quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm Breaking Up With Nic!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilaterc

Quit Date:
April 27, 2004

PostPosted: April 27, 2004 3:58 PM    Post subject: I'm Breaking Up With Nic! Reply with quote

Scowling Demon I just put out my last cigarette and I am breaking up with Nic(otine) for the last time finally. I attempted to a year and a half ago, and lasted 9 days with the aid of some system called Nicocin but like I said it only lasted 9 days. My lil sis quit 3 days ago and my spousal unit Ralph is going to quit tomrrow as well so we will have a support system I hope. I have made a few strides in achieving the ultimate goal in becoming smoke free....two years ago we quit smoking in the house and in the car. Now...this is it!! From now on I will blow bubbles.

Gil
Breaking Up with NIC!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 27, 2004 4:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gil

Wonderful, You can do it. We are all in various stages of our quits the ones who are ahead of us hold out thier hands for the ones who are behind us. And before I forget WELCOME.

post often so we can all get to know you and whenever you feel the urge to smoke anything that keeps you from that smoke it is worth doing asl long as it is legal and doesn't hurt someone else.

KTQ

Two weeks, two days, 5 hours, 1 minute and 36 seconds. 648 cigarettes not smoked, saving $111.84. Life saved: 2 days, 6 hours, 0 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 27, 2004 4:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your photo Wink and make sure you put that quit date in your profile! sounds like you have an epidemic quit going on there in your area! Welcome to all, and to what will be a difficult but not impossible journey to being free from your addiction. If you haven't already, go to whyquit.com and do some reading on your addiction there...especially Nicodemon's Lies...my favorite.

And remember to post a lot....whenever you need to....as the next few days and weeks will be a challange.

You quit...you rock!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 27, 2004 4:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Gil and congratulations on a wonderful decision! It's so great that your spouse is going to quit, too, but remember to make this quit about you. That way, JUST IN CASE, your quit won't be dependent on someone else keeping theirs!

We have another blowing bubbles promoter here, they come highly recommended Wink

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 27, 2004 4:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you, Gil! Welcome...Bring the family too!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Gilaterc

Quit Date:
April 27, 2004

PostPosted: April 27, 2004 4:11 PM    Post subject: Still figuring out how to use the site Reply with quote

Thank you ALL for your replies and well wishes. I'm still trying to navigate my way through this site. I thought I put my quit date but I will check and see. I know I and all the rest of us here can do it...It's one hour at a time for me and yes, I am doing it for me..Me ME!! Because if nicotine and all the other thousands of toxins in cigarettes kill me then I won't be around for the people I love and cherish. Life is a party and I have invited myself! (Smoke free) Rolling Eyes

Gil
Breaking Up with NIC!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shill

Quit Date:
April 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 28, 2004 12:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gil,

I am in day 3 of my quit and am writing a diary in the stories section that hopefully will be of help to yourself and anyone else just starting quitting.

This forum and community is a great inspiration and we will all be rooting for you.

take care bud and take each day as a challenge.
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 28, 2004 12:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome Gil
Well by the time I found this post you are now in day 2. How is it going? Remember to drink lots of water and/or juice (cranberry works really well)
Deep breathe and if you don't have a list of reasons to quit,,,,make one now and keep it very very close. so when you want a cigarette you can look at your list and remember why you will not have one.
Hang in there. We are all rooting for you and are here to help in any way we can.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 28, 2004 1:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME Gil!!! Awesome decision.. it's a wild ride but/and you CAN do it.. you ARE doing it and these folks here are a GREAT source of support... post often! Welcome, welcome!

-Zuzu
ebonipelo

Quit Date:
April 25, 2004

PostPosted: April 28, 2004 1:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Buttface (he's my brother and he's quite fond of his nickname) I'm glad you're posting!! This site has helped me out a lot. Everyone here has been great. Oh and how did you get your character, you have to show me how to put up a pic, see you later! Welcome to the world of Fresh air!
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 28, 2004 4:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to woofmang. You are now among the best quitters in the world. I hope day 2 is going well for you. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
jlf/Jeri

Quit Date:
November 12, 2003

PostPosted: April 28, 2004 4:41 PM    Post subject: Way to go Gil! Reply with quote

Hello and welcome Gil.

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. It'll be the best decision you'll ever make! The first few days are hard, but it is doable and I know you can do it too!
Sounds like you've got a great group of fellow quitters and supporters and I wish you all the best.

Stay strong and committed! You CAN quit smoking! Smile

Jeri
Five months, two weeks, one day, 15 hours, 40 minutes and 51 seconds. 5029 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,053.44. Life saved: 2 weeks, 3 days, 11 hours, 5 minutes.
lbuz

Quit Date:
May 29, 2007

PostPosted: April 28, 2004 7:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome!!! Glad to have you here!!!

Lisa
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: April 28, 2004 8:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolensences on your break up. Don't ever let that bum back into your life. Congradulations on your decesion. Cool
Jim
5 months
1 week +
free
cherkohn

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 28, 2004 8:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Look forward to seeing you here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: