quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Feel like death warmed over
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 6, 2005 8:08 PM    Post subject: Feel like death warmed over Reply with quote

I am feeling yucky. My head feels like not only is there cotton in it. (ok which one of you owns the cotton factory and thought it would be funny to stuff my head full of the stuff). but also that one of Gentle Breezes tribesmen is in there beatin on a war drum. My stomach is rolling around like I am on a boat in the middle of the ocean with no dramine. Also my joints all ache like someone put them in a vice and forgot to let it loose.

And sneeze oh yes the infamous sneeze the one that is so hard it feels like your back bone is coming through your skin and wanting to keep right on going. I can't count how many of those I have done since yesterday. Oh yes almost forgot to mention the throat and how raw it feels. I know that hamburger is suppose to be good raw(steak tartar) but do not think that it is suppose to be in a human's throat. Very Happy Sad

I think I am sick Shocked Very Happy . I have not been sick in over 5 years so now why? Weren't we suppose to feel better when we quit not get sick.

I suppose though the silver linning in all of this is one I don't smoke and would of felt oh so much more like "death warmed over" then I do now and 2) I see the Dr tommorrow it is an appointment set up a month ago so if I had to get sick I guess this is good timming.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 6, 2005 8:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry you're feeling so yucky. You may want to pm Kay and ask her what to do for this disease the two of you are sharing. Wink

It's great that you have an appointment with the doc tomorrow. Hopefully he can give you something to make you feel better. Sure glad you're no longer a smoker.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 6, 2005 10:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

Welcome to the wonderful world of the flu. The early part of Feb I came down with it. It went through the whole family, but hubby (lucky dog!) This took 3 weeks to over this nasty stuff. Like you, I don't get sick hardly ever. But this year, I've heard more reports from everywhere about people getting this nasty bug. It's the pits. Buckle down girl and just expect to lay around for at least a few days.

Sorry to hear you're sick! Sad

Love

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 6, 2005 10:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,
It sounds like you're having an awful time. Hang in there. It sounds like you have a strain of the flu. Get plenty of rest and take it easy! You'll be in my thoughts.

Hugs,
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 1:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

I'm so sorry you are sick! Spunds like the flue to me, too. Sad Salty water gargles, hot tea with honey and lemon, and keep yourself warm. See the doc ASAP.

Hope you feel better soon! Smile

Love to ya,
Margaret

Margaret
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 12:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Dr appointment has been postponed we have frozen icy roads. No one is going anywhere. Flu???? Lord Idon't even remember what that feels like. Hmm guess I will just go to bed read a good book watch tv or just plain sleep. I still feel awful and it has already been 2 days.

Now if someone would just get these tribesmen of 'Gentle Breezes out of my head with their drums I think I could handle this. Any chance anyone could do something about them? Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks guys I super appreciate the answers.

Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 12:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleeping is the best remedy I can think of! I'm hoping that you are feeling much better, but as with most things, it probably just has to run it's course, so do whatever you can to feel better!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 2:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry that you are feeling bad,

I also had this at the first of the year, It took 3 weeks to recover.....I believe I was in bed for all of those three weeks,,,,,,

This is yucky, I wish you a speedy recovery and lots of rest...

Pam

2 weeks, 5 days, 9 hrs, 42 min free of nicotine and healing Cool

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 3:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluids and lots of rest is the recommended treatment - unless you are running a high fever...then you need to get to the doctor as soon as the roads are passable! And don't try to get back to normal activity too soon -its a guaranteed relapse scenario...take your time!! Go slow when you do get to feeling a bit better.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 9:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you feel better. We've got some health care facilities here in near lockdown because this thing is so nasty. Sending you get well wishes!

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 11:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

GET WELL SOON!

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 8, 2005 12:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

I hope you feel better real soon but I think it may take awhile.

Chicken soup and lots of juice.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: March 8, 2005 5:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, sending you get well wishes. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: March 8, 2005 5:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear you are under the weather.

Get well soon.

Deb Very Happy
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 9, 2005 1:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the well wishes. I still feel yucky but think it isn't the flu but a yuck head cold and they make me feel worse then the flu.

Good news is the roads are once again passable bad news is still can't go anywhere the U joints on \the blazer gave out so we are home bound until david fixes it.

I think I will live even though I don't feel as if I wiil. Head is so plugged up that I have to breath through my mouth which I guess is a good thing seeing as then I drink lots of fluids cuz my mouth is so dry.

My head also aches like crazy so much so it keeps me from sleeping at night even if I could which I can't because of the the plugged up nose.

FUN FUN till daddy takes the t bird away. And boy do I wish he would hurry up and do so. I want to breath LOL Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: