quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just Got back from the drs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: February 1, 2005 6:59 PM    Post subject: Just Got back from the drs. Reply with quote

Hey everyone
I just got back from the drs where he was really pleased that there is no wheezing and no problems breathing. But he did my depression score and it is 925 and he put me on a depression medication and I have acid reflux so he put me on meds for that and my arthiritis which is flaired up nicely so he put me on meds for that and wants me to have a mamogram and an upper gi plus I have to go see a obgyn for my cervix which has white spots on it and he said that it could be pre cancourous and wants it checked out.

But he said we are gonna wait to work on the weight issues as it could be in part depression related. I will also be seeing a psychologist next week And life goes on.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 1, 2005 8:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are with you. A postive is that you are being pro-active about all of these issues. It is so easy to pretend they don't exist. Many, many good thougts sent your way! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 1, 2005 10:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh Leona, I hope he gave you a hug and a lolipop for being such a good patient.... Laughing I hope you will be feeling better soon....I agrivate my doctor all the time by telling him if he does not have anything nice to say then to not say anything... Wink
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Gentle Breeze

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 2, 2005 1:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, my native sister, know that this woman prays for you always.

You have not only survived with so many hardships over this past year, but you have also acknowledged the gifts given freely by Creator to you.

Keep these gifts of freely given love in your heart my sister. They are to be treasured now and forever.

Gentle Breeze

Many years and some days healing and happy - by choice
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 2, 2005 9:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leona ~ I'm glad you are making steps toward feeling better. It sounds like things are moving in the right direction.
(((((HUGS)))))))

Kris
Five months, three weeks, four days, 7 hours, 22 minutes and 30 seconds. 3566 cigarettes not smoked, saving $713.39. Life saved: 1 week, 5 days, 9 hours, 10 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 2, 2005 11:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Leona, I hope you got a lollypop for all that. I know I won't leave the bank drive-through without one!

good news about the lungs.....but it's a bitch getting old! Ha Ha, I know all about this...it's always something. Be happy that the old lungs are looking good. as for everything else, just consider it like a major tune up on the car!

Oh, and I'm glad to hear that you are going to see a doctor about your feelings of depression. We try hard here to make you feel better Rolling Eyes , but better to go to a pro. We want you back to being our 100% Leona.

and through all of this...you are one amazing quitter! Keep us posted.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: February 2, 2005 1:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are my sunshine...
My only sunshine..
You make me happy when skys are gray...
You never no dear...
How much we love you...
Please stay our sunshine today.....

Very Happy

Your doing great Leona

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: February 2, 2005 1:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alleghany, Thank you I can use all the good thoughts I can get.

Kay, My dr doesn't give lolipops instead he gives stickers and he gave me scooby I love scooby. I love mydr too. He is so thourough and he actually listens to me when I talk.

Gentle Breeze, Yes my sister the creator has made things for a reason and I for one embrace them. I keep them close to me always. Thank you for your prayers they are much needed and most comforting. I pray for you also my native sister.

Kris, I had to do something. When I wake up in the middle of the night crying that isn't me so It was time to take some definate steps. I want to be well for me. Not for my kids but for me.

Pamela, I know you all have tried so hard to help me feel more me but nothing was working. And I knew it was time for me to get some help professionally even though it scares the bejesus out of me. I will keep all posted to my progress and hopefully in no time I will be back to my old self. I don't like this one much she is to negative and unhappy.

Londa, I love that song always have thank you. I am so pleased to be someones sunshine.

Nine months, three weeks, one day, 2 hours, 36 minutes and 32 seconds. 11884 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,525.78. Life saved: 5 weeks, 6 days, 6 hours, 20 minutes.

Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 2, 2005 2:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, just wait until I go back to the doctor....I want a sticker too and not in the butt..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry just got to thinking about the look on his face if I confronted him with that one... Laughing Laughing I wonder what he is always writing down on my chart....maybe something like "she ain't right" Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: February 2, 2005 8:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should of seen my dr's face when I went rooby. I love rooby. Embarassed He is one of my favorite cartoon characters next to taz, He had the biggest smile bet that he thinks I am a nut.

You make sure your dr knows that lolipops have gone out of fashion and stickers (fuzzyones) are in. LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked

kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 2, 2005 8:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, thank God your doctor is so very kind and thorough. Bet you were thrilled to hear that your lungs sound so good. That's fantastic news. My prayers are with you, as always. Keep a positive thought.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 3, 2005 12:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

now why would your doctor think you were a nut because you love scooby, leona Question

Wink

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: February 3, 2005 12:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, that is good news that you have no wheezing and no problems breathing.

The only cartoon characters I remember are Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd..
I only got the needle stick, some meds but no stickies Sad

A powerful statement you made and a positive one, " I want to be well for me." Keep that thought,

You are in my prayers,

Pam

1 month, 1 week, 5 days, 14 hrs., 55 min free of nicotine

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: