quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lots of pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 21, 2005 7:09 AM    Post subject: Lots of pain Reply with quote

It is 5 o'clock in the a.m. and I woke up about 1 after sleeping only 3 hours.
This has been happening for several nights. Not wanting to go to hospital, I took pain med, but it only masks what is apparently getting worse. Maybe it is the hernia--leaving off pain med to see how bad things are. Did not know they (or anything else) could hurt like this. Doc still out of town. I think I will go to a different ER room tomorrow, where I get my back shots. I have lost faith in my own hospital, because this is not new, only much, much worse, and they do not find it or fix it.

I thought I would post now on the off chance that I'm not around, should I be put into the hospital. Really got to get this pain stopped some which a way.

Not to worry. I will be back. Hey, maybe even tomorrow! Very Happy And yes, I will call my neighbor and my friends, so will not be totally alone, I hope.

Margaret
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: March 21, 2005 7:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Margaret, hope you are feeling better soon!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 21, 2005 9:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear you're having this trouble, margaret; hang in there, and hopefully, your doc will figure this out when (s)he gets back.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 21, 2005 11:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, please do have this checked. There's no reason for you to be hurting like you are.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 21, 2005 2:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Margaret,

I'm sorry you have to go through so much pain. I hope you do get it straight today. You are always in my thoughts.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 21, 2005 10:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I put the dog in the kennel because I was sure this time I would have to stay in the hospital, and I was even sure I could do it because the pain would have been to bad to leave, but, they didnt find anything wrong--no cause of the pain at the ER. I said wasn't this impossible, that it had to be something, and the ER doc says yes it does, but it is not his job to find that out. He just checks for anything major or life-threateneing, as in it is not an aneurism, kidney stones, or ruptured apendix. So he doubled the strength of the morphine I'm taking, and told me to see my doc. My doc got back today, but was too busy to see me until Wednesday. Man, 2 more days of this pain! Sad Don't seem right. It starts in as soon as the morphine wears off like a hot sword through my side.

I stocked up on junk food--crackers, popcocrn, cookies, and ice cream since I feel sorry for myself. Gotta find another doc, if they don't find it--even it is only a spastic colon, it needs treatment. I mean, morphine is great, nice amooth trip here with this new one Cool , but I can't take it too long for 2 reasons. Besides being an addictive drug, it messes up my life-style. I need to be at that gym, working out!! Very Happy And running around town having fun! Very Happy (When I want to.)

Margaret
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: March 22, 2005 9:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

margaret,
hope you are feeling better. i hate hospitals. the last few times i have gone they have been unable to tell me what is wrong with me. i've gone for stomach pains twice now and they don't know what it is. but of course the one time you don't go it will turn out to be something serious, i guess. hopefully you get to see your doctor soon and they can help you out with your pain.
jenny
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 22, 2005 10:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jenny. I will finally see my doc tomorrow, so I hope he knows something. I still have that pain today, and I know what you mean, when they don't find it. This is a bit like last summer, when I had all those tests made that showed nothing, but this time it is worse!!

It helps to know one is not alone! Smile

I had another death in my family today, but I think I will do a separate post for it. It happened in a strange way, and I wonder if anyone has ever heard of it--he went to sleep and never woke up while taking his pain med, so now, naturally, I am afraid to take mine! Rolling Eyes

More later.

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: