quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What do you believe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 7:50 AM    Post subject: What do you believe? Reply with quote

I was given a book to me to read by Kevin Trudeau. "What Natural Cures they don't Want you to Know" (something like that).

Well has some interesting stuff, but was depressed after reading it. Makes you feel like your gonna drop dead because of the way we eat and live. He says everything should be organic. Never microwave. Drink only spring or distilled water. Said that taking a shower has more toxins in it than drinking 6 glasses of tap water.

Says that there are cures out there for things , but the government (FDA) dosn't approve. Says its all about money.

So has anybody read this book?

Any input here?

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 9:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not read it yet but do like those types. I only drink distilled water you should see what's in spring water. I'd never drink that. Just the plastic bottle it is stored in is toxic. I have my own distiller in the kitchen so no plastic. Wonder what comes out of his shower tap mine is tap water. What is he doing pumping his out of the septic tank Question Question . No use eating organic only as some fertilize the ground the same as non organic they just don't use insectisides(not all of them by the way). The cow dung they tossed on for fertilizer as well as the nutrients are packed full of crap you don't want to have in your system.I do my own garden and I consider it organic but in the winter the cost at the store for organic is just short of robbery.. So stop worrying nothing you do will change the outcome. We already knew the government sold us out they kept us smoking didn't they. Question Question If the mad cow doesn't get ya the damn chicken is hot on it's heels. Let's not even bring up the level of toxins in the fish. That now leaves the pig looking pretty good and we all know they eat all the garbage they can rustle up. Wink Wink Anyone know that a carrot used to be purple and not orange at all. Question Have you also noticed that the orange in carrots is brighter since they somehow managed to get more beta carotene in them. Question Question

The Original Carrot grown in 2000 BC was Purple.

Posted by Mike Kremer on May 16, 2002 at 19:25
(62.188.48.74)
Countless generations have grown up believing that Carrots were always orange.
Not any more, from this summer the third largest Supermarket chain in the UK 'Sainsbury's' will be selling the original carrot as it was grown in Afghanistan over 2000 years ago, when its original colour was purple.
Egyptian temple drawings showed purple carrots,
and back in Roman times the carrot was always purple, and sometimes white.
The original purple carrot was imported into Europe during Roman times, and with the fall of the Roman Empire again in the 14th and 15th century.
It was the Dutch farmers in the 16th century who
developed its present orange colour, after crossing it with a yellow variety found in North Africa.
While orange carrots get their colour from carotene some of which the body turns into vitamin A essential for healthy skin, and dim light vision.
The original purple variety, do all that, plus give us extra protection from certain forms of cancer and heart disease. The purple pigment is an anthocyanine which acts as an anti-oxidant.

The first crop of purple carrots are now being grown on fields in East Anglia UK. To be sold
towards the end of this summer.
This is following on with the publics demand for original organic foods, such as the bottles of green tomatoe ketchup on the shelves, and the orange cucumbers now being sold in the UK.

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:o_YrHNVZiJAJ:www.scienceagogo.com/message_board/messages/4832.shtml+%22original+carrot%22&hl=en

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here

Last edited by Melody on March 7, 2005 10:31 AM; edited 1 time in total
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 10:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Londa,

I feel all we can do is the best possible in today's world. I try to cook nutritious meals; always thoroughly wash veggies and fruit, etc. Beyond that, it's out of my hands.

If we choose to worry about EVERYTHING, we'll have no time nor energy to enjoy the good things life throws our way.

BE HAPPY!! Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 10:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa,

I've not read the book. But I have a belief, if it brings on overwhelming fear, then forget it. We should be aware of stuff, but this book sounds a bit too much. Put it on the shelf and out of mind as a "doomsday soothsayer"....know what a I mean? Very Happy

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 7, 2005 10:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, he also said we should stay out of swimming pools, and hot tubs. He also said tap water was the worst to drink because of chlorine. I have well water, he didn't say anything on that. He said Floride is poison. He also said Homoginized milk is bad for us. He said we should take food supplements and not vitamins.

I found this all very interesting.

He can be found at www.naturalcures.com

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: March 8, 2005 12:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book may be interesting but if it brings in fear........ I just don't know. I'd put it down. I say eat as healty as possible but I wonder sometimes if they aren't peddling there supplements?????

"Lord give us this day our daily bread. Make it holy for our bodies. Bless it and not curse it. In Jesus name amen."

Tammy
Free and loving it!
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: March 8, 2005 5:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa, I haven't read the book, but ultimately I believe all things in moderation. If I listened to all the so called experts out there I would be a basket case of anxiety. I buy the fruits and vegtables that are in season, wash them, cook them and enjoy them. I drink bottled water, but only for the convenience and then I recycle the plastic bottle. I eat red meat but not as often as chicken or fish. And you know what I do when I have too much anxiety and stress? Yes, you guessed it, I eat chocolate cake. Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 8, 2005 7:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well last night I went to his site. I think the guy is after big bucks. The site kept saying something about how it was just getting started and what he hopes to bring to it. And it cost $499.00 for a lifetime member. Or $9.95 a month.

I don't mind supporting things, but I have to believe in them first. I'd put my money on a missionary for Christ first. Or towards this site or any other thing that is against tobacco.

I found the book interesting, but dosn't mean I believe in all of it. I am a very skeptical person, yet I can be very vunarable also in other things.

Just wanted input. But you are correct, things like this can cause anxiety, and that is not from GOD.

Thanks for your input guys. I do listen.

God Bless to you all!

Love, Londa

londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 8, 2005 7:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Tonya, I with you on the chocolate! I wouldn't survive without my dark hershey kisses everyday! Only need 2 or 3 a day. Happy camper I am!

Love, Londa

Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 8, 2005 10:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Londa, here's what we say in New York...

FUGGAGEDDDABOUDITTTT!

Oh, and if I were to join his little club, which I would NOT...then I'd take the $9.95 a month, because I'm probably not long for this world anyway, according to him....so why shell out the $500 bucks?

Trust me, I work in Direct Marketing, and I've seen them all. This guy's just short of legal.

Now, listen up, cuz there's this bridge that I can get you real cheap.......

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 8, 2005 10:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pamela, you are soooo funny! Thanks everyone!
Have a great day!

God Bless!

Love, Londa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: