quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Monday Weight/Health Check-In
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 10:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Mary D., you made me want to get up and run around the block. Such enthusiasm! It's really very contagious and I thank you for posting such an up-beat note.

You're to be congratulated on you perseverance. You've made so many changes recently and all positive. Great going!!! Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
JamesP

Quit Date:
November 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 11:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been around for awhile, and I certainly haven't been working on my weight. But I am back now! My new plan: eat well 6 days a week, then eat junk on the seventh day! My sister is joining me in this plan, and we are starting Monday. We both hope to lose about 10 pounds.

Keep up the great work, all! If you kicked cigs, you can do anything!

James

Enjoy your quit -- it's the last one you'll ever have!
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: May 17, 2005 10:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer's coming guys. We need to keep on this!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 18, 2005 10:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I have been reading about the South Beach Diet and while I know I will not stick to a strict diet, I think I can incorporate this into my daily eating routine. In just reading and buying some of the products that say South Beach on them, I have already begun to cut back and loose a couple of pounds. I am just making better choices of what I eat and I am eating breakfast each day.....it seems the first thing I noticed is my pot belly is going down and my pants are fitting nicer. I am not one to count carbs, or calories and know it is more the amount I eat than what I eat so this dietbook is helping me to choose better foods...those with good carbs, fiber and the right fats...this is where I think this book and Akins differ...this book says to eat carbs but to eat the ones that are best for you and cut out the bad ones....hope this information is of use to someone else who hates to diet.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 19, 2005 11:11 PM    Post subject: ww still working! Reply with quote

down another 1.6 lbs. The Weight Watcher food plan is really quite easy to follow and stick with. the weight loss is slowing down a bit - so I'll try to re-energize by trying some different foods - I think I let myself get into a rut of choosing the same things because I knew the point values and didn't have to think about it - but it was unsatisfying and boring. also will try to get an extra Curves workout in this week and walk on non-workout days... slow and steady wins the race!!! I didn't gain this weight quickly - so I shouldn't expect to lose it quickly.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 20, 2005 4:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice Mary, loosing weight too quickly will surely come right back....so I think slow is much better......
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 27, 2005 10:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another week...and another 3.5 pounds GONE! This week I trimmed a few of the junk carbs out and put those points into more lean protein. It definitely added some variety to my usual choices and I was making sure I weighed and measured to know what I was really eating. Its working! I also found a weight control guided imagery tape by the same lady that did the smoking cessation tape that I used to help me to quit smoking. I play it as I'm going to bed - I fall asleep listening to it. I don't know if it is working - but I know it can't hurt - our minds can be a powerful asset - brain power!

Mary D.
JamesP

Quit Date:
November 3, 2003

PostPosted: May 28, 2005 12:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Since I started this thread I must have gotten on and off my new diet four times. It reminds me of my smoking days - I'd vow to quit and then be right back at it by sundown. The difference is that this time, I know I can do it - because I quit smoking, and NOTHING could be harder than that!

I am starting back on the diet plan tomorrow. News and highlights at 11.

Thanks for listening Smile

James

Enjoy your quit -- it's the last one you'll ever have!
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 9, 2005 10:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good week with Weight Watchers....Last week my weight loss wasn't very significant - less than a pound - but after the memorial day weekend - most folks had small gains (at least I lost)...well - I didn't let a less than spectacular week on the program be the start of a upward spiral undoing all of my hard work. I realized I hadn't done the things I need to do to continue to lose weight - I didn't measure, I didn't drink all of my 6 glasses of water, I allowed myself little splurges, I made some bad choices. So... I recommitted to the plan and I did those things and guess what - it worked - today's weigh in showed a FIVE POUND loss! It's exciting to see the total pounds lost keep growing - I've lost over 30 pounds in 12 weeks. I still have more to go....but I'll take it a week at a time...this is all about replacing bad habits and bad food choices with better ones. And learning how to tell when I've had enough. I'm also trying to understand why I want to eat - am I really hungary? or is it boredom or frustration or anger - all of those emotions we hid from as smokers can be the same things that trigger overeating. Making better choices....one day at a time!

Mary D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: