quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SURGERY IN THE MORNING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbwalton

Quit Date:
December 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 12:25 PM    Post subject: SURGERY IN THE MORNING Reply with quote

HI! JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW ILL BE GONE FOR AWHILE. IVE GOT TO HAVE A TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT TOMORROW. Sad MY HIP HAS BEEN GETTING WORSE & IM BARELY ABLE TO GET AROUND SO GUESS CHICKENING OUT ISNT AN OPTION! BUT GUESS IF I CAN QUIT SMOKING, I CAN DO ANYTHING !! ILL GET THRU THIS! AND ILL BE DOING CARTWHEELS SOON!! (I HOPE!!) ANYWAY TO LET YOU KNOW IF YOU DONT SEE ME AROUND, I AM STILL QUIT!!
DEB

HEY! IM AT 75 DAYS TODAY!! AND 3000 CIGS NOT SMOKED! YEESSSS!!

I vow to protect my inner child as I do my own children. She may whine and she may throw temper tantrums but I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO HER!! She is worth it!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 2:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Deb, I know you will do just fine...make sure there are NO cigs in the house so you want be tempted when you are at a weaker state....you are right you quit smoking so the sky has to be the limit!
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 2:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, thanks for letting us know that you'll be gone. Hoping that all goes well with the surgury, and that you'll be "kicking" again soon. It must feel good to know that those pre surgury tests are so much better since you are NOT smoking. Also, having general anesthesia (sp?) is a LOT less dangerouss for non smokers than for smokers!

So, you'll be a few steps ahead of the game, medically speaking. And, just think, while you're recovering, you won't be having those addict cravings! So, give yourself a bit pat on the back for getting yourself quit before going into the surgury, and giving yourself the best possible chances of recovery!

Remember...break a leg....oops, I mean, good luck! Give us a report as soon as you are aboe!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 3:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb

Best wishes for you tomorrow!
You've got such a great outlook going, so you'll be up and running around like a spring chicken soon! Wink

And way to rock and roll a quit at 75 days strong! Go girl....keep kicking ash and get better quick.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 6:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending you great thoughts for a speedy recovery. If you get bored, force them to get you a laptop and let us know how you are!!! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 8:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, deb - 75 days - that's three-quarters of a century! Smile

i'm sure your recovery from the surgery will be a lot more pleasant now that you've been healing for that long already - keep up the good work!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 9:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Deb,

Thanks for letting us know about your surgery. I'm sure you're going to be up and running soon. Please keep us updated when you can.

Meanwhile, I'll keep you in my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 9:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb,

I know all will be well with you tomorrow, and recovery will be more pleasant, now that you no longer smoke,,,,,

And a big congratulations on your 75 days free from smoking, you are doing such a great job Very Happy Very Happy

Keep your great attitude, post and let us know how you are doing..My thoughts and well wishes to you for tomorrow,

Pam

1 week, 5 days, 16 hr., 29 min free of niicotine and healing Cool

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: March 1, 2005 7:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts and prayers are with you Deb.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: March 1, 2005 10:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy 75 days free Very Happy . Get well soon. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 2, 2005 10:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending you get well soon vibes Deb Smile You'll feel so much better after it is done. My grandma has had hip replacement and even though she dreaded it, when it was over she felt so much better Smile

(((((((((((DEB)))))))))))))))

Kris
Six months, three weeks, one day, 7 hours, 31 minutes and 34 seconds. 4126 cigarettes not smoked, saving $825.42. Life saved: 2 weeks, 7 hours, 50 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 2, 2005 7:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's wishing you a fast recovery. Pretty sure you'll have one. My friend had a total hip replacement, and she was back teaching her ballet classes in just over a month--maybe less!

I used to see those people come in to my surgeon's office, who had gotten the hip replacement--I got my knees fixed instead--with their crutches, and then walk right out again, unaided and with big smies on their faces. So I guess it really works! Hang in!

Check in when you Smile come back! Thinking of you. Smile

Margaret
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 2, 2005 8:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb: You'll do fine with your hip replacement.....M y sister just had 1 done 2 months ago and after physical therapy and rest, she is doing greaat......Just 7 months before that she had her other one done, so it can't be that bad......she walking alot better too......gail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: