quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bad Bug
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 10, 2005 8:40 PM    Post subject: Bad Bug Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I am still fighting this bad bug that is going around. All food taste the same and not much of an appetiete....you would think the belly would shrink some but not happening...so I will just call it my snot ball. Laughing Laughing

I am so ready to get over this and own with living. There is so much I want to do and yet run out of steam just thinking about it all. I am still having shortness of breath also. The inhalers seem to help with breathing but just getting into the truck seemed to take my breath away. Other than this, I am feeling better. I do not mean to sound whiny...more warning of how this bug affects you.

Has anyone else been through this and if so how long does it last??????? I have been afraid to push it with the weather being so cold and all. I stick my head out and holler at ole Gus and feel gulity that hubby is having to brave the cold all by himself.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: February 10, 2005 10:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fortunate enough to track down a flu shot and have not had to deal with this. I have one person from my office in the hospital right now with pneumonia and flu. I have heard our local hospital er's are swamped with people with the flu waiting for hospital beds. It is bad news stuff, as you have discovered first hand. Don't get the guilts. Please just take it easy and let your body heal. I would hate for you to suffere a relapse. You have been missed on these boards! Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 10, 2005 10:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,
Sounds like you have a bad respiratory virus. Did you go to the doctor? I hope you're feeling better real soon. My kids have all been sick with sore throats, colds, coughs......etc. You name it, they have had it.

Hugs,
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: February 10, 2005 10:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Kay, I can sure relate Crying or Very sad

I was sick for a month, went throught 20 rolls of t-paper for my nose,, (cheeper than kleenex and strangley softer Wink )

I slept sitting up some nights because of the coughing, yes bad taste, could not walk without coughing, breathing was bad Crying or Very sad but it did get better, but I stayed in bed for 2 weeks,........Hubby did all the work(he is one neat guy Very Happy )

Rest is the order of the day, plenty of rest....Please take care of your self,
This stuff is bad news, and being tired could set you up for a relapse.

Want to see you out on the trails with Gus and your new saddle, so take care of yourself now, rest up for the big ride,

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 10, 2005 10:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear you're still sick, kay, but i have to wonder; how cold could it possibly get in 'bama?

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 11, 2005 12:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not try for the flu shot when they had such stipulations to getting one...then I went to my doctor who told me to get one anywhere I could...unfortunately, I got sick before I did that....the strange thing is,,,,I threw it off three times before it nailed my fat butt!

Hey now, it gets cold here, it is suppose to be in the teens tonight....but you have to remember, we are not used to frigid whiping air around here....heck, I am the queen of sweat.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kay

alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 11, 2005 8:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay ~
Please take care of yourself! I was serious about the Celestial Seasonings tea. I am really not an herbal freak, but that stuff does help. Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 11, 2005 9:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay - I'm so sorry you're still fighting this thing...we've had a couple guys out from work around here...it's starting to go around. I'm trying to stay away from them.

In the past I used to use a humidifier in my bedroom at night to help me when I was having breathing difficulties. It seemed to help. I'm also an advocate of zinc, vitamin C, lots of fluid and plenty of rest Wink There's dr. Kris' instructions! Laughing

I wish I knew how to help you. I hope you get better soon...I'll try to send you some germ-fightin' vibes ~ (((((((((KAY))))))))))

Kris
Six months, three days, 7 hours, 2 minutes and 55 seconds. 3745 cigarettes not smoked, saving $749.34. Life saved: 1 week, 6 days, 5 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 11, 2005 10:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

kay

i'm sorry you're feeling bad. soon you'll be well again. the good news is you don't have to feel bad and still try to smoke. get well soon!

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 11, 2005 11:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, Kay. I didn't think the virus existed that could keep our Cowgirl Kay down. Just fight that bad bug as intensely as you're fighting Scowling Demon . If you do that, he doesn't have a chance.

The only advice this grandma can give is lots of rest and liquid. Oh, and don't feel guilty about not being able to do anything. You deserve some time off.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: February 11, 2005 1:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kay, I hope if you don't get to feeling better you go to the Dr.

I was fighting a cold, earache, sinus, chest pains, chills and coughs for the last two weeks. I took every over the counter meds anyone suggested.

I went to the Dr Tuesday and found out I have walking pneumonia.

I had a flu shot so I kept thinking this would run its course. I have been off work since Sunday night. I will not be going back until next Tuesday night.

If you do not get any better see a Dr. Even as we now live as nonsmoker's, we are still very susceptible to respiratory infections. I feel like crap but know I am on the mend.

My get-well wishes to all of you fighting colds & flu's. Seems this year it is all around us.

Listen close.... GET WELL!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Sandyz
free for 478 days!

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 11, 2005 6:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Sandy, you need to take it easy....I guess I just thought I was a teenager again, ya know INVINCIBLE!
Kay

Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 11, 2005 7:00 PM    Post subject: 'TIS the SEASON.....FLU that is.... Reply with quote

Lots of rest and fluids! We really do have to take care of ourselves! Try some chicken soup. I'm just at the edge of something....that fuzzy tickle in the back of the throat and sinus pressure....sure glad I'm not aggrevating things by smoking....this is the first I've felt like I'm catching a cold this winter...hope I can nip it in the bud and never really get sick....we'll see!

ALL YOU SICKIES....TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELVES!!!
GET WELL QUICKLY!
If your symptoms persist or get worse...SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!! 'Tis the season for FLU!!!!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: February 12, 2005 12:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cowgirl...I thought the same thing....
Quote:
I guess I just thought I was a teenager again, ya know INVINCIBLE!

I quit smoking so why worry about a little cold? Shocked This started out with a sore throat, then went to my ear's, got hold of my sinuses, and drained into my chest. Still I waited hoping I could get over it on my own. I am sure it didn't help working 12 hour night shifts.

Just don't let it go on and on if it moves to your chest, you get fever, chills, and can't shake it.

I learned something this time, I am not INVINCIBLE...damn I hate it when that happens.

I have to say it is the first time in a long time I have had a lung infection, when I was smoking I had almost a constant cough all winter. And...I continued to smoke. How gross is that.

Cowgirl and everyone else feeling the cold coming on...keep close watch and listen to your body.

I care about you all and know this too will pass. We just have to keep taking care of ourselves. Chicken noodle soup and orange juice have been my main food supply lately. Hey...I bet I'll loose some of those unwanted pounds after all. Smile

Stay well...And thanks for the well wishes.

Sandyz
free for 478 days

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 12, 2005 11:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, sure hope you feel better soon....I walked to the barn yesterday and had to stop on the way back. I lost my air...I had played with the great dane a few minitues but should not have been so winded. If this keeps up will have to go see the doctor again. I had everything you describe except the ears and pain in the chest. I feel much better today now to steal some strength from somebody Hmmmmmmmm???????
Kay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: