quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

divorce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: February 20, 2005 5:21 PM    Post subject: divorce Reply with quote

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on in a while, I am going through a divorce, and starting a new job. Allot going on. I slipped on my smoking and once I get settled in my new place, I plan on quitting. Thanks for all of your support. Jeri
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: February 20, 2005 7:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, I'm so sorry for all your troubles. Please come back as soon as you can. You are missed around here!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: February 20, 2005 11:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, Sorry that you relapsed. Set a new quit date and nail the door that was left open shut. Go back and rework the modules at FFS. You can kick Laughing Demon in the head and stomp on his face. You will beat this addiction and we are here to help you.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 21, 2005 12:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, sorry to hear about your troubles...come back when you can...I miss seeing you on the boards....when you are ready, we will be too with all the support you need.
Wink
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 21, 2005 1:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri,

Your posting on the boards is a good thing!!!! I have missed you. Life bites sometimes. Sorry you're going through so much. When you're ready, you know everyone here is standing by ready to lend a hand in this battle. You keep your chin up. Sending a BIG HUG TO YOU

Love ya

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: February 21, 2005 1:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri,

You have a lot on your plate right now, I hope all will be better for you soon.

Come back when you are ready and good luck to you on your new job..

Pam

4 days, 20 hrs., 53 min, free of nicotine and healing Cool

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 21, 2005 12:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, great to hear from you again, but sad to know you're going through lots of upsetting times. Crying or Very sad Keep a stiff upper lip and just put one foot in front of the other. You know we'll all be here when you decide to take that biggest step of all and quit smoking.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 21, 2005 1:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you're back, jeri! Smile

sorry to hear that you're going through a stressful time right now, but that's just life; some times are better than others, some are worse. what i've realized over the last 3 years or so is that the external circumstances of our life are just going to be whatever they're going to be, whether we think that's good or bad, and it has absolutely nothing to do with whether we're choosing to smoke or not: non-smokers go through the same ups and downs, and it never occurs to them to light up a cigarette to help them get through it.

if your best friend was an alcoholic who had quit drinking, and she started drinking again because she was going through a stressful time, but she told you that she was going to quit again when her life settled down, what would you say to her?

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: February 21, 2005 3:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeri,

welcome back. i'm with kevin on this one. don't try and wait for life to settle down it never will, besides if you are going to be miserable anyway (i went through all that last year and it sucks) you might as well get all the monkeys off your back at once. You know what to do. take care of you.

I wish you peace.

alison
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 22, 2005 10:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeri ~ you are going through a lot right now...I'm glad you're back. Smile Come visit as often as you can to reinforce your resolve to quit. Smile

Kris
Six months, two weeks, 7 hours, 53 minutes and 17 seconds. 3966 cigarettes not smoked, saving $793.48. Life saved: 1 week, 6 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: February 22, 2005 8:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart is with you...come home soon.

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
eliandrobyn

Quit Date:
January 15, 2009

PostPosted: February 23, 2005 12:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeri,

We are fairly new here, and are going threw a very stressful time as well. It seemed like the day we quit all hell broke loose.

We made it threw and are still making it threw stressful times. Just know that smoking is an option, not a solution. When you are stressed, just know that there are other options, other then picking up that cig. Was really hard for me.

Come back soon. You know this site is great for support and everyone is rooting for you.

Regards,
Eli and Robyn

---
3w 1d 23:25 smoke-free, 689 cigs not smoked, $258.38 saved, 2d 9:25 life saved EACH
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 23, 2005 5:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Jeri,

I am so glad to see you back here. Keep posting even if you are still smoking. I kept posting last year even though I was smoking and then it came to me through all the the words of wisdom here, there is no good time to quit. If we keep saying we'll wait for this or that, we may never quit.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: