quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Dear John Letter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 10, 2005 12:55 AM    Post subject: My Dear John Letter Reply with quote

Hershey candy company I'm mad at you for making it so irrisistble and easy for me to pig out on chocolate and gaining all this weight...!!! Well, Hershey kisses, I'm kicking you to the curb like I did cigarettes. Bring on the smoothies, carrot sticks, and celery. I'm going shopping tomorow Hershy, and you won't be on my shopping list.

And to my big stomach and big rear end, I will continue to walk until I build my stamia up, continue to dance, and do any other exercise that will assist me in losing you both also. I will not fear cold weather or light percipitation to stop me from walking. (BTW the 40's outside is not bad once you get use to it, people further up North have it a lot colder afteall)

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 10, 2005 7:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay sweetie! Way to go! You can throw those Hershey kisses my way! (I can't seem to give them up! I have 3 a day!)

You have a great attitude! You'll walk those pounds off! (Now if I can only convence myself that I can Laughing )

Have a great morning!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 10, 2005 10:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could walk my butt off, too! I'm taking the dog out soon, but the temps only let me get so far, and then I chicken out and turn for home. The sun is beautiful, but deceiving. but, I'll go for it.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 10, 2005 10:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 10, 2005 10:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I love it!!!!! A good bye letter to Hersheys! Way to go girl!

Big Smiles and Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Jenny

Quit Date:
August 2, 2004

PostPosted: March 10, 2005 9:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN SISTER.............I love Hershey chocolate, just the plain bar with those little squares. Then M&M's are next on my list. Last is ho-ho's.

I cannot have them in the house, because I eat them all in a short period of time. If I can try to keep them out of the house, the longer I stay away from the chocolate - I kind of quit craving it so much.

You can do it - and thank goodness Spring is almost here. Supposed to get in the 40's here in Southern Indiana next week, too.

I'm hitting the pavement myself.

Great post. Very Happy

Jenny
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 10, 2005 9:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My weakness is chips or veggies and dips. Naturally, I detest the sour cream & cream cheese which is fat-free -- they're gross. If I'm going to go off my diet, I'm going off all the way; fat and all. Alas, though, now I'm sitting here eating butterless, 99%fat free popcorn. At least it's something to munch on.

BTW, dark chocolate is good for the heart so maybe you could have a few Hershey's each day, huh? Wink

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 11, 2005 1:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barb,

Good for you! Very Happy

I have an allergy, so my good-bye letter went more like this:

"Darling Chocolate,
How could you do this to me?! I loved you so much, and was willing to put up with rotting teeth, bad skin, and almost anything to have you and your wonderful feelings! Now you have given me also MIgraines, so this is it! WE are divorced, and oh, how I cried. But I now see after reading Barb's letter, that I am better off without you, anyway!"

Thanks, Barb! Laughing Very Happy

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 11, 2005 3:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi All,

I did not have any chocolate candy all day Thursday or today yet either. I went for a walk around my block, danced inside, and feel great. My snack was a smoothie made with banannas, strawberries, and chocolate milk made with skim milk. OMG, I'm I cheating with the chocolate milk in the smoothie? I bought boneless skinless chicken breast for supper. I got out my Weight Watcher's cookbook last night and plan to make some bean salads out of the book.

To be honest, I have this new zest for life ever since kicking my in-laws to the curb. It's a long story for those of you who don't know it but it's all in the past now except when my hubby brings it up.

I cannot stop at one or 3 chocolate kisses. I have to eat them by the handfuls like potato chips. I have some left in the house but plan to let hubby eat it or my nephews when they come over.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: March 11, 2005 12:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,

I'm right behind you girl. Damn to Hersheys and don't forget about Hagan Daz, Breyers, Nabisco, Frito Lay, Ben & Jerries, the list goes on and on, these too are our silent enemies. LOL

Exercise oh, are we suppose to be doing thistoo? Ok I'll give it a try.

Have a good day!

Deb
Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: March 11, 2005 12:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this Hershy kisses talk reminded me of when I ran into a friend of mine at KMart. She was looking for a bag of Hershy kisses to make those peanut butter cookies with the kiss in the middle. She wanted the ones with the bits of almond in them, but the candy shelves were all messy and she couldn't find them. I spied a gold bag of kisses and thought that must be it, however, it turned out to be regular kisses in a different color bag because they were imported from Canada (I live right on the border). The writing on the bag was French, so I guess they were French kisses! Ew. Can't be serving cookies at church with those on them!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 11, 2005 2:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Deb and Angel,

I got a chuckle out of both your responses. French kisses, now that's funny.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: