quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Feeling scared....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 30, 2004 11:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy-

I have a Merck Manual sitting on the desk next to me.. if you want me to send you info, just email me and I will (zuzus_petals2000@yahoo.com)

-Zuzu
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 8:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mindy. Glad to hear that you know what it is and what's going on. Mr. Bill (my other half) has been diagnosed as hyperthyroid for about 5 years, and just has to take some meds every day, and has blood work done regularly to see where thyroid levels are.

The reason I'm telling you this is that he quit smoking a week an a half after me. Smoking affects your metabolism and thyroid....and therefore quitting......and when he went for his blookwork after quitting.....He had gone from hyper to hypothyroid.....thyroid not active enough.

I guess what I'm saying here is that smoking...or not smoking....can cause some physical changes...and anyone one any kinds of meds should see their doctors after quitting....to see if any adjustments are needed.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 9:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol, From some things that I've read lack of iodine used to cause goiter in people. My doctors nurse told me yesterday that no meds will be needed since nowadays we all get enough iodine in our every day diets.

I can't remember who posted about their daughter having thyroid cancer.....That must have been so difficult to deal with but I'm so happy to hear everything turned out well. I hate to hear of any child getting a form of cancer or disease.

Zuzu--If you have some good info on goiter, you can send me some! mhenkins@msn.com I really haven't found much info on the internet. I am not sure when I'll go back to see the doctor. I'll have to wait to see how my bloodwork turns out.

Anyhow, today I'm feeling a lot better and not having to worry.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement,
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 11:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIndy-

I will email either later today or tomorrow early.

-Zuzu
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 6:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy, How in the world did I miss this for 2 days. I am Praying. I am so sorry I did not see this. Try not to worry.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: