quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Monday - weight loss checkin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 7, 2005 10:49 AM    Post subject: Monday - weight loss checkin Reply with quote

Morning all!

I'm very excited...I think I'm finally getting this weight thing figured out -
I have lost 5 pounds (so only 15 more to go) and about 1/4" average on my measurements ~

I actually got to ride my bike on Friday too ~ that was VERY exciting considering we are now in another winter storm watch and it snowed all day yesterday Smile

How is everyone else doing?
Kris
Five months, four weeks, two days, 8 hours, 15 minutes and 28 seconds. 3666 cigarettes not smoked, saving $733.54. Life saved: 1 week, 5 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Dana Rae

Quit Date:
January 22, 2005

PostPosted: February 7, 2005 6:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting fat.... Crying or Very sad REAL FAT!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: February 7, 2005 7:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down about 8 pounds. Was exercising like crazy until I ended up with the flu. Oh well, haven't gained yet so that's good. I think I should be able to hit the gym on Wednesday. Still a little weak. Glad to see you're doing well Kris!
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: February 7, 2005 9:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy I am down 15 pounds so far. I have a ways to go yet, but it feels good to be loosing consistently each week. I have been exercising everyday, sometimes twice a day which has really helped my energy level tremendously. I am taking a Nutrition class in college and I think that has helped me to get my eating straightened out. All and all I am feeling really positive about the whole healthy living deal. Hope everyone else is progressing along well too.

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: February 8, 2005 7:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to jump on the wellness program. I have 20lbs I need to find a new home for.

I lost 5 of them in over a week. I bought a treadmil for my 15 month lunaversary. I sat it in front of the TV...now I don't watch TV. Smile

When i do watch TV the first 15 min I walk the treadmil.

When I first got it I could stay on it for only 5 min...now I am at 15. Baby steps they say...I can do this.

I still do the Yoga at least 4 times a week. I had got away from it for several months. Let depression bite my ash, and it shows. Shocked

I am back with the program...well as soon as I get back from the Dr today and find out about this 2 week cold? I am so freaking weak...had to call off work last night.

Sandyz
475 days free

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 8, 2005 10:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I wrote in another thread, my weight is remaining the same but the inches are disappearing.

Sandy, when I first began using the treadmill I was at 5 minutes/session also. I'm now up to a strong 30 minutes at 3.0 mph - doing 1.5 miles each time. It does become easier. I still have no problem breathing while using it but my calf muscles are screaming by the time I'm finished. It does get easier.

Congrats to all of you who are losing the pounds. Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with losing inches for now.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: