 11:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the job, Juanita, but perhaps God has bigger and better things in store for you. "Never does a door close without another opening."

Good for you for keeping your quit. That's first and foremost in your life right now.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 29, 2005 11:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like this is a job for......the "Cravinator".

Her trusty little gun could blow off the guy standing in your way, the nasty people, and the nasty crave...all with one bullet.

Or, as Gentle Breeze says...ugh!

some things just aren't worth losing sleep over. Like me, there's the perfect job and life situation waiting out there somewhere....and when the time is right, it will present itself for your approval.

Until then, I want you to buy yourself something really, really special, and charge it to my account!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 29, 2005 12:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will do just fine without having to deal with ungrateful people...keep yourself and your quit strong...

Thanks Gentle Breeze, I always wondered what UGH meant in the movies Laughing Laughing You Go Happily Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: January 29, 2005 12:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Jo on this one. I am such a control freak it is sometimes hard for me to understand that the path I choose is not necessarily that one that God will choose for me. I am trying to be more laid back about this as opposed to being pushed kicking and screaming. Laughing Thanks for posting this Nita. It helps to know it's not just me!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 29, 2005 3:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how do things feel today?

Sorry about the job.. I was so cheering for you that you'd get it.. are there any other positions your up for there?

-Zuzu
roliveira

Quit Date:
May 7, 2007

PostPosted: January 29, 2005 6:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know you, but by your posts you seem to be full of energy! That is so encouraging. The messages about God having a different plan than we do -- oh, my, I think a bunch of us are learning that thorugh the quit -- I know I am.

I am so glad your addiction did not overcome your reason. No job is worth choosing to fail -- you chose to continue life -- healthy and full of energy. Congratulations!

Roberta
When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future. Eccl 7:14
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 7:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

When one door closes another opens. Don't spend too long looking at the closed door.

My prayers are with you.

Sandyz
One year, three months, one week, 21 hours, 40 minutes and 45 seconds. 20965 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,862.06. Life saved: 10 weeks, 2 days, 19 hours, 5 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
The Crave-inator

Quit Date:
August 11, 2003

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 11:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Juanita,

Sounds like you're handling things just fine! I'll finish it off for you just in case a bit of it remains! Barb (The Crave-inator)

Take that you stupid craving!
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 5:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Frijoles!!!

I almost done forgot how wonderful this place is. I've been away far too long! Thanks guys. Interestingly enough, I spent the weekend with my mother, and other family members, and shared my scrapbook with them. I have all of my musical exploits in print from several different papers and occasions, and my brother said I should just drop this whole Admin thing and just go for broke! I love my brother. So, I've made contact with friends up north in Humboldt county for a visit. How wonderful that will be. I was one of those big fish in a small pond kind of deal. Last time I talked to someone out there, they said there'd always be a place for me...so what the hell. We'll see what happens. life is funny, ain't it???

Love you guys more than you know!!

Nita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 31, 2005 5:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real question is, Nita, will you still remember us when you're famous? Of course you will, but could you autograph this for me just in case?

Oh, yeah, don't forget to get yourself something nice and charge it to my account.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: